Spurs officially departed tonight

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Didn't look one bit out of place at the Bernebau against the best team in the competition.

Take a bow.
Poch is a good coach. Wouldn't mind him replacing Jose whenever Mou decides to move on from United.

Kostur

海尔的老板
6 defenders, 4 central ones, holy shit lmao feck off Pochettini you absolute negative boretwat. this is how we do it

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Nah, group stages still mean feck all. If they do that in the knockout phase then it'll be truly impressive. I remember a season where PSG was comfortably better than Real Madrid in both group matches without winning them, they still were embarassed in the later stages of the tournament.

Aboutreika18

Meh, the group stage is usually too early to draw conclusions.

Their performance in the knockout stages is where we'll really be able to work out how good they are.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Real aren't the best team in the competition at the moment. They've looked very shaky and vulnerable all season.

But Spurs matched them well and maybe they'll start having some belief in Europe now.

Edit: if Real beat Spurs at Wembley and Dortmund beat Spurs in Germany, then they're neck and neck aren't they? Spurs and Dortmund I mean.

Could be a very interesting group.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Nah, group stages still mean feck all. If they do that in the knockout phase then it'll be truly impressive. I remember a season where PSG was comfortably better than Real Madrid in both group matches without winning them, they still were embarassed in the later stages of the tournament.
Harsh. Both teams wanted to win the game and if RM had spanked them, it would have been seen as business as usual.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Harsh. Both teams wanted to win the game and if RM had spanked them, it would have been seen as business as usual.
Don't get me wrong, this is a very good result but you made them sound like one of the best teams in Europe. A litte bit of restraint is all I'm saying.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I wanted us to sign Aurier but he looks like a walking red card. Spurs have arrived. I think they have taken Arsenals spot in the PL hierachy
Imagine Aurier plus Rojo :lol:

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
3rd place team in La Liga table versus 3rd placed team in the Premier League table. Result 1 - 1.

Manchester City look a better team than Real at this current stage.

Good showing by Tottenham.

Aboutreika18

Yep and in 2009/10 Barca destroyed Inter at the Nou Camp in the group stage, although it only finished 2-0 and were the better team in the 0-0 draw in the other game.

But we all know what happened when they met in the semi-final stage.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Solid performance but that wasn't quite Madrid at their best. I'd like to see Spurs against a PSG. Step forward though no doubt.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
They're a very good side, but can't see them becoming any better than that. I don't think they'll win the Premier League or Champions League any time soon.

tony54

It was an enjoyable match and Spurs have a strong defence, Sanchez nullified marcello.
After seeing all the other English teams winning well it could be be a good season for them.

LoneStar

Spurs did well tonight. But I felt Real weren't at their best today, nowhere near that. The midfield was great as usual, but the front 3 were pretty bad. Benzema was poor, and Ronaldo was okay. It baffles me why they didn't buy anyone in the summer.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
They're a very good side, but can't see them becoming any better than that. I don't think they'll win the Premier League or Champions League any time soon.
They've been becoming better every year since 2014, to be fair. Without exception. It would always feel weird predicting them to win anything, with them being Spurs and all, but they've been doing some non-Spurs things more and more often of late. Who knows.

Treble

Spot on.

dichinero

They've been becoming better every year since 2014, to be fair. Without exception. It would always feel weird predicting them to win anything, with them being Spurs and all, but they've been doing some non-Spurs things more and more often of late. Who knows.
I think is fair to say that Pochettino has improved every squad he's had, progressively every season for 5 seasons straight. That's quite remarkable.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Loved their defense. With a bit more pace in attack and some less boneheadedness by Aurier, they could have really surprised Madrid. Don't understand the Llorente selection, Son could have been lethal in a quick transition game.

Davinson Sanchez will be a top defender.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Spurs have finally arrived tonight? Boy they were coming for a long time werent they?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Real aren't the best team in the competition at the moment. They've looked very shaky and vulnerable all season.

But Spurs matched them well and maybe they'll start having some belief in Europe now.

Edit: if Real beat Spurs at Wembley and Dortmund beat Spurs in Germany, then they're neck and neck aren't they? Spurs and Dortmund I mean.

Could be a very interesting group.
Nah, even if your scenario happens, Spurs still have Apoel at home, whilst Dortmund have to play Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

Bojan11

How many big away games have Spurs won under Potch?

People criticise Jose. Interesting to see the stats.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Didn't look one bit out of place at the Bernebau against the best team in the competition.
Neither did Valencia or Betis who probably did just as well as Spurs in the past month. Defensively solid today but not much else, Kane and Eriksen weren't great.

We (Sporting) also divided the game at the Bernabeu last year, deserved a point and we were crap for the rest of the season.

cyberman

How did they not win?
If Eriksen was on form then its a comfortable win imo

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Nah, even if your scenario happens, Spurs still have Apoel at home, whilst Dortmund have to play Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.
Fair enough. Is Dortmund v Real last game of the group?

You should go through now, and if you can out similar performances together at Wembley, should give any team a decent game.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Have Spurs lost a game since Sanchez became a starter?
I don't think so. I honestly can't believe how good he has been. He has come in as a kid from another league and has slotted in looking like he has played for us for years. Really promising. A shout out for Harry Winks also, England have the midfield problem sorted as long as they play him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We were the better team in Paris. Then they absolutely wiped us out at the bernabeu and still somehow managed to lose that game :lol:

And then went out against limp d*ck city :lol:

Spurs showed maturity tonight. Weren't great, but still never checked out and managed to keep it tight. Stuck by their plan and executed it well, we did the rest for them. Have to say i'm impressed

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Have Spurs lost a game since Sanchez became a starter?
No. In the league we've only conceded two league goals in his five starts - won 4 and drawn one of those games.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Loved their defense. With a bit more pace in attack and some less boneheadedness by Aurier, they could have really surprised Madrid. Don't understand the Llorente selection, Son could have been lethal in a quick transition game.

Davinson Sanchez will be a top defender.
Llorente was their best player by a mile(along with sanchez). Take him out and it's a 90 minutes siege to their box

Javi

Yeah and let Morata go. Mental.
There was no point in keeping Morata. He wanted minutes and Madrid couldn't provide them, money was ok too. The problem with having players like Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema is that if they are fit they cannot be left out without risking dressing room trouble which in turn means that recruiting back up players is a nightmare.