Gaming Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PS5 Remake)

Drainy

I guess anything released back in 2003 will need some polish as videogame writing has come a long way since then. You want it to be faithful but you also don't want it to feel dated. Could also be they're adding extra content like more side quests, character development etc.
I highly doubt they're adding any content.

I'm highly sceptical that this will turn out well if they are rescripting.

kps88

I highly doubt they're adding any content.

I'm highly sceptical that this will turn out well if they are rescripting.
A few extra side quests wouldn't be that surprising. Rescripting is fine in terms of improving bad dialogue, pacing etc. Almost every remake tries to improve on things that were annoying/dated about the original. People wanting the exact same thing with zero changes should just play the original.

And I highly doubt they'll change the main story. I mean, they can't be that dumb.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
I loved KOTOR. I'll be interested to see if there's any free movement with the pov, surely it would still feel dated without it... Do Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight instead :)

Hopefully if this does well it will open the door for remakes of actual Lucas Games classics!
Like tie fighter :drool:

Revan

Assumptionman
I do not understand why it needs a new writer, where Karpyshyn was excellent and now is not involved with BioWare (and many times mentioned that he would love to work in Star Wars again). He was excellent in the original game whose stories is still mentioned as one of the best ever (though to be fair, Kotor 2 from Avalon has as a good story).

Nevertheless still very excited about this.

Drainy

I do not understand why it needs a new writer, where Karpyshyn was excellent and now is not involved with BioWare (and many times mentioned that he would love to work in Star Wars again). He was excellent in the original game whose stories is still mentioned as one of the best ever (though to be fair, Kotor 2 from Avalon has as a good story).

Nevertheless still very excited about this.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tbf it's not like there isn't plenty of scope to expand aspects of the original game or add depth. Ideas I saw mentioned elsewhere were expanding Malak so he's a less one dimensional villain, delving more into the backstory between him and Revan, taking more time with the Bastilla turning to darkside plot and building each planet up so there's more depth and side quests to all of them. You also have the ability to blend plot points from KOTOR 2 more seemlessly into the KOTOR plot. Even without changing the general outline of the story at all you could go into way more detail on pretty much all of it and add hours of content.

Which would be great. If you offered me Kotor with just more side quests I'd happily buy it again.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hope it's a remake rather than a remaster. I played through it on PC 6 months ago.

Still brilliant.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I can't wait. If it's amazing then it'll sell shitloads, and then we'll get a KOTOR2 remake and I'll finally get Nihilus' mask when I tell my minions to bring it to me.

Ted Lasso

Well that's a shame.

As an aside, I replayed KOTOR on mobile and my goodness it ported really nicely. Wild how the processing power on our phones has come along.

largelyworried

They'd been working on it for three years and a realistic release date was still 2025? Sounds like they just botched the project.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This bump better be due to good new.................

:mad:

Ainu

Is there a worse holding company than Embracer in video gaming at the moment? What an absolute train wreck they've been since their acquisition frenzy.

Bebe

It's deader than dead.

I'll never understand why projects like this, or the Prince of Persia remake that would inevitably sell well are ignored or de-prioritized while companies are happy to throw millions at Avengers, Anthem or whatever stupid GaaS knowing that genre has an incredibly high fail rate.