Stan Kroenke is set to take full ownership of Arsenal in a deal valuing it at £1.8bn

MrPooni

Completely agree here. The Glazers have drained over a billion pounds out of the club. Yes, the past owners weren't great and they cost us money in terms of dividends. But they also supported Ferguson completely. The match-going fans were turning on the team a bit last season - that's after spending decent amounts last year - can you imagine how much this will turn if we fail to invest this year? The Glazers and Woodward should be well aware that United's fans are the reasons we're in the position we are. We need to be respected, and there's simply no way that Woodward, the Glazers, even Mou can say with a straight face we will win the league or Champions League this season given the current team. This should be the aim every season.
While you're more than entitled to hold on to your senseless hate boner for the Glazers, can you try doing it without making shit up? The pre-Glazer board were a total nightmare at times. Take this little gem from 2003 for example:
Sir Alex Ferguson will not be allowed to expand his squad this summer, even though he believes it is too weak to compete in Europe.

Last month, the Manchester United manager complained that he had only 18 outfield players to choose from, leaving him at a disadvantage compared to the likes of Real Madrid and Juventus. However, despite the club yesterday announcing a 32 per cent increase in profits before player disposals in the six months to 31 January, the chief executive, Peter Kenyon, said he will not sanction any transfers unless the squad size is kept at current levels.

"It is fair to say that if Sir Alex wants to buy someone, he will have to sell someone else,"
Kenyon said. "You can only field 11 players at one time and we have 24 in our squad, which, when it is supplemented with some of our younger players, we feel is the right number to get through 70-plus games a year."

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...on-told-to-sell-before-he-can-buy-113315.html

Castia

He's mentioning Arsenal because this is a thread about Arsenal. If you want to argue about the Glazers you have a whole other forum to do it. Stop derailing this thread.
Yeah my bad sorry, thought it was one of the 20 transfer threads currently active

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I'd guess it would come out of the £600m turnover, or do you think the Glazers are paying the wages out of their life savings?
:lol: Seems like people actually think thats the case. Kroenke is technically a regular investor into Arsenal, but he does so through using Arsenal's revenue. I'm sure these people bigging up United's ownership would say the same about Kroenke if they were Arsenal fans right?

Personally I'd say Kroenke is a middle of the road owner. He doesn't hog an extreme amount of the revenue for the sake of himself, and he doesn't spend into relegation like Villa. But he's not a sugar daddy either. Could be worse, could be better.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
The only positive about this is that Kreonke kind of looks like Ron Pearlman, and I like Ron.

I bet he doesn't even have a manly voice like Ron though.

Neo_Mufc

Man Utd's ownership under the Glazers, Fergie brought in 5 titles in 8 seasons, (narrowly missing out on 2 more titles - 1 by GD and 1 on the last day of the season and 3 CL Finals inc 1 win.

If Arsenal don't win the league or CL in the next few years how long will it be till the fans turn on Mr Kroenke?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Man Utd's ownership under the Glazers, Fergie brought in 5 titles in 8 seasons, (narrowly missing out on 2 more titles - 1 by GD and 1 on the last day of the season and 3 CL Finals inc 1 win.

If Arsenal don't win the league or CL in the next few years how long will it be till the fans turn on Mr Kroenke?
Not sure if you've read through the thread at all... We have already turned on him. No one wants the parasite around.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Honestly if every club was owned by it’s fans win no owners intervention Man Utd would be so far ahead of the rest that it wouldn’t be fun. That’s why the universe sent the Glazers to come and saddle the club with debt to balance things out.
You just need to have a quick read through the forum to realise that's absolute nonsense.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Takeovers where loans are taken out against the club, riddling them with debt and interest payments should be banned. They either have the money or you don't.
Do you have an issue with people buying properties with mortgages?

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Do you have an issue with people buying properties with mortgages?

I think one of the main differences is that when you take out a mortgage, the onus is on you to work your arse off for about 30 years to pay it off. If you screw up and can’t repay it, the bank takes the house and you’re declared bankrupt or insolvent or whatever, but it’ll affect your every financial move for years afterwards if you do feck it up.

As I understand it, Stan is taking out a loan and placing the onus to repay it on the club, or rather the fans who turn up every week, and if it all goes tits up, he still walks away without any personal liability.

It’s all on the club to repay the debt, but he’ll still get his “pay” so to speak.

It’s an amazing set up if you know how to manipulate it.

hobbers

And we think we have it bad.

Between this and Spurs new stadium debt and Chelsea's never ending troubles, and all 3 clubs having shit transfer windows to boot, we have it fairly easy in comparison.

haram

And we think we have it bad.

Between this and Spurs new stadium debt and Chelsea's never ending troubles, and all 3 clubs having shit transfer windows to boot, we have it fairly easy in comparison.
Finishing top 4 is ok for those teams. We are supposed to be competing for the title. Our squad is ok to fight for top 4, that’s not what we need though.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I think one of the main differences is that when you take out a mortgage, the onus is on you to work your arse off for about 30 years to pay it off. If you screw up and can’t repay it, the bank takes the house and you’re declared bankrupt or insolvent or whatever, but it’ll affect your every financial move for years afterwards if you do feck it up.

As I understand it, Stan is taking out a loan and placing the onus to repay it on the club, or rather the fans who turn up every week, and if it all goes tits up, he still walks away without any personal liability.

It’s all on the club to repay the debt, but he’ll still get his “pay” so to speak.

It’s an amazing set up if you know how to manipulate it.
Plenty of people buy properties with mortgages and use the rent received to pay off the mortgage.

Rent from property is no different from club incomes from the club. Just different scale.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Take the Glazers talk out of this. I'll start infracting people if there's any more talk of Glazers.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Plenty of people buy properties with mortgages and use the rent received to pay off the mortgage.

Rent from property is no different from club incomes from the club. Just different scale.

Correct about the scale, but again, the Landlord is tied to the property themselves, unless they set it up in a company format and they’re just “an employee” per say, then if things go tits up they’re not personally liable.

Landlords are in the ha’penny place compared to what these guys are doing.