Gaming Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PS5 Remake)

Blood Mage

Feck yeah! The original KOTOR is a top 10 game of all time. I hope the remake does it justice.

nimic

something nice
Scout
She said it on Twitter…
You mean this?

Oh yeah, she really hates it. Better sack her now. I mean, if you have to add "I believe" when you're saying her name, and "apparently" when you're explaining what she said, that's a good sign that just maybe it doesn't warrant "any excitement I had about the game is gone".

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Apparently, they have hired a someone who does not like KOTOR to re write the game... Any excitement I had, is now gone.
There's actually zero percent chance this is true. Just listen to what you just said.
Sam maggs is her name I believe. Apparently she said it a couple of years ago.
The tweet being reposted everywhere is one in which she is asked if KOTOR is her favourite Star Wars game and she said no.

Somehow it not being her favourite game translated into her not liking it, at least among the sort of braindead idiots who complain about an "SJW agenda" in everything around them.

vodrake

Sam maggs is her name I believe. Apparently she said it a couple of years ago.
This is the one that's doing the rounds.

I mean, it's not quite the brutal takedown it's been hyped up to be

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They should remake the phantom menace that was on the ps1

Slaughtering innocent Gungan's was lots of fun
God, that game was so shit but I played it so much for some reason :lol: I could never make it past the level after the underwater Jar Jar Binks homeworld place.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
You mean this?

Oh yeah, she really hates it. Better sack her now. I mean, if you have to add "I believe" when you're saying her name, and "apparently" when you're explaining what she said, that's a good sign that just maybe it doesn't warrant "any excitement I had about the game is gone".
No, I don’t mean that.
But you seem to be taking this really personally so I’m just gonna not.

kps88

The reaction is so fecking stupid. But I'm not surprised in the slightest. Star Wars, a woman, people expecting a decades old game to live up to the exact feeling they had when they first played it. It has all the ingredients of a shit show.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No, I don’t mean that.
But you seem to be taking this really personally so I’m just gonna not.
You said she didn't like KOTOR and she had said so on twitter.

If that wasn't the tweet you were referring to, which one was? Because that's the tweet all the other people trying to claim she dislikes KOTOR are referring to.

Drainy

Why does this game need a new writer? Genuine question.

Its a game that was already released and most people would consider it to have one of the best stories in gaming.

evil_geko

Apparently, they have hired a someone who does not like KOTOR to re write the game... Any excitement I had, is now gone.
Yep, I've read that, a woman who doesn't like original KOTOR, perfect for the job, I guess we still have the original.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yep, I've read that, a woman who hates original KOTOR, perfect for the job, I guess we still have the original.
Pity you didn't read any of the other posts, you'd know it wasn't true.

Did we ever find out what that TLOU2 agenda was btw? :angel:

evil_geko

Pity you didn't read any of the other posts, you'd know it wasn't true.
Pity I read a lot more from stuff her that isn't that tweet people are throwing around thinking it's only about that.

Norman made a smart move and just moved on, because it is useless to argue about this.

I don't care either way, just going to low my expectations to the ground, no big deal.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Pity I read a lot more from stuff her that isn't that tweet people are throwing around thinking it's only about that.
Really? Other than that tweet what else have you read that suggests she dislikes KOTOR then?

The actual smart move from both @Norman Brownbutter and yourself would be saying "yeah that's the tweet I was referring to, I didn't realise it was a joke tweet about The Yoda Stories, she probably doesn't hate KOTOR after all".

Last edited:

Bosws87

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not like there in the business to make money, instead they are going to hire someone who hates the game and the genre and make it as terrible as can be.

absolute fruitcakes

Drainy

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not like there in the business to make money, instead they are going to hire someone who hates the game and the genre and make it as terrible as can be.

absolute fruitcakes
I don't think she dislikes the game, to be fair. At least not from the evidence people have presented.

However, given how shitty most remakes are its highly likely that it will be terrible, but only a slim chance its due to her writing.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I don't think she dislikes the game, to be fair. At least not from the evidence people have presented.

However, given how shitty most remakes are its highly likely that it will be terrible, but only a slim chance its due to her writing.
Yeah I think he's being sarcastic. I mean I assume?

Norman made a smart move and just moved on, because it is useless to argue about this.

I don't care either way, just going to low my expectations to the ground, no big deal.
Norman didn't argue anything. He never actually gave any indication of what he was talking about, and nor have you.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Back on topic, a KOTOR remake is all well and good but a KOTOR 2 remake or KOTOR 3 is what I really want.

Balljy

I'm sure everyone would like a reasoned debate, so what's the stuff you've read? Personally, I doubt a company who will invest millions and want a profit on that to have hired someone who hates the game.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
You have a point. Do you still have to mod KOTOR2 to get it where it was supposed to have been in the first place?
Ya, RCM.

I suck at playing more or less anything so the old combat system was perfect for me. For the remake, even if my computer can run a modern game, I don't think I'd be any good at it :lol:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I'm sure everyone would like a reasoned debate, so what's the stuff you've read? Personally, I doubt a company who will invest millions and want a profit on that to have hired someone who hates the game.
I think the writer of KOTOR 2 has said he didn't like Star Wars. And it wasn't kept hidden, he got his characters to criticise most of it.

Balljy

I think the writer of KOTOR 2 has said he didn't like Star Wars. And it wasn't kept hidden, he got his characters to criticise most of it.
Yeah, that's true and I love KoToR 2. That's a bit different from hiring someone who hated the original game to remake it though as there will be an expectation that there are similarities; she will want to adjust not change. I don't believe she does though as she wouldn't take it on

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's certainly an interesting dynamic to bring to something. Possibly works better in this kind of game as you can give the main character the opportunity to take a different POV if you want but not being a massive fan of the source material could probably give you a creative edge in some cases.

SuperiorXI

It's a fantastic game that is nearly 20 years old and pretty horribly outdated by modern standards, why wouldn't we want them to remake it? Obviously I would prefer KotOR3, but that is never happening at this point. Actually, if this is a success, and the then inevitable KotOR2 is a success, that makes #3 much more likely.

There's nothing inherently bad with remakes or remasters. The C&C remaster was wonderful. There are some bad ones, but we can just not buy them.
To be honest remakes don't bother me, it's the lack of new games in a series that bothers me. It's obvious to the money men that remaking something is a no brainer and makes financial sense so they will keep at it for the foreseeable. It's the same with movies and even TV shows creeping in! Didn't they remake the walking dead twice? :lol:

I crave new things and new experiences ultimately.

Siorac

You should give the Old Republic MMO a go. It's basically KOTOR 3 at this point. Revan is even in it.
'In it' - that's an understatement. They've been milking him relentlessly up until the most recent stories.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I played TOR fairly relentlessly the first 3 years and enjoyed it a lot. Then I decided I'll never touch an MMO again. It is pretty good in fairness.

nickyboy1981

I loved KOTOR. I'll be interested to see if there's any free movement with the pov, surely it would still feel dated without it... Do Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight instead :)

Hopefully if this does well it will open the door for remakes of actual Lucas Games classics!

kps88

Why does this game need a new writer? Genuine question.

Its a game that was already released and most people would consider it to have one of the best stories in gaming.
I guess anything released back in 2003 will need some polish as videogame writing has come a long way since then. You want it to be faithful but you also don't want it to feel dated. Could also be they're adding extra content like more side quests, character development etc.