Television Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi

choccy77

Obi Wan is also witness to Vader’s brutality in the third episode where he basically kills innocents to draw Kenobi out. Yet he still lets him live.
Obi Wan told Yoda, he could not kill him.

And he was right.

choccy77

They had a plan in place to bring Maul back for Kenobi. Then Park uploaded a blow job video "by accident" and the plan seemed to fall apart for reasons unrelated...

Everything Ive read on the subject has people saying Sam Witwer will be taking over the role going forward. He voiced the character in the clone wars, which is probably why his name is on everyones lips. Have no idea though, but there was a plans to have maul showing up in multiple shows including his own tv show. Seems to have all died down though after that unrelated video snafu.
He voiced him in Solo as well

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Mixed feelings about Reva's arc. She definitely stepped it up in the last two episodes, but her motives to hunt Luke weren't really logical. They had to do it to fill out the finale, but could have given her more of a reason to.

Sylar

No, thats dumb Tv logic. Vader was no secret to anyone. He was up and about at the end of Revenge commanding the Emperors forces. If Kenobi needs that spelled out to him...oh dear.

No, utter stupidity and contrivance set the events into motion.

Yes, because they were written that way. In the Clone wars they were anything but lacking in focus and drive.

Thats just a nonsense argument. Reva wasnt needed because the show relied on contrivance anyway. But what she did do was steal focus from the main protagonist and the main story. No one gives a feck about Reva. She's just some angry over acting rage monster who seems to know everyones secrets. "Oh my god, you guys. You like totally suck at being inquisitors. Let me show you how its done!". All these evil characters, but no. We need Reva for some reason...

Remove Revas "arc" and leave her as just some over achieving inquisitor and the story doesn't change at all. Pass her actions off to others, and once again the story doesn't change. But what you don't get is the build up to a spin off. Which is what she's there for. Thats what all her actions were leading to. And the "I didnt kill this blonde kid, so Im a good guy now." is so dumb she might as well have killed and said "oops, Im a good guy now". Her attacking Luke at all was utterly and completely pointless. Not to mention time bendingly fecked up. Just how long were those people reenacting the last Jedi that Reva could survive another lightsaber to the chest, get a message that said nothing but some how figure out everything, get a ship, get to tattooine, get to the market, show everyone how good guy she is now by bullying the bully..., get the information she needs about Owen, hobble her stabbed ass out into the desert and then attack Owen all the while Kenobi is sitting around moping, then taking a ship with a perfectly good hyperdrive and not use said hyperdrive, land on a planet, get her ass kicked, and then buried. Have a vision of some kids, get his mojo back, kick Vaders ass, cry about how sorry he was, then walk away leaving him to kill millions more people, take off from said planet while avoiding the star destroyer still in orbit, hyperspace his ass to Tattooine just in time to ask the dumbest fecking question any one could ever ask people shouting a boys name into the darkness of the desert. "Is the boy gone?". "No, Ben. We just like to stand around in the dark and yell out Lukes name for shits and giggles...".

Reva is there to set up her own show. Thats her main function, her main goal. Everything else is just details to completing that goal.
So did you enjoy it? ...

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
So did you enjoy it? ...
I enjoyed it enough, but it was more in parts here and there. And only if I turn my brain off. If I don't turn my brain off, I see nothing but problems. Not the least of which is Kenobi and Leia meeting at all never mind going on an adventure together. It certainly makes Leia comforting Luke after Kenobi's death look really awkward.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Thought this had a nice ending, and was a decent show overall but the fight then conversation with Ben and Vader is clearly head and shoulders above the rest of it. You could just watch that and you wouldn’t be missing a lot.

I’d quite like to see a Vader/Palpatine show while McDiarmid is still young enough to play him. I think Obi-Wan is best left alone now. Either that or just feck the sequels off entirely and adapt the Thrawn trilogy seeing as they struggle to write something cohesive.

Oldyella

No, thats dumb Tv logic. Vader was no secret to anyone. He was up and about at the end of Revenge commanding the Emperors forces. If Kenobi needs that spelled out to him...oh dear.

No, utter stupidity and contrivance set the events into motion.

Yes, because they were written that way. In the Clone wars they were anything but lacking in focus and drive.

Thats just a nonsense argument. Reva wasnt needed because the show relied on contrivance anyway. But what she did do was steal focus from the main protagonist and the main story. No one gives a feck about Reva. She's just some angry over acting rage monster who seems to know everyones secrets. "Oh my god, you guys. You like totally suck at being inquisitors. Let me show you how its done!". All these evil characters, but no. We need Reva for some reason...

Remove Revas "arc" and leave her as just some over achieving inquisitor and the story doesn't change at all. Pass her actions off to others, and once again the story doesn't change. But what you don't get is the build up to a spin off. Which is what she's there for. Thats what all her actions were leading to. And the "I didnt kill this blonde kid, so Im a good guy now." is so dumb she might as well have killed and said "oops, Im a good guy now". Her attacking Luke at all was utterly and completely pointless. Not to mention time bendingly fecked up. Just how long were those people reenacting the last Jedi that Reva could survive another lightsaber to the chest, get a message that said nothing but some how figure out everything, get a ship, get to tattooine, get to the market, show everyone how good guy she is now by bullying the bully..., get the information she needs about Owen, hobble her stabbed ass out into the desert and then attack Owen all the while Kenobi is sitting around moping, then taking a ship with a perfectly good hyperdrive and not use said hyperdrive, land on a planet, get her ass kicked, and then buried. Have a vision of some kids, get his mojo back, kick Vaders ass, cry about how sorry he was, then walk away leaving him to kill millions more people, take off from said planet while avoiding the star destroyer still in orbit, hyperspace his ass to Tattooine just in time to ask the dumbest fecking question any one could ever ask people shouting a boys name into the darkness of the desert. "Is the boy gone?". "No, Ben. We just like to stand around in the dark and yell out Lukes name for shits and giggles...".

Reva is there to set up her own show. Thats her main function, her main goal. Everything else is just details to completing that goal.
It literally was called out in episode 5? When Ben asks her how she knew as it was such a secret, revealing she was a youngling and had planned the long game for revenge.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
They had a plan in place to bring Maul back for Kenobi. Then Park uploaded a blow job video "by accident" and the plan seemed to fall apart for reasons unrelated...

Everything Ive read on the subject has people saying Sam Witwer will be taking over the role going forward. He voiced the character in the clone wars, which is probably why his name is on everyones lips. Have no idea though, but there was a plans to have maul showing up in multiple shows including his own tv show. Seems to have all died down though after that unrelated video snafu.
Didn't know that. Oh well, not the hardest role to recast I'd have thought.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Trick with this show was to go in with appropriate expectations.

As long as you realised they can only do so much plot-wise because it has to fit into ANH, and that certain characters will have iron-clad plot armour, and that it only really exists to deliver fan service, then it's fine. Even more so if you keep in mind how badly written the prequel films it's following on from were, so this series' writing seems fairly robust in comparison.

I mean sure the final fight ended with Obi-Wan leaving Vader alive for no good reason, but it at least didn't contain "from my POV the jedi are evil"/"I have the high ground" type nonsense dialogue. Swings and roundabouts.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I just don't really get how you can have tension anywhere in this show. Big fancy duel between Vader and Obi-Wan and the outcome HAS to be they both survive. Ditto hunting Luke. Ditto hunting Leia.

There's no risk. It's why prequels suck.

Norman Brownbutter

There was plenty of actual racism too though.
So? If someone calls Rashford something racist on twitter, are ALL Man Utd fans racist? Putting the weight of the actions of individuals on to the whole is, whats the word Im looking for? Bigotry! You don't judge a black guy by the colour of skin, and you shouldn't be judging anyone else by the design on their t shirt.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
The real racism all along was calling racist star wars fans racist

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I just don't really get how you can have tension anywhere in this show. Big fancy duel between Vader and Obi-Wan and the outcome HAS to be they both survive. Ditto hunting Luke. Ditto hunting Leia.

They should've killed obi wan and then a season 2 about how he had a twin brother.

RedDevilRoshi

Were you really expecting one of them to be killed?

Plus there doesn’t need to be a risk as long as the story is good.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Mixed feelings about Reva's arc. She definitely stepped it up in the last two episodes, but her motives to hunt Luke weren't really logical. They had to do it to fill out the finale, but could have given her more of a reason to.
Isn't it just to pay Vader back in kind by murdering his son?

DeGea’sFeet

Liked it. Only problem they introduced Darth Vador so fully and so soon. So while great in the short term for season 1, where does it go from here for season 2?

A second antagonist in season 2 will feel like a step down and also make people wonder what happened to Vador, but then Vador again and it just becomes repetitive.

I feel like the better thing for the longevity of the show, I know it’s not supposed to go too long. Would have made Vador a background threat in season 1, give him a bit of screen time near the end of season 2, and then make the 3rd and final season Obi Wan Vs Vador.

Edit: Vader.

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Liked it. Only problem they introduced Darth Vador so fully and so soon. So while great in the short term for season 1, where does it go from here for season 2?

A second antagonist in season 2 will feel like a step down and also make people wonder what happened to Vador, but then Vador again and it just becomes repetitive.

I feel like the better thing for the longevity of the show, I know it’s not supposed to go too long. Would have made Vador a background threat in season 1, give him a bit of screen time near the end of season 2, and then make the 3rd and final season Obi Wan Vs Vador
Who is gonna be the guy?

Amir

It wasn't planned as a multi-season series - and may remain a limited one - so obviously they weren't going to leave things for the future.

Sylar

They should leave it as one season. I agree that with vader having been used and the battle having been done, there is much where they can go with this

A Reva story / season is fine as a spin-off from this

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
They've still got the Darth Maul revisit to come yet - no way will they ignore that if they plan further series.

DeGea’sFeet

They should leave it as one season. I agree that with vader having been used and the battle having been done, there is much where they can go with this

A Reva story / season is fine as a spin-off from this
Yeah. That’s probably the best way. Someone below you mentioned Darth Maul, but after Vader I don’t think he’ll have the same impact.

Norman Brownbutter

Nobody:

Still Nobody:

Norman: Reva reva reva reva rev...OMG STOP CALLING ME RACIST!
If only it was "nobody".

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...cism-sent-to-obi-wan-kenobi-star-moses-ingram
https://www.npr.org/2022/06/02/1102...ingram-racist-messages-disney?t=1656772022677
https://www.nme.com/news/tv/obi-wan...ned-by-racist-attacks-on-moses-ingram-3246377
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/star-wars-fandom-racism
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/ewan-mcgregor-obi-wan-racism
https://www.indy100.com/tv/obi-wan-kenobi-review-bombed-racists
https://www.oregonlive.com/entertai...abuse-online-refuses-to-grin-and-bear-it.html

the fact is, people have been making dog shit for a while now. And when people see the product and call it out for being dog shit, they resort to racism, sexism and bigotry as a reason why these "overweight Middle aged white men who dwell in basements" have a problem with it. Star Wars, Star Trek, lord of the rings, the wheel of time, marvel, ghostbusters. And its always the same thing, the onslaught of online "news" sites pushing the idea that people are all fecking horrible racist, sexist homophobes who wear white robes and burn crosses. The funny thing of course, is that every fecking time they get found out for causing the issue in the first place. Sony was caught red handed deleting run of the mill YouTube comments but leaving up the nasty sexist and racist ones to make it look more like there was some big attack happening. Amazon deleted thousands of comments on its YouTube channel. I wonder why? Thankfully though, they had the go to move of putting influencers in a shitty looking castle to tell us all how wrong we were for thinking it looked shit.

Here's red letter medias take on it. See if you can spot anything at all familiar...

Its quite simple formula thats repeatedly followed.

1. Put something out there that people don't like or have a problem with some artistic choices.
2. Accuse said people of racism, sexism or homophobia.
3. Delete and/or ignore comments of valid criticism and only focus on the very small number of cnuts the post nasty shit.
4. Profit from changing the narrative from your artist choice, or online trolls.

Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the rings, Marvel, Ghostbusters, The last of us Part 2, etc etc etc etc. The same thing every single time because people didnt like artistic choices that were made. And that means that any time someone says that they don't like something, they get pushed into that nasty little group of people that say horrible shit. And then you get people like you, posting low effort troll posts hoping to get a bite. Well, I bit. Congrats, I guess. I look forward to your dismissive rows of green laughing faces because we all know that will really get my goat...

DeGea’sFeet

If only it was "nobody".

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...cism-sent-to-obi-wan-kenobi-star-moses-ingram
https://www.npr.org/2022/06/02/1102...ingram-racist-messages-disney?t=1656772022677
https://www.nme.com/news/tv/obi-wan...ned-by-racist-attacks-on-moses-ingram-3246377
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/star-wars-fandom-racism
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/ewan-mcgregor-obi-wan-racism
https://www.indy100.com/tv/obi-wan-kenobi-review-bombed-racists
https://www.oregonlive.com/entertai...abuse-online-refuses-to-grin-and-bear-it.html

the fact is, people have been making dog shit for a while now. And when people see the product and call it out for being dog shit, they resort to racism, sexism and bigotry as a reason why these "overweight Middle aged white men who dwell in basements" have a problem with it. Star Wars, Star Trek, lord of the rings, the wheel of time, marvel, ghostbusters. And its always the same thing, the onslaught of online "news" sites pushing the idea that people are all fecking horrible racist, sexist homophobes who wear white robes and burn crosses. The funny thing of course, is that every fecking time they get found out for causing the issue in the first place. Sony was caught red handed deleting run of the mill YouTube comments but leaving up the nasty sexist and racist ones to make it look more like there was some big attack happening. Amazon deleted thousands of comments on its YouTube channel. I wonder why? Thankfully though, they had the go to move of putting influencers in a shitty looking castle to tell us all how wrong we were for thinking it looked shit.

Here's red letter medias take on it. See if you can spot anything at all familiar...

Its quite simple formula thats repeatedly followed.

1. Put something out there that people don't like or have a problem with some artistic choices.
2. Accuse said people of racism, sexism or homophobia.
3. Delete and/or ignore comments of valid criticism and only focus on the very small number of cnuts the post nasty shit.
4. Profit from changing the narrative from your artist choice, or online trolls.

Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the rings, Marvel, Ghostbusters, The last of us Part 2, etc etc etc etc. The same thing every single time because people didnt like artistic choices that were made. And that means that any time someone says that they don't like something, they get pushed into that nasty little group of people that say horrible shit. And then you get people like you, posting low effort troll posts hoping to get a bite. Well, I bit. Congrats, I guess. I look forward to your dismissive rows of green laughing faces because we all know that will really get my goat...
You can usually tell when criticism is legitimately about a show, or even an actors performance or when there’s other factors at play.

Example in the upcoming House of Dragon show, people complaining about there being Black Targaryens and how that is unrealistic….. it’s a show about dragons & magic but they draw the line at a fictitious group having black people?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea