Television Star Trek

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Any trekkers in the house ? I just recently discovered Enterprise and have been downloading the episodes from iTunes. Well written stuff. I hear they're working on a new series as well.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's quite a difference in quality. I always wondered why TNG wasn't available on iTunes whereas all the other ST series were.

Eriku

TNG is the shit... Star Trek always grapples with big questions, moral positions, whether to intervene or not and how... It's an on-going dialectic, to a large extent, and that's more than you can say for most shows that reduce these issues to platitudes, mostly.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
TNG is the shit... Star Trek always grapples with big questions, moral positions, whether to intervene or not and how... It's an on-going dialectic, to a large extent, and that's more than you can say for most shows that reduce these issues to platitudes, mostly.
Which makes it all the more surprising that they haven't kept a Star Trek series going in recent years. There are loads of Star Trek fans everywhere, yet no show to be found.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
When I was a kid, I just wanted to see space battles.

As a grew older, I appreciated that more and more. By the time I was old enough to really enjoy it, it was gone though... sad story. I hope those Blu-rays are affordable.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Loved Next Generation and pretty much all the movies. Even liked Voyager but never got into DS9 or Enterprise

Deanna Troi may have been responsible for my 1st ever wank

Crustanoid

Just watched Generations - thought it wasn't too bad. They could have made a bit more of Kirk's death

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Just watched Generations - thought it wasn't too bad. They could have made a bit more of Kirk's death
I find it a bit awkward when they mix characters in the same show/film. TNG characters used to randomly appear in DS9 and Enterprise episodes. Highly unimaginative imo.

redtilded121

not a great fan of tng ,although 'yestrerday's enterprise ' is one of my all time favs along with the one with datas daughter
DS9 i did like with the dominion.
TOS will always have a special place
voyager was hit and miss
for me though FARSCAPE beats trek.
as for the films the recent reboot was exellent ,undiscovered country and the voyage home and the wrath of khan were the best of the rest.

redtilded121

one of the best DS9 ep's.
Mind you I did want them to explane how the Klingon's got the ridges on there head , it was skipped over by Worf.
the 'enterprise' being a prequal series did explain it, some dodgy klingon scientists tried to use some superhuman dna to make super klingons thus making the ridges disappear for a generation or so .

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Dont listen to the critics! enterprise was ace...specially the last season.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
not a great fan of tng ,although 'yestrerday's enterprise ' is one of my all time favs along with the one with datas daughter
DS9 i did like with the dominion.
TOS will always have a special place
voyager was hit and miss
for me though FARSCAPE beats trek.
as for the films the recent reboot was exellent ,undiscovered country and the voyage home and the wrath of khan were the best of the rest.
ds9 is the best trek series and different to tng in that it had long arcs whilst tng had stand alone episodes.

1.ds9
2.enterprise
3.tng
4.voyager
5.tos

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I just finished season 3....about to go into 4 (although I've already seen a few season 4 episodes including the final).
season 4 is fantastic. i dont why the cnuts cancelled it and more importantly why there's no more star trek.

i refuse to accept that episode as the finale...it was a tng episode. the 2nd last episode was the finale.

redtilded121

yeah nothing much wrong with enterprise ,i understand the t.v execs messed it about in the US schedules not the first time this has happened e.g sliders ,80's dr who over here . i think execs just do not understand the genre and get panicky as it is relatively expensive t.v.

Widnes

after many years I'm goiung back through Enterprise because I didn't see the 4th season, I'm up to half way through second season and can not wait because the 3rd was possibly the best season out of any Star Trek season, maybe DS9 when they was at war could of edged it.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
One of the few things JJ Abrams seems to have not been able to screw up...yet

Seems to be a bit heavy on the special effects but looks good and Cumberbatch is more than likely going to steal the show

VoetbalWizard

Loved Next Generation and pretty much all the movies. Even liked Voyager but never got into DS9 or Enterprise

Deanna Troi may have been responsible for my 1st ever wank
DS9 is brilliant. the best trek.

TNG was my favourite but the older i get the more i find myself remembering ds9 episodes and rewatching the series.

Voyager had great potential but let down by characters that were twats. the majority of the crew were cnuts.

Enterprise was let down by the same reason as voyager IMO.

Revan

Assumptionman
I have a feeling that Benedict Cumberbatch will be a great villain. Didn't like Captain Nero (played by Eric Bana) that much in the last one. Hoping for a better movie than the last, who was pretty good if you decided to forget everything about the science.

Zen

Armageddon by being like one of the 8 writers on it.

LOST by actually being a good producer and getting the money for it and making it a big thing then leaving it to it's actual creators to ruin.

Alias by pretty much leaving it.

Mission Impossible by redeeming it after the godawful 2nd.

Super 8 by putting too many lens flares in it.