Television Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Alec Guinness was 57 at the time.

Ewan is 50 currently.

To be fair, Alec never had all the beauty products available today
My post was in jest, but that's mad that the two actors were seven years apart in age, at point of filming their respective film/tv show!!!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Soap Opera Wars.

Can't wait for Vader to visit Padme's grave while Obi-Wan watching from distance and master-bating.

choccy77

Thought the finale was very good. Few observations below:

Fight scene between Obi-Wan & Vader was brilliant.

I thought we would have seen Vader visiting Padme’s coffin as what seemed to be teased before the series started

Would have liked to have seen a bit more of an interaction between Obi-Wan & Luke at the end there rather than a two word “hello there”

Qui-Gon’s ghost appearing was nicely done although would have been better if there was a bit more dialogue between the two.

Reva came across as such a poor antagonist throughout the series.
Reva was unnecessary in this limited 6 part series and it just felt forced and it showed by the poor writing.

They had so much from Clone Wars & Rebels they could have touched on, instead of adding a new character who apparently cannot die and is written so badly and without any logic.

Just a typical KK Disney thing we have to live with forever.

It's funny, that Lucas has said about a year or so ago, he regrets selling Star Wars to Disney.

Even George with his poor dialogue skills and own mistakes, sees how bad KK & Disney screwed it up.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The whole plot worked for Vader's disservice. Can't even take him seriously now. Trying to kill Obi-Wan with rocks... 'kin 'ell. :lol:

caid

Reva was unnecessary in this limited 6 part series and it just felt forced and it showed by the poor writing.

They had so much from Clone Wars & Rebels they could have touched on, instead of adding a new character who apparently cannot die and is written so badly and without any logic.

Just a typical KK Disney thing we have to live with forever.

It's funny, that Lucas has said about a year or so ago, he regrets selling Star Wars to Disney.

Even George with his poor dialogue skills and own mistakes, sees how bad KK & Disney screwed it up.
The show definitely needed Reva. It picked Obi Wan, Darth Vader, Leia and everyone else where Episode 3 left them and put them back in the exact same spot they started. You have to keep Anakin a million miles away from Leia and Luke while dragging Obi Wan off of Tatoinne (the only reason he's ever going to leave is for them). The entire driver behind every single plot beat of the series was Reva.

choccy77

Ironically Reva was the only new character in this and they still missed the boat.
At this point, any star wars fan pre Disney, could write a story that made 90% of people happy.

Unfortunately, Disney and the writers they hire, have never seen star wars it seems and KK clearly never learnt anything from Lucas.

choccy77

The show definitely needed Reva. It picked Obi Wan, Darth Vader, Leia and everyone else where Episode 3 left them and put them back in the exact same spot they started. You have to keep Anakin a million miles away from Leia and Luke while dragging Obi Wan off of Tatoinne (the only reason he's ever going to leave is for them). The entire driver behind every single plot beat of the series was Reva.
I get what you are saying, but we already have established characters that could have done that and it would have done the same thing.

caid

I get what you are saying, but we already have established characters that could have done that and it would have done the same thing.
Would they? You need a character evil enough to kidnap and potentially kill a child, who knows anakin is darth vader but is conflicted enough not to tell him if / when she discovers luke or leia are his child. Which established character fits that spot in the series?
And why would you recycle yet another established character? The amount of stuff thats been recycled is just about tolerable but its on the border.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
At this point, any star wars fan pre Disney, could write a story that made 90% of people happy.

Unfortunately, Disney and the writers they hire, have never seen star wars it seems and KK clearly never learnt anything from Lucas.
Nathan Filoni have his moments from time to time, but overall it's just too much dwelling in every little scene from original trilogy and making it a huge event. It's really tiring they can't create their own story as they have resources to hire best script writers.

Vader's line to Obi-Wan: "You didn't destroy Anakin, I did.' It's almost a straight ripoff from animated series SW: Rebels.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Thank you for inserting into my mind the image of obi wan having a hands-free hand shandy using the Force.
His hands at that time were too busy throwing CGI rocks at Vader, because that's exactly how you kill false prophet of the force. You stone him.

Fuk it, I still love Ewan McGregor was in it, it's just shame it didn't go far beyond level of the prequels when it had a clear chance.

choccy77

Nathan Filoni have his moments from time to time, but overall it's just too much dwelling in every little scene from original trilogy and making it a huge event. It's really tiring they can't create their own story as they have resources to hire best script writers.

Vader's line to Obi-Wan: "You didn't destroy Anakin, I did.' It's almost a straight ripoff from animated series SW: Rebels.

Yes because Dave Filoni was responsible for both of those scenes.

He was credited in the last episode

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Yes because Dave Filoni was responsible for both of those scenes.

He was credited in the last episode
Perhaps Disney will let him create someday something entirely new in SW universe, but by that time I'll probably be just tired with SW altogether.

choccy77

Perhaps Disney will let him create someday something entirely new in SW universe, but by that time I'll probably be just tired with SW altogether.
You mean like Bad Batch, or Mando, Ashoka and other projects he is working on already?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
You mean like Bad Batch, or Mando, Ashoka and other projects he is working on already?
I meant more like a whole new story, settled in the future and not referencing too much past events done to death. Mando could be still interesting and the some of the stuff surrounding Grogu, Ahsoka as a character is underrated but even she was created by George Lucas quite some time ago.

Something original in the future far, far away would be good.

choccy77

I meant more like a whole new story, settled in the future and not referencing too much past events done to death. Mando could be still interesting and the some of the stuff surrounding Grogu, Ahsoka as a character is underrated but even she was created by George Lucas quite some time ago.

Something original in the future far, far away would be good.
Would be interesting, Lucas Film are working on many things right now.

They have a lot of people from Lucas days, so they will always be influenced by him, but maybe in the near future Taika can do something compelling and engaging.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Would be interesting, Lucas Film are working on many things right now.

They have a lot of people from Lucas days, so they will always be influenced by him, but maybe in the near future Taika can do something compelling and engaging.
Taika taking Ten Hag's job could be easier at this point. Fingers crossed.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
When Obi sliced his helmet he came across a tad vulnerable and perhaps even emo.
He's definitely silent Ewan McGregor fan, but that senile Alec Guiness prick getting a proper twatting.

In fact Empire should be all about throwing old people into reactor shaft.

Oldyella

Really enjoyed this, great final episode and the Obi Wan/Vader scenes were fantastic, especially the ending of their fight.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
When Obi sliced his helmet he came across a tad vulnerable and perhaps even emo.
My main take aways from the episode were firstly the cinematography of the battles was superb and more importantly secondly having Kenobi kick his ass again reinforces his action in letting himself get struck down in the original film. That really resonated with me as he had Vader's number and it made me think about his selfless action even more than I ever have.

Spoony

The People's President
My main take aways from the episode were firstly the cinematography of the battles was superb and more importantly secondly having Kenobi kick his ass again reinforces his action in letting himself get struck down in the original film. That really resonated with me as he had Vader's number and it made me think about his selfless action even more than I ever have.

He as in Darth came across vulnerable. He's Vader lord of all things bad... How did it come down to this? Did he cry himself to sleep when he went back after getting his arsed kicked? I bet he did. I want bad guys to be bad...not fannies like Vader.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Really enjoyed this, great final episode and the Obi Wan/Vader scenes were fantastic, especially the ending of their fight.
Agreed. It was an enjoyable series that kept us coming back for more each week, which is all one can really ask for.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He as in Darth came across vulnerable. He's Vader lord of all things bad... How did it come down to this? Did he cry himself to sleep when he went back after getting his arsed kicked? I bet he did. I want bad guys to be bad...not fannies like Vader.
My favourite scene was when Reva chased young Luke and he bashed his head against the rocks.

Reva > Vader.

Justice for sexy Reva played by sexy Reva lookalike.

The Cat

My favourite scene was when Reva chased young Luke and he bashed his head against the rocks.

Reva > Vader.

I'll have to watch it again - am still not sure what the point of her was in the final episode.

choccy77

Reva > Vader.

Another case of a kid running and the adult being unable to catch up with them :houllier:

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I'll have to watch it again - am still not sure what the point of her was in the final episode.
To get a spin off show. Thats her only reason for existence. She added nothing to the story or the characters of Kenobi or Vader. Take her out of the show, and you get the same show as someone else will fill in her parts with ease. The sin of it is, that theres a really good story there for that character in her own show. But we will never see it as that opportunity was pissed away by shoe horning her in to Kenobi.

Bebe

Enjoyable enough series once you turn your brain off, which is more that can be said of most Star Wars fare these days.

Others seem to disagree but I think the prequel lightsaber fights (well, not the AOTC Dooku rave) are a thousand times better than what's come since. I can't believe Disney have succeeded in making me pine for the days of Lucas directing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Apart from Palps lightning, It was closest to Luke dying and Empire winning.

C'mon show some love to Reva. At this point she'll murder Grogu in space traffic accident.
Another case of a kid running and the adult being unable to catch up with them :houllier:
We also know uncle Owen and aunt Beru almost single handedly cockblocked entire Inquisition, Vader's right hand in searching the Jedi.

Owen-Beru show will be epic. I'll cry joy during the crop season scene.

The Cat

To get a spin off show. Thats her only reason for existence. She added nothing to the story or the characters of Kenobi or Vader. Take her out of the show, and you get the same show as someone else will fill in her parts with ease. The sin of it is, that theres a really good story there for that character in her own show. But we will never see it as that opportunity was pissed away by shoe horning her in to Kenobi.
Cheers I'm glad I didn't imagine it. I thought she was a very decent character and actress but didn't get why she was on Tatooine.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Also side note, after the finale I went on YouTube and watched the Vader/Obi fight from ANH
It's hilarious
Random factoid: in that fight the actor playing Vader was, well, actually playing Vader. In the next one, they starting putting the choreographer in Vader’s suit for the lightsaber fights. He was an English swordmaster who was the most respected sword fight choreographer in Hollywood for decades and worked on everything from The Princess Bride to Lord of the Rings.

As for this one, it was okay but as someone else said there was not even the slightest hint of jeopardy. And the part around when they were back to back like it was a dance routine had me chuckling.

caid

I liked most of the lightsaber fights in the series to be honest. A new hope was weak, dont think any would argue otherwise but thought Empire and Return of the Jedi in particular were great sword fights. They dialed the fantasy up for the prequels with the backflips and double bladed lightsabers and they were pretty unique at the time. Maybe they were a bit shallow and over the top but i loved them.
Thought the last fight in obi wan did a good job of bridging the gap between the originals and the prequels. It was a bit slower and more deliberate. It felt like it could be squeezed into either trilogy and not look completely out of place wheras the divide between them previously looked pretty wide.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Overall, I liked the show. Especially, the final duel. That was some top tier SW.