Television Star Wars Universe

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Finally, I think the series is heading in the right direction.

Mandalorian [ We have the Bo Katan taking over Mandalore plot hanging. Will that be part of this series? ]
Ahsoka Tano Spinoff
Rosario Dawson is also signed to a trilogy of movies (first on in 2023) I hear. This might probably be the Thrawn trilogy.

Lots of exciting things happening.

AaronRedDevil

Funny timing this is. Just watched the last episode of Clone wars. Star wars is going to be great from here on out. Filoni and Favreau are going to do great work with the franchise.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They also have the Kenobi series which Deborah Chow is scheduled to direct (she did a couple of episodes in season 1 Mando) & The Bad Batch animated series which should be fun.

I have more trust with their Disney+ shows than the movies at the moment. I think they need to appoint that Feige type person who understand the Star Wars universe & who’s ultimately responsible for the creative direction of Star Wars; and Filoni would be perfect for that role.

One thing that I’ve really been impressed with is the cinematography on The Mandalorian. I’m excited to see how they continue to improve & scale that up in other shows (Star Wars & MCU).

Cloud7

When are we gonna get some Old Republic content?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
They also have the Kenobi series which Deborah Chow is scheduled to direct (she did a couple of episodes in season 1 Mando) & The Bad Batch animated series which should be fun.

I have more trust with their Disney+ shows than the movies at the moment. I think they need to appoint that Feige type person who understand the Star Wars universe & who’s ultimately responsible for the creative direction of Star Wars; and Filoni would be perfect for that role.

One thing that I’ve really been impressed with is the cinematography on The Mandalorian. I’m excited to see how they continue to improve & scale that up in other shows (Star Wars & MCU).
I think they're definitely grooming Filoni for the role. I think he'll end up essentially replacing Kathleen Kennedy, who's probably the least popular Star Wars-affiliated person since Jar Jar.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Yup.

The last trilogy were dogshit and handled in the most braindead way possible by letting different directors feck with them and having no plan. I just can't take anyone seriously who tries to defend any of them as if there was some kind of story idea that made any sense, bar maybe the first one for being gentle on the new fans.

Big Andy

Bloke
Yup.

The last trilogy were dogshit and handled in the most braindead way possible by letting different directors feck with them and having no plan. I just can't take anyone seriously who tries to defend any of them as if there was some kind of story idea that made any sense, bar maybe the first one for being gentle on the new fans.
Thats the one thing I never understood. At least tell them a rough outline of where you want to go with it. Letting each director write their own story, and then another one finishing it off is fecking stupid beyond belief.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
In faloni and favroue star wars will only get better, now let's ditch those horrible sequels or at least ep 8 and 9. Love the idea of sebastian stan playing a young luke.

ha_rooney

Favreau & Filoni involved with both series.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
When are we gonna get some Old Republic content?
Seems mad that we haven't seen a live action version of Revan yet.

Question for the geeks who are smarter than me; where would Revan rank in a tournament against everyone else? Second to Palpatine?

ha_rooney

That’s a lot of Star Wars shows!!!

ha_rooney

Revan

Assumptionman
Wow, a million of them coming. Excited about Kenobi and Ashoka, do not necessarily care about the others.

Gutted that there was no Knights of the old Republic series announced. That is the big one I am waiting for.

ha_rooney

Wow, a million of them coming. Excited about Kenobi and Ashoka, do not necessarily care about the others.

Gutted that there was no Knights of the old Republic series announced. That is the big one I am waiting for.
There were rumours last year that they’re planning a film trilogy for this. They didn’t say what Taika’s film is, but I don’t think he’d suit the tone for an Old Republic film (should be darker, grittier IMO).

Tiber

Hopefully Ashoka will be great. They announced Kenobi ages ago, hope to actually be able to watch it at some point.

I loved the Rogue Squadron books, but I imagine this show some be based on that

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
So much member berries stuff, but I think they're just playing it safe and giving fans what they want here on out.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
This is strange, I thought Star Wars was dead?

Never been a better time to be a fan.

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Question for the geeks who are smarter than me; where would Revan rank in a tournament against everyone else? Second to Palpatine?
In terms of impact, Palatine/Sidious probably ranks ranks first.....though I'm tempted to put Bane in there as equal too.

But if you're asking for personal power, I think Bane and Plageuis rank ahead. Bane was sole survivor of Jedi war and established Rule of Two and Plageuis had unparalleled mastery of dark force to even conquer death.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
In terms of impact, Palatine/Sidious probably ranks ranks first.....though I'm tempted to put Bane in there as equal too.

But if you're asking for personal power, I think Bane and Plageuis rank ahead. Bane was sole survivor of Jedi war and established Rule of Two and Plageuis had unparalleled mastery of dark force to even conquer death.
Ok, going to move the goalposts slightly. Wasn't Bane an old Sith Lord? He's not allowed :p

Ok, with him out of the way can I now give Revan the bronze medal or does that go to Vader?

Revan

Assumptionman
Seems mad that we haven't seen a live action version of Revan yet.

Palpatine and Old Emperor/Valkorian significantly higher, after that it becomes a mess of knowing. I would put Darth Bane roughly the same level as Revan, Plagueis would probably be higher (Palpatine was shit-scared to fight him in a duel and killed him on his sleep).

From the light-sliders, Yoda should also be higher, Dooku, Anakin and Windu probably around the same level.

Going full nerd, my rating would be something like:

1. Palpatine
2. Valkorian
3. Yoda
4. Plagueis

5-11 (in no order): Tenenbrous, Windu, Dooku, Revan, Anakin, Nihilius, Bane.

This is not counting old EU post RotJ because it gets directly contradicted from the new movies.

Hard to know where to put Rey and Luke, maybe as high as 5, maybe somewhere in top 20 (where I would put Kenobi and Ahsoka).

Last edited:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I wonder if Hayden will just do flashbacks or if we'll see him in Vader's meditation chamber/bacta tank? The press release did say he's playing Vader, so must be some scenes in the suit.

ha_rooney

I wonder if Hayden will just do flashbacks or if we'll see him in Vader's meditation chamber/bacta tank? The press release did say he's playing Vader, so must be some scenes in the suit.
I’m certain the only reason they’re bringing him back is for flashback scenes. Doesn’t make sense to use him if it’s purely for Vader, unless we see him without the helmet a lot. Given how they don’t meet again until the fight in the Death Star of ANH, I’m interested to see how Vader fits into this show.

I’d love a series which focuses on Vader & what he does between Ep 3 & 4. We’ve only briefly seen his immense power in Rogue One, I want to see more of that violence & rage.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Palpatine gets his arse handed to him by both Vader and then Rey.

He can't be up there.
Be fair, he just gets really into doing his force lightning.

Revan

Assumptionman
Palpatine gets his arse handed to him by both Vader and then Rey.

He can't be up there.
He is though. When Rey killed him, he was a kind of undead and every Jedi helped Rey. And in Vander's case, he was surprised and still managed to kill Vader in the process.

There are dozens of cases (including the movie novelization) that he gets explicitly called the strongest Sith in history. Lukas also designed him to be the personification of ultimate evil and power.

Palps is strong. From drawing - while having the upper hand - with Yoda (explicitly called as the strongest Jedi ever), to killing 3 Masters of Council within 5 seconds, to toying with Maul and his brother, he's strong. To be fair, I love his character, despite being kind of one-dimensional, I always preferred him to Vader.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Is Kennedy still a disliked figure amongst the SW community ?
Makes me wonder ,if these shows are indeed a success, whether she'll get any credit.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Darth Jar Jar should be way ahead of palpatine.

Woodzy

Could be talking out of my arse but wouldn’t the assumption be that Darth Vader & Obi Wan never interacted between RotS and ANH?

I wonder what they are gonna do with it if so.

Redlambs

He is though. When Rey killed him, he was a kind of undead and every Jedi helped Rey. And in Vander's case, he was surprised and still managed to kill Vader in the process.

There are dozens of cases (including the movie novelization) that he gets explicitly called the strongest Sith in history. Lukas also designed him to be the personification of ultimate evil and power.

Palps is strong. From drawing - while having the upper hand - with Yoda (explicitly called as the strongest Jedi ever), to killing 3 Masters of Council within 5 seconds, to toying with Maul and his brother, he's strong. To be fair, I love his character, despite being kind of one-dimensional, I always preferred him to Vader.
Yeah, I was joking there ;)

I agree though, I think he's a great character too, though they kind of ruined it the way they shoehorned him in the last film.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Could be talking out of my arse but wouldn’t the assumption be that Darth Vader & Obi Wan never interacted between RotS and ANH?

I wonder what they are gonna do with it if so.
You are right. In a New Hope on the Death Star, Vader says to Obi Wan.

“I've been waiting for you, Obi Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the Master”.

However reading that, Disney could easily spin it to have them of met again before ANH. Because Vader says “when I left you”. But in ROTS Vader didn’t leave, Obi Wan left him for dead. So maybe they meet again and Obi Wan tries to reason with him, then maybe they duel again and Obi gets the upper hand, with Vader deciding to flee.

Redlambs

You are right. In a New Hope on the Death Star, Vader says to Obi Wan.

“I've been waiting for you, Obi Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the Master”.

However reading that, Disney could easily spin it to have them of met again before ANH. Because Vader says “when I left you”. But in ROTS Vader didn’t leave, Obi Wan left him for dead. So maybe they meet again and Obi Wan tries to reason with him, then maybe they duel again and Obi gets the upper hand, with Vader deciding to flee.
Wouldn't a second duel and loss diminish Vader even more?

Losing as an apprentice (Anakin) this winning as Vader would make much more sense. It could also segway further into why Obi decides to hide away once and for all.

Of course assuming they are going to ignore that line in ANH, which they likely will.