Television Star Wars Universe

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yesterday I gave Andor a try and it's one of my favorite sci fi shows ever. First 3 episodes are a character prologue while keeping you immersed in the Universe. I am literally shocked at the level of quality writing that is coming from the same studio that made Rey.

Even if you don't care about Star Wars, I would highly recommend this show to anyone that wants a well written, dark, spy, character driven story.
Amazing show, loved every moment, gets better and better. Feels like it's relevant right now too.

cafecillos

It's quite good, some of the praise in previous posts feels a bit hyperbolic to me but yes, it's definitely well worth a watch for sci-fi fans and some of the best canon Star Wars content since the original trilogy. Reading some of the posts by melodramatic hardcore classic Star Wars fans about how Disney is destroying/ruining/etc the IP is a bit cringeworthy considering Andor, Rogue One, parts of the last season of The Clone Wars and parts of The Mandalorian are without of a doubt some of the best Star Wars official content ever. Obviously the most recent trilogy of "main" movies was a disaster for many reasons, but the second Lucas's trilogy (Episodes I to III) and probably even the original trilogy would be (rightly) annihilated today, as they also have their own litany of major flaws.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I honestly don't think it was. I think it's the only thing that made sense.There was too much shit out there in it that you'd have to comb through, far easier to just kill it and then bring back the good bits than keep all the dross.
I think it'd have been different if they came in and said we're going to sort this out or something instead of saying none of this is canon anymore. It is all hindsight, though, because I, like everyone else, was optimistic about Star Wars under Disney.

Urgh. More Rebels and Clone Wars characters who somehow survived the Empire but didn't bother getting involved in the main story. It makes no sense and totally undermines Luke as 'A New Hope'. Other than Andor, I hate all of this Dave Filoni/Jon Faveru stuff, especially the relentless casting of comedians and famous people. It's all the worst excesses of Marvel and increasingly feels like it's made in a warehouse and directed by Reddit comments.
This is why I can't get into the Ahsoka character even though everyone else seemingly loves her.

Not only did I think it was daft that she was Anakin's apprentice despite Anakin being an apprentice himself, it was daft to write that she survived all this time and had nothing to do with 4, 5 & 6.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Its a bizarre situation with me and SW. The Universe seemed bigger with less content and now seems smaller with more (content).
I gather its all in the stories and direction but its quite humorous to some degree.

dinostar77

I think it'd have been different if they came in and said we're going to sort this out or something instead of saying none of this is canon anymore. It is all hindsight, though, because I, like everyone else, was optimistic about Star Wars under Disney.

This is why I can't get into the Ahsoka character even though everyone else seemingly loves her.

Not only did I think it was daft that she was Anakin's apprentice despite Anakin being an apprentice himself, it was daft to write that she survived all this time and had nothing to do with 4, 5 & 6.
A jedi is always an apprentice (padawan) to his master. Obi-Wan is still a padawan to his master Qui-Gon Jinn (as the lessons and learning necer stops).

During the Clone Wars cartoons when Ahsoka is introduced, anakin is a jedi therefore can have an apprentice (padawan).

As for her not being in 4/5/6 movies, thats what happens when your movies blow up into a global franchise and you expand and ret-con that said universe

The reason people are stoked to see live action ahsoka is because she is a badass fallen jedi.

She has fought and held her own against : Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Ventress, The Inquistors, General Grevious, Obi-Wan and Anakin (at the same time) and Barriss Offee.

She's one bad ass woman.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A jedi is always an apprentice (padawan) to his master. Obi-Wan is still a padawan to his master Qui-Gon Jinn (as the lessons and learning necer stops).

During the Clone Wars cartoons when Ahsoka is introduced, anakin is a jedi therefore can have an apprentice (padawan).

As for her not being in 4/5/6 movies, thats what happens when your movies blow up into a global franchise and you expand and ret-con that said universe

The reason people are stoked to see live action ahsoka is because she is a badass fallen jedi.

She has fought and held her own against : Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Ventress, The Inquistors, General Grevious, Obi-Wan and Anakin (at the same time) and Barriss Offee.

She's one bad ass woman.
Sorry, not having that. If it's not in the movies, it doesn't count for me.

The perfect examples are in The Phantom Menace. Yoda says there's always two, an apprentice and a master. Not only that, Qui-Gon had to finish as Obi-Wan's master to take on Anakin before his death.

I get why people like Ahsoka but she's a prime example of what went wrong with Star Wars for me.

dinostar77

Sorry, not having that. If it's not in the movies, it doesn't count for me.

The perfect examples are in The Phantom Menace. Yoda says there's always two, an apprentice and a master. Not only that, Qui-Gon had to finish as Obi-Wan's master to take on Anakin before his death.

I get why people like Ahsoka but she's a prime example of what went wrong with Star Wars for me.
Well Clone Wars, Rebels and other stuff is all canon so is as legitimate as the movies especially for younger audiences who watched Clone Wars cartoons on repeat probably as much as i watched the movies on VHS in the 1980.

Bringing back palpatine and the awful recent triology is whats wrong with star wars, not ahsoka. In the end different generations have different expectations of star wars and all that really matter is the kids to whom they sell the toys and merchandise to.

Also the quote you mentioned is the Sith "Rule of Two". They were discussing Darth Maul.

Yoda : Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.

Mace Windu : But which was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?

Bert_

Its a bizarre situation with me and SW. The Universe seemed bigger with less content and now seems smaller with more (content).
I gather its all in the stories and direction but its quite humorous to some degree.
Probably because all the recent content is basically expansion packs and side quests for the original trilogy. The attempts to expanded the scope of the SW universe you saw pre-Disney takeover seem to have been abandoned.

cafecillos

You're forever complaining that Disney has destroyed the saga though, and this "prime example" was not added by Disney. My point is that the whole franchise has been plagued by inconsistencies, improvisation and retcons from its second movie at the latest.

Yagami

Good post resistant
To be fair to Ahsoka, I forgot about this scene from the OG trilogy

She was there all along! My bad