Film Star Wars: Episode IX (The Rise of Skywalker) | Teaser Trailer Released

Revan

Assumptionman
Not a fan myself despite McDairmid's performance but did Palp really defeat Yoda? Wasn't it for the most part a draw?
Draw with Palps having the upper hand during most of the duel. With both being disarmed, Palps would have had an advantage, and clones were coming which would have meant Yoda's certain death. Yoda knows that he cannot win, only can prolong the fight or escape with his life.

Revan

Assumptionman
I used to think Mace Windu had Palpatine on the ropes, until I read the following :-
The novelization makes it clear, but I had the same impression when I watched the movie. Palps could have finished that fight anytime if he wanted so, he just wanted the price (Anakin going dark) and acted like being defeated.

Revan

Assumptionman
Interesting...

This is taken from Page 42 of the Making of Revenge of the Sith book, which contains storyline and dialogue from George Lucas' rough draft of the script....

Not only is it George Lucas canon, but it's also New Star Wars Canon as of Dec 2018.

It says a lot about Palpatine's ability to manipulate the force, which could account for his being alive.
Oh, they changed this too?

I liked the hinted (but not confirmed) the version in Darth Plagueis novel. Essentially, when Plagueis manages to control the force to create the life, something unexpected happen. Shmi Skywalker gets pregnant, essentially from the force. It is left ambiguous if Plagueis did this, or more likely, the Force created Anakin as a way of returning the Force to balance. Both Plagueis and Palpatine are terrified but also see the opportunity, and Plagueis orders Palpatine to look more in depth at Anakin and eventually turn him to the dark side. He gets turned to the dark side years after Palps finishes Plagueis.

And Anakin eventually turns the Force to balance as the prophecy said, and Plagueis/Palpatine feared.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Interesting...

This is taken from Page 42 of the Making of Revenge of the Sith book, which contains storyline and dialogue from George Lucas' rough draft of the script....

Not only is it George Lucas canon, but it's also New Star Wars Canon as of Dec 2018.

It says a lot about Palpatine's ability to manipulate the force, which could account for his being alive.
Kinell, he really was obsessed with making that prequels "rhyme".

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

thread retired

I dunno, i imagine having women wanting you even though you havent got millions of dollars and flash cars trumps that.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I dunno, i imagine having women wanting you even though you havent got millions of dollars and flash cars trumps that.
Do you have cool pictures of you with cigars? With piles of money? On tropical islands? No? You spent too much time watching dorkwars. Luckily you can join my war room and supercharge online money making. TODAY.
with a pitch like that who could say no

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
with a pitch like that who could say no

They do make me laugh these twats, “my amazing get rich quick course”.

Of course mate, just me check my gullible twat self at the door and get my cheque book!

Hoof the ball

It's possible that the 1000 generations thing could be a reference to Kylo Ren, since Kylo trained extensively under Luke, and therefore possesses the required knowledge Luke speaks of.

It's also possible that it's Rey insofar as Rey took the books onto the Millennium Falcon before Yoda burned the tree, and quite literally has the knowledge of a 1000 generations at her disposal.

After seemingly burning all the books, there’s a line that will later become important. Yoda says, “Wisdom they held, but that library contained nothing that the girl Rey does not already possess.”

At the very end of the film, we find out that the books were actually not in the tree when Yoda burnt it. There’s a very brief shot where Finn opens a drawer on the Millennium Falcon, and if you look closely, you’ll see that the Jedi texts are inside. It goes by so quickly that many viewers didn’t even notice.

So looking back, Yoda was being a bit of a trickster earlier. When he said there’s nothing in the library that Rey does not already possess, he was being quite literal. The library is empty, and Rey literally already possesses all the books. This begs the question: If the books were not really in the tree when Yoda burnt it, why did Yoda want Luke to think they were?

Art Vandelay

No that's the answer to your question, "How are 1000 generations of Jedi living on in Rey when she has never been trained as a Jedi?". Its the force, nothing to do with the Jedi.
Hhmmm I see where you're coming from, but I'm still not on board with it. He says they've passed on all they know and the 1000 generations I think is something that's been said about the Jedi before. But as @Hoof The Ball says it makes more sense if he's talking about Kylo as no one has passed anything on to her except the books the pilfering bitch made off with.

Also if that's the second death star then that could be Endor. Wicket to make a come back too, I'm calling it.

Hoof the ball

Hhmmm I see where you're coming from, but I'm still not on board with it. He says they've passed on all they know and the 1000 generations I think is something that's been said about the Jedi before. But as @Hoof The Ball says it makes more sense if he's talking about Kylo as no one has passed anything on to her except the books the pilfering bitch made off with.

Also if that's the second death star then that could be Endor. Wicket to make a come back too, I'm calling it.
In the Poe Dameron comic, she even gets C3PO to translate the texts for her :lol:

Art Vandelay

Still with her ultra fashionable sleeve bandages too! Surprising she doesn't just know those languages along with Wookie and droid.

For as crap as I think episode 9 sounds, I'm liking what I'm hearing about The Mandalorian. It sounds quite good so far and it's got Carl Weathers. The title font is also very nice. Which is a sentence I never expected to type or speak.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
In my opinion ? He kicked his ass right from the start. First the green guy got electrocuted by the famous electric hands then he fell from that senate's speech platform which was quite high, while old Palps managed to hold on to something and honestly, Emperor was entertained throughout entire duel despite having whole skin burned and deformed not so long ago.

Wasn't a flawless victory but a victory it was and after all Yoda escaped through ventilation shaft to banish himself in the end.
Any excuse to post this:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Any excuse to post this:

Is this the best Yoda could do ? Why not throw him out of the window or through the wall. How does this compare to Yoda falling from a 5th floor height in senate chamber ?

See, this is exactly why Yoda failed and Palpatine became new ruler of the galaxy. The good guys as always were simply too soft... or let's not be afraid to say it, Yoda is bit overrated.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Bit underwhelmed from that trailer. Haven't been wowed by either of the new star wars films, and this trailer is making it look like more of the same. Think I'll just be either waiting for really good reviews before going to see it, or just waiting for it to come out as a decent stream.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Bit underwhelmed from that trailer. Haven't been wowed by either of the new star wars films, and this trailer is making it look like more of the same. Think I'll just be either waiting for really good reviews before going to see it, or just waiting for it to come out as a decent stream.
I did that with The Last Jedi and still somehow ended up feeling ripped off.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I love how the force push looks really strong and yet when he hits the chair it's like slow motion impact :lol:
It's the fact that he has time to throw his arms up in the air before he even moves that makes it great.

God that fight is awful... hilarious, but awful.

SSSSnake

I really hope Rey gets killed off. Probably the worst character in all star wars history next to Jar Jar.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I honestly think this trilogy has been worse than the prequels so far yet everyone seems so up it’s ass.

decorativeed

Still with her ultra fashionable sleeve bandages too! Surprising she doesn't just know those languages along with Wookie and droid.

For as crap as I think episode 9 sounds, I'm liking what I'm hearing about The Mandalorian. It sounds quite good so far and it's got Carl Weathers. The title font is also very nice. Which is a sentence I never expected to type or speak.
Yeah, chuck in some broth, a potato and that show's got itself a stew going.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
This is exactly the problem though. They don’t need to rely on the same set of characters to be successful. The Star Wars universe has an insane amount of content and characters that would make excellent movies. I highly doubt that these recent movies were made to try and appeal to long time fans, as these are the ones who dislike the recent movies the most. Not sure who these movies are meant to appeal to, to be honest.
I'd love a spin off featuring the insane adventures of Cornelius Evazan and Ponda Baba (or How I earned the Death Sentence on 12 Systems). Pure mayhem.

Cloud7

I honestly think this trilogy has been worse than the prequels so far yet everyone seems so up it’s ass.
I loved the prequels so I may be biased, but they were far far better than these recent movies.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Has Mr Plinkett offered his thoughts on the latest trailer?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I agree, I enjoyed the prequels a lot more than this current triology. I think the supporting cast were generally much better actors, although obviously Padme and Anakin were pretty wooden.