Television Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not once in 34 years have I ever thought 'you know what I appreciate about Star Wars, how all the characters are a mystery.'
So you always expected Boba Fett to be a boring old geezer who loves sand people?

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
So you always expected Boba Fett to be a boring old geezer who loves sand people?
No, but I never gave a shit that he was 'mysterious' - in fact the reason they made the series is because overwhelmingly people wanted that backstory explained. People don't generally want to know very little about something they find to be appealing to them.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
No, but I never gave a shit that he was 'mysterious' - in fact the reason they made the series is because overwhelmingly people wanted that backstory explained. People don't generally want to know very little about something they find to be appealing to them.
That's fine, but that's not what you said in your other post :wenger:

Duafc

Village Lemon
I’m watching but i’m not loving.

If I have to see a child run away from big bad guy adults & indeed jedi who durhur around clasping their arms at thin air one more time i’ll probably have to tap out.

Feels unnecessarily childish at times.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It’s all a bit meh. Feels like they’re all phoning it in a bit, apart from Ingrim who has been really good.

I was actually shocked to learn that John Williams did the soundtrack considering it’s been crap so far!

mu4c_20le

Honestly, this show just makes me appreciate Mandalorian even more.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Surprised they went for a Vader and Obi Wan reunion so quickly in the show. Loved it though. People are overly serious with their star wars. It's entertaining and nostalgic and way more of a true star wars feel than the last few, good enough for me.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
It’s pretty shit. The inquisition characters are god damn awful, the plot feels extremely inconsistent and implausible. Leia is an annoying brat and the dialogues suck.
so far, this is a lot worse than episode I, maybe even worse than most sequels

Mercurial

The three inquisitors are ruining it hard. Also the Leiah getting caught plot is spreading thin.

Jev

I personally think Disney have brought the franchise back to life, when at one point you thought that any more Star Wars would have been flogging a dead horse.

Okay, we are probably getting a bit too much content but quite a lot of it has been enjoyable.

Saying that, I’m one of the only people that would pick Episode 7 as the best of the sequel trilogy and up there with the original trilogy so my opinion may not be valid.
Wouldn't most people pick episode 7 as the best of the sequel trilogy? Certainly wasn't episode 9.

Woodzy

Wouldn't most people pick episode 7 as the best of the sequel trilogy? Certainly wasn't episode 9.
Lots of people seem to think episode 8 is incredible. I thought it was a load of nonsense personally.

Jev

Lots of people seem to think episode 8 is incredible. I thought it was a load of nonsense personally.
I thought 8 made some bold choices, some of which I probably appreciated more than I liked them. It's a toss-up between those two for me, wouldn't think it would be controversial to pick episode 7.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I'm very disappointed to see all the racist hatred at Moses Ingram that's blown up on the Internet the last few days.

It's really shameful, they attack Disney by attacking her.
To be fair, she brought this nonsense on herself with that variety article she did. You don't get to call fans of something racist and not alert the worst people the internet has to offer to that youre expecting them. Its clearly bait to get twitter drama which in turn gets the show talked about. Because god forbid they actually let the show do the talking. You don't get to complain about "navigating the depressing realities of social media" if youre the one coming right out of the gate yelling fire before a single shot was been...well...fired. Get your Moses shot first t shirts right here!

Anyone who wants to chat chit on or about social media knows what they are getting into. Shame she, and the Star Wars twitter account crew, couldn't just keep that conversation about the show, instead of jumping right into the usual twitter talking points for the manufactured drama of it all. I don't even know what the feck she was thinking with that article because she ruined her characters arc for the audience in it by letting everyone know that
she wants little girls to look up to her... pat on the back time for Moses there. Unless of course she actually wants little girls everywhere to look up to someone who can't act every well whiling cutting peoples hands off for no reason...

Honestly, I hate the modern world and its constant need for online drama. Just make good shows. Put whoever you want in them. And then ignore the dickheads of twitter. IT would be nice to see a charm offensive for once instead of always playing these same stupid games of calling out "toxic fans".

And for the record, Moses was complaining about racist tweets before the show even aired. Dataracer had a look. Not one negative tweet before the article dropped. of the 500 replies she had, all of them were relentless praise. Funny how that dog whistle makes the dogs come running...

Hamnat

To be fair, she brought this nonsense on herself with that variety article she did. You don't get to call fans of something racist and not alert the worst people the internet has to offer to that youre expecting them. Its clearly bait to get twitter drama which in turn gets the show talked about. Because god forbid they actually let the show do the talking. You don't get to complain about "navigating the depressing realities of social media" if youre the one coming right out of the gate yelling fire before a single shot was been...well...fired. Get your Moses shot first t shirts right here!

Anyone who wants to chat chit on or about social media knows what they are getting into. Shame she, and the Star Wars twitter account crew, couldn't just keep that conversation about the show, instead of jumping right into the usual twitter talking points for the manufactured drama of it all. I don't even know what the feck she was thinking with that article because she ruined her characters arc for the audience in it by letting everyone know that
she wants little girls to look up to her... pat on the back time for Moses there. Unless of course she actually wants little girls everywhere to look up to someone who can't act every well whiling cutting peoples hands off for no reason...

Honestly, I hate the modern world and its constant need for online drama. Just make good shows. Put whoever you want in them. And then ignore the dickheads of twitter. IT would be nice to see a charm offensive for once instead of always playing these same stupid games of calling out "toxic fans".

And for the record, Moses was complaining about racist tweets before the show even aired. Dataracer had a look. Not one negative tweet before the article dropped. of the 500 replies she had, all of them were relentless praise. Funny how that dog whistle makes the dogs come running...
Are we seriously blaming a victim of racist abuse for the abuse?

Absolutely and completely silly assertion.

If she's a bad actress, if she's doing a poor job with the material. Call her out like every other actor and actress. This is like "she was wearing a slutty dress what did she expect" levels here.

Norman Brownbutter

Are we seriously blaming a victim of racist abuse for the abuse?

Absolutely and completely silly assertion.

If she's a bad actress, if she's doing a poor job with the material. Call her out like every other actor and actress. This is like "she was wearing a slutty dress what did she expect" levels here.
I don’t believe that’s what I said. I believe what I said was that if you want to enter that shitty culture war back and forth, then that’s on you. Racists and edgy teens are to be ignored. If you’re going to bait them, then you have to accept the responsibility of inviting them into your life.

Twitter is fecking stupid. And why anyone still uses it is beyond me. It’s like people want the endless and needless drama.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal

Ah I see, she WANTED racist abuse because famous and all that.

Mmm-Qatarian

Dark side villains feel a bit obsolete to me. Especially the dude in the samurai hat. He's saterday morning cartoon level bad.

I will watch it becayse it's Star Wars, but still feel Disney are slowly (not slowly at all) destroying the mysticism that surrounded Star Wars and its characters.

We can all buy our children the new cute robot though, so who cares.
I'm definitely with you on this one.

I don't really mind it all myself because, although I'm a big fan of Star Wars generally, I don't have Disney Plus and I'm certainly not going to shell out for it just so I can watch a backstory I don't care about. If there's genuine demand for these series I'm absolutely fine with just ignoring them.

With that said, I think part of the reason a lot of these shows are considered duds in the eyes of many fans is that the stories themselves aren't nearly as interesting as they're hyped up to be. Boba Fett is the perfect example. Loads of people seem to have convinced themselves that he was a really cool character in the originals when all he did was speak about five lines and then die in one of the most hilariously uncool ways you could think of. The only thing that was cool about him was his costume, and that was fine! All he was there for in the original trilogy was to get Han to Jabba's Palace so we could transition smoothly from Empire Strikes Back to Return of the Jedi.

At the end of the day, I think these backstories end up depleting the original product. To my mind, part of what makes any film great is not knowing everything that went on beforehand. It adds a sense of wonder. I think it'd be a shame to kill that with endless films and TV series explaining every throwaway line and side character in the original films.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm definitely with you on this one.

I don't really mind it all myself because, although I'm a big fan of Star Wars generally, I don't have Disney Plus and I'm certainly not going to shell out for it just so I can watch a backstory I don't care about. If there's genuine demand for these series I'm absolutely fine with just ignoring them.

With that said, I think part of the reason a lot of these shows are considered duds in the eyes of many fans is that the stories themselves aren't nearly as interesting as they're hyped up to be. Boba Fett is the perfect example. Loads of people seem to have convinced themselves that he was a really cool character in the originals when all he did was speak about five lines and then die in one of the most hilariously uncool ways you could think of. The only thing that was cool about him was his costume, and that was fine! All he was there for in the original trilogy was to get Han to Jabba's Palace so we could transition smoothly from Empire Strikes Back to Return of the Jedi.

At the end of the day, I think these backstories end up depleting the original product. To my mind, part of what makes any film great is not knowing everything that went on beforehand. It adds a sense of wonder. I think it'd be a shame to kill that with endless films and TV series explaining every throwaway line and side character in the original films.
Yea, this is exactly what I meant when I said all these shows are killing the mysticism around Star Wars. Boba Fett was just a menacing looking dude in cool armour and that was enough.

The prequels, though I still like them actually, did this with Vader for me. I always just imagine whingy Hayden Christensen underneath now.

Mmm-Qatarian

Yea, this is exactly what I meant when I said all these shows are killing the mysticism around Star Wars. Boba Fett was just a menacing looking dude in cool armour and that was enough.

The prequels, though I still like them actually, did this with Vader for me. I always just imagine whingy Hayden Christensen underneath now.
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I guess the argument in favour of the prequels would be that the originals had at least given them an interesting story to tell with Anakin's fall to the dark side. Even if the way they did it might have been lacklustre, I can see the justification for the story itself being told in the first place.

Series/films like Boba Fett or Rogue One (which I know a lot of people enjoyed) for me just felt entirely superfluous. I never once gave a shit about how the Rebels got the Death Star plans in A New Hope, and I never cared about what Boba Fett was doing before or indeed after the original trilogy. They weren't important enough to the story for me to need those stories to be told.

At this stage, though, like I said I'm pretty tuned out to Star Wars. I really enjoyed the original films, and have even read a few of the extended universe novels, but at this point I feel like it's being milked to the point of saturation and beyond. If Disney come up with a new storyline altogether which takes the universe in a different direction I might invest myself in it but at this stage I'll just leave it to be enjoyed by those who are keen on the backstories.

Mercurial

James Earl Jones should have been underneath

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I don’t believe that’s what I said. I believe what I said was that if you want to enter that shitty culture war back and forth, then that’s on you. Racists and edgy teens are to be ignored. If you’re going to bait them, then you have to accept the responsibility of inviting them into your life.

Twitter is fecking stupid. And why anyone still uses it is beyond me. It’s like people want the endless and needless drama.
No you said she brought it on herself, which is literally blaming the victim by saying it's their fault, they are the reason it happened. Without them doing the thing, it wouldn't have happened etc.

Norman Brownbutter

No you said she brought it on herself, which is literally blaming the victim by saying it's their fault, they are the reason it happened. Without them doing the thing, it wouldn't have happened etc.
No, I said she brought "the nonsense" on herself. ie, the continuing culture war nonsense. Why the feck is she talking about racism BEFORE there is any racism? We are all here to talk about Star Wars, the new tv show, Kenobi. And she starts banging on about how Star Wars fans are going to be racist to her. Sorry, but "play stupid game, win stupid prizes" applys here. Im blaming her for the internet culture war bullshit, not the racism in itself.

Here's how this goes.

Step 1. talk about being racially abused right before the start of a new tv show that everyone is excited for.
Step 2. Right wing nutters on YouTube catch wind of it and dog whistle to their right wing nutter viewers.
Step 3. Right wing nutters viewers are now on Twitter talking shit.
Step 4. See I was right. Look at all this racist abuse.
Bonus step. If your show sucks and tanks in the ratings, point to the racism as the reason it failed and avoid having to accept that you put on a product people didn't want.

This is Disney trying to claw its way out of the racist hole it dug for itself with covering up Chadwick Bosemans face on the black panther poster and reducing John Boyega to the size of a postage stamp on the Chinese posters for their respective movies.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I just watched all three in a go. It has been underwhelming, to say the least. Such lazy writing, good lord. They took something that could have been sensational and brought it down to barely passable. There were moments that they knew would hit home 100%. Like Obi Wan realizing that Anakin was 'alive'. The moment when we first heard Vader's masked breathing. The moment when they meet. And they hit home, not because of anything this show did, but because what an entire canon did beforehand.

What this show brings to the table is Baby's Day Out-esque movement for multiple characters - hired ruffians, legendary Jedi Knights and Sith Inquisitors with agility rivalling that of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars Rebels - who struggle to catch a little ten year old girl who speaks like she's auditioning for Deadpool 3. The writers must be high on that spice when they hired the monkeys who wrote the script. I have so many things that pissed me off, but nothing more than the Disney hitlist named Lets-Take-The-Incredibly-Nuanced-Characters-Of-The-Planet's-Most-Iconic-Franchise-Who-Have-Been-Shaped-Throughout-The-Canon-And-Amber-Turd-All-Over-Them-In-One-Go. They fecked over Luke Skywalker in the trilogy that shall not be named, and they're raw dogging Darth fecking Vader here.

Vader's entire character is built around a menacingly civil and calculated 'mask' ready to slip off to reveal an unstoppable, unrelenting antagonist. The fear of him tipping over keeps everyone else in line. Rogue One encapsulates this so well in the scene with Krennic. Absolute domination over a man who has so far been the most dangerous villain in the movie so far. Just the hint of his power, disguised by a twisted sense of humour and excellent dialogue. It's psychological superiority, like Bane putting his hand on Daggett's shoulder before the Do you feel in charge? line.

The writers clearly understand this in a scene where they go, "Let's have Vader randomly kill people in a gruesome way so we can show the audience that Obi Wan now knows that his guy is definitely gooone. Oh! Oh! Let's get Vader to force choke these random guys, so we deepthroat the viewers with the nostalgia. What's that? We can't have them say Choke Me Daddy as they die? Ah, shit. Let's just open with a scene where we show his bloodshot eyes as he puts on the suit."

The Empire's most fearsome villain is unable to cross a fire that was roughly 10 feet wide and 20 feet long while a turtle-paced droid slowly ambles in from Narnia, picks up his arch nemesis, orders Uber Eats, gets a wank out, and then slowly drags him away TO THE SAME SETTING. In retrospect, I did miss the writer's metaphors - they wanted us to resonate with Vader's helplessness as he witnessed the whole scene, watching an absurd sequence of events unfold in front of his eyes.

There were good parts, definitely. That's why it's still 'barely passable'. But it's hard to search for them under this heap of dung. I'll try tomorrow.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I just watched all three in a go. It has been underwhelming, to say the least. Such lazy writing, good lord. They took something that could have been sensational and brought it down to barely passable. There were moments that they knew would hit home 100%. Like Obi Wan realizing that Anakin was 'alive'. The moment when we first heard Vader's masked breathing. The moment when they meet. And they hit home, not because of anything this show did, but because what an entire canon did beforehand.

What this show brings to the table is Baby's Day Out-esque movement for multiple characters - hired ruffians, legendary Jedi Knights and Sith Inquisitors with agility rivalling that of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars Rebels - who struggle to catch a little ten year old girl who speaks like she's auditioning for Deadpool 3. The writers must be high on that spice when they hired the monkeys who wrote the script. I have so many things that pissed me off, but nothing more than the Disney hitlist named Lets-Take-The-Incredibly-Nuanced-Characters-Of-The-Planet's-Most-Iconic-Franchise-Who-Have-Been-Shaped-Throughout-The-Canon-And-Amber-Turd-All-Over-Them-In-One-Go. They fecked over Luke Skywalker in the trilogy that shall not be named, and they're raw dogging Darth fecking Vader here.

Vader's entire character is built around a menacingly civil and calculated 'mask' ready to slip off to reveal an unstoppable, unrelenting antagonist. The fear of him tipping over keeps everyone else in line. Rogue One encapsulates this so well in the scene with Krennic. Absolute domination over a man who has so far been the most dangerous villain in the movie so far. Just the hint of his power, disguised by a twisted sense of humour and excellent dialogue. It's psychological superiority, like Bane putting his hand on Daggett's shoulder before the Do you feel in charge? line.

The writers clearly understand this in a scene where they go, "Let's have Vader randomly kill people in a gruesome way so we can show the audience that Obi Wan now knows that his guy is definitely gooone. Oh! Oh! Let's get Vader to force choke these random guys, so we deepthroat the viewers with the nostalgia. What's that? We can't have them say Choke Me Daddy as they die? Ah, shit. Let's just open with a scene where we show his bloodshot eyes as he puts on the suit."

The Empire's most fearsome villain is unable to cross a fire that was roughly 10 feet wide and 20 feet long while a turtle-paced droid slowly ambles in from Narnia, picks up his arch nemesis, orders Uber Eats, gets a wank out, and then slowly drags him away TO THE SAME SETTING. In retrospect, I did miss the writer's metaphors - they wanted us to resonate with Vader's helplessness as he witnessed the whole scene, watching an absurd sequence of events unfold in front of his eyes.

There were good parts, definitely. That's why it's still 'barely passable'. But it's hard to search for them under this heap of dung. I'll try tomorrow.
This post was more fun than all of Disney's Star Wars content.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
No, I said she brought "the nonsense" on herself. ie, the continuing culture war nonsense. Why the feck is she talking about racism BEFORE there is any racism? We are all here to talk about Star Wars, the new tv show, Kenobi. And she starts banging on about how Star Wars fans are going to be racist to her. Sorry, but "play stupid game, win stupid prizes" applys here. Im blaming her for the internet culture war bullshit, not the racism in itself.

Here's how this goes.

Step 1. talk about being racially abused right before the start of a new tv show that everyone is excited for.
Step 2. Right wing nutters on YouTube catch wind of it and dog whistle to their right wing nutter viewers.
Step 3. Right wing nutters viewers are now on Twitter talking shit.
Step 4. See I was right. Look at all this racist abuse.
Bonus step. If your show sucks and tanks in the ratings, point to the racism as the reason it failed and avoid having to accept that you put on a product people didn't want.

This is Disney trying to claw its way out of the racist hole it dug for itself with covering up Chadwick Bosemans face on the black panther poster and reducing John Boyega to the size of a postage stamp on the Chinese posters for their respective movies.
Yeah I agree.

If you ignore all the other racist shit going on around Star Wars and think people should be quiet about it, or they deserve the wrath of scumbags who think it's fine to still think like that. You might have a point about Disney if you didn't sacrifice a single actor to make it. Everyone knows what Disney is and what they attempt to do, you aren't some kind of angry mystic here. But you yourself ARE targeting someone who spoke out, you ARE victim blaming and you AREN'T some genius who has cracked some code.

"Culture war nonsense". Maybe the mystery you should be trying to solve is why you are more angry at an actor speaking for what they think is right, than you are at yourself for already clearly being part of this "war".

VanDeBank

Ma’am
7 was a remake/recasting of the original. (A lot of die hard Trekkies seemed to love this) as a casual I thought it was boring. 8 was actually a new film. 9 was terrible.

It's not a hard choice.

Norman Brownbutter

Yeah I agree.

If you ignore all the other racist shit going on around Star Wars and think people should be quiet about it, or they deserve the wrath of scumbags who think it's fine to still think like that. You might have a point about Disney if you didn't sacrifice a single actor to make it. Everyone knows what Disney is and what they attempt to do, you aren't some kind of angry mystic here. But you yourself ARE targeting someone who spoke out, you ARE victim blaming and you AREN'T some genius who has cracked some code.

"Culture war nonsense". Maybe the mystery you should be trying to solve is why you are more angry at an actor speaking for what they think is right, than you are at yourself for already clearly being part of this "war".
Spoke out against...what? There was no racist comments towards her at the time. So what was she speaking out against? Because it wasnt any other racist incidents. It was just future racism. Call it out AFTER it happens, by all means. Ill join you. But moaning about it BEFORE it happens? What kind of force powers does this chick have that she can see into the future?

Right now all Star Wars fans are racist. Thats where this shit went. Headline from 2 days ago "Why can't Star Wars nerds imagine a world with black people?" Because we don't have to imagine it. Billy Dee Williams, Sam Jackson, John Boyega, Carl Weathers, Giancarlo Esposito, Thandie Newton, Hugh Quarshie, Forrest Whitaker, Naomi Ackie. And thats just the black actors. The rest of the non white actors include Pedro Pascal, Temuera Morrison, and soon to be Diego Luna. All non white actors, all in staring roles in Star Wars. Some more successful than others. So why are we continuing to talk like theres nothing but white people in Star Wars as far as the eye can see? And even if it was, why is the fault of the fans? They just watch it, Disney and Lucasfilm are the ones making it. Maybe if theres no black faces on the screen, its the ones making it you should be pointing the finger at and not people who pay to watch these shows and movies.

But what do I know, Im just some racist, homophobic asshole who needs white heterosexual men in every role or I type nasty words into a computer to get my own way. Or maybe its that I don't think she's written very well, and her acting isn't very good and the fact she's black has nothing what so ever to do with it? Nah, some teenage edge lord somewhere in the world called her names on twitter so I guess we are all like that. And you know what, youre right. I have been sucked into this stupid fecking culture war. Thats just great.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Spoke out against...what? There was no racist comments towards her at the time. So what was she speaking out against? Because it wasnt any other racist incidents. It was just future racism. Call it out AFTER it happens, by all means. Ill join you. But moaning about it BEFORE it happens? What kind of force powers does this chick have that she can see into the future?

Right now all Star Wars fans are racist. Thats where this shit went. Headline from 2 days ago "Why can't Star Wars nerds imagine a world with black people?" Because we don't have to imagine it. Billy Dee Williams, Sam Jackson, John Boyega, Carl Weathers, Giancarlo Esposito, Thandie Newton, Hugh Quarshie, Forrest Whitaker, Naomi Ackie. And thats just the black actors. The rest of the non white actors include Pedro Pascal, Temuera Morrison, and soon to be Diego Luna. All non white actors, all in staring roles in Star Wars. Some more successful than others. So why are we continuing to talk like theres nothing but white people in Star Wars as far as the eye can see? And even if it was, why is the fault of the fans? They just watch it, Disney and Lucasfilm are the ones making it. Maybe if theres no black faces on the screen, its the ones making it you should be pointing the finger at and not people who pay to watch these shows and movies.

But what do I know, Im just some racist, homophobic asshole who needs white heterosexual men in every role or I type nasty words into a computer to get my own way. Or maybe its that I don't think she's written very well, and her acting isn't very good and the fact she's black has nothing what so ever to do with it? Nah, some teenage edge lord somewhere in the world called her names on twitter so I guess we are all like that. And you know what, youre right. I have been sucked into this stupid fecking culture war. Thats just great.
So, as expected, you have no idea about the hate some of those other actors have got. You have no idea about "Rose" for example. Instead, you are a boomer throwing around buzz words like "edge lord" and blaming it all on twitter without getting the irony that you actually would fit right in there. In fact, you are clearly on there as we've seen this argument before.

Also, way to make it about "cultural wars" as a slight, yet validating it by being heavily involved. Making it about the amount of actors of varying skin in the series for example.

You are very much part of the problem. And it's not because of "twitter" or "social media" or even "mainstream media" and all the shite you lot love to parrot, it's more because people have moved on to a point where we simply shouldn't give a feck about gender, or skin colour, or race but still have to because people like you defend the "edge lords" as just angsty teens as if it doesn't matter. Kids will be kids right? Except when they get to your age, then what's the excuse? And no, I'm not calling you explicitly racist. I'm saying your eyes are closed, you would rather blame the easy target the "big bad Disney corp!" than face the real truth. The fact you have got so angry about it should tell you everything you need to know, but sadly wont.

She brought it on herself for daring to bring up her race, considering all the shit that has gone on with SW recently right? How dare someone, gender or skin colour aside, speak up about something that matters to them. How dare they have a voice. They deserve all the hate they get! Just like the woman wearing the clothes she wants on a night out, how dare she walk around like that, she's asking for all the awful things that could happen to her. She should cover up like a good little girl, just like Moses should keep her mouth shut and behave as she should. Because that's what you are saying, you are saying "there's nothing to see here, apart from a cynical Disney plot, she deserves the shit she gets for playing along!" right?

Take the tin foil off. Go touch grass. Then think about why it may be problematic you potentially trying to silence someone then blaming them for the vile abuse they get if they don't listen to you.

Last edited:

Norman Brownbutter

So, as expected, you have no idea about the hate some of those other actors have got.
She didn't mention the other actors, mate. That was my point. She was only talking about the racism she was getting...in the future. And of course about how she's the first ever black actor to appear in Star Wars. I know that you can't let this sink in because youre really invested in this being right thing, but dog whistling is still dog whistling no matter who is doing it. You don't get to say your the first at something if you aren't. And you sure as shit don't get to be as angry as you appear to be because you get push back against such claims. You don't get to claim that everyone is racist, when really its a few pricks on the internet. Edge lords or boomers.

Honestly, I don't really know why youre getting so worked up. Its not like Im advocating or defending the racist abuse. Racist abuse is of course disgusting. But claiming all Star Wars fans are racist, is like saying all of England is racist because of racist shit that was said online to the black players who missed pens in the final of the Euros. Maybe you need a little break from the internet or something. Because this tribalistic team sports culture war nonsense has you seeing me as an enemy, and I can assure you that I am not. We absolutely should talk about racism and do our best to put an end to it. We absolutely should put an end to bigotry in all its forms. But when how's about just sometimes, we get to take a break from the shit show that is reality and just talk about something else so that we don't all go crazy, or worse, become desensitised to it? Cant we just keep the drama to being IN the show, rather than all around it?

Up to you, agree, disagree, agree to disagree. Im out, you have a good night, mate.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
She didn't mention the other actors, mate. That was my point. She was only talking about the racism she was getting...in the future. And of course about how she's the first ever black actor to appear in Star Wars. I know that you can't let this sink in because youre really invested in this being right thing, but dog whistling is still dog whistling no matter who is doing it. You don't get to say your the first at something if you aren't. And you sure as shit don't get to be as angry as you appear to be because you get push back against such claims. You don't get to claim that everyone is racist, when really its a few pricks on the internet. Edge lords or boomers.

Honestly, I don't really know why youre getting so worked up. Its not like Im advocating or defending the racist abuse. Racist abuse is of course disgusting. But claiming all Star Wars fans are racist, is like saying all of England is racist because of racist shit that was said online to the black players who missed pens in the final of the Euros. Maybe you need a little break from the internet or something. Because this tribalistic team sports culture war nonsense has you seeing me as an enemy, and I can assure you that I am not. We absolutely should talk about racism and do our best to put an end to it. We absolutely should put an end to bigotry in all its forms. But when how's about just sometimes, we get to take a break from the shit show that is reality and just talk about something else so that we don't all go crazy, or worse, become desensitised to it? Cant we just keep the drama to being IN the show, rather than all around it?

Up to you, agree, disagree, agree to disagree. Im out, you have a good night, mate.
Could you please link to the interview/tweets where she prompted future racism?

Mercurial

:lol:

SuperiorXI

Surprised to see quite a few not enjoying it. Maybe it's because I grew up with the prequels so perhaps appreciate them and this follow-on much more. I genuinely think it's the best Star Wars we've had in years.