Film Star Wars

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm only excited by this because I actually really love the new star trek films and it'll be interesting to see how Abrams tackles the Star Wars universe without making it a Star Trek clone. I still think the first section in Star Trek is a masterpiece.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I think I've found the trailer online.
There's a lot of trailers out in the last 8/9 hours showing the exact same thing, and it looks pretty real. Can't say if it really is the trailer, but it looks very well made.

EDIT.
This is not an official one according to a colleague. Millenium Falcon is supposed to fly through at end, Han Solo is supposed to have a one liner and the guy in the prison like room is from another film apparently.

kps88

It's fake. I can't believe people thought it was the real thing.

Simbo

I'm only excited by this because I actually really love the new star trek films and it'll be interesting to see how Abrams tackles the Star Wars universe without making it a Star Trek clone. I still think the first section in Star Trek is a masterpiece.
I'm right on board with you here, loved his first Star Trek, especially the opening sequence. I can overlook the nonsensical parts of the story if films are that well made.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
For some reason I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of him being the director of both Star Wars and Star Trek. Such things should not intertwine.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
I don't get the excitement for this.

The Star Wars Triple in 1983 at Chorley cinema was the pinnacle of excitement, possibly never beaten apart from my first asphyxi*nk

They put on a showing of the whole trilogy, so you got to wet your whistle with the first two in full size cinema and dolly sound, before feasting on perhaps the mostly anticipated dil of it's genre of all time. Even took our sandwiches, happy days.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I don't get the excitement for this.

The Star Wars Triple in 1983 at Chorley cinema was the pinnacle of excitement, possibly never beaten apart from my first asphyxi*nk

They put on a showing of the whole trilogy, so you got to wet your whistle with the first two in full size cinema and dolly sound, before feasting on perhaps the mostly anticipated dil of it's genre of all time. Even took our sandwiches, happy days.
One of my very earliest memories of cinema is my Dad taking me to a double bill of Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back.

I really didn't like the bit in the trash compactor (the water snake freaked me out) and looking back on it that's a hell of a long time for a 4/5 yr old to be expected to sit still.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Has everything except the original movie trilogies been declared non-canon now?
On April 25, 2014, Lucasfilm and Disney revised the franchise's canon. They announced that the existing six films and The Clone Wars television series are the "immovable objects" of Star Wars storytelling. Previously published material has been relabeled under a "Legends" label, and future content will present a different vision of people, places and events after Return of the Jedi. They also announced that all future Star Wars stories will be connected, with guidance coming from the Star Wars story group.[15]

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
On April 25, 2014, Lucasfilm and Disney revised the franchise's canon. They announced that the existing six films and The Clone Wars television series are the "immovable objects" of Star Wars storytelling. Previously published material has been relabeled under a "Legends" label, and future content will present a different vision of people, places and events after Return of the Jedi. They also announced that all future Star Wars stories will be connected, with guidance coming from the Star Wars story group.[15]
Nice one. Cheers.

Revan

Assumptionman
Has everything except the original movie trilogies been declared non-canon now?
All 6 main movies, the animated awful movie, The Clone Wars TV show, Rebels TV show and all novels (so far, I think is only one) written after April 2014 are canon. Everything else is non canon, or if I am not mistaken legendary cannot. On new stories, people can take stuff from those things, which will make them canon.

The Old Republic is non-canon, though LF didn't want to talk much for that (because they would be put on a bad positions considering that it is active and have their logo there. However, canonizing it will cause some troubles because it will canonize many other things by doing so.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Is there a general star wars thread btw?
Was hoping to find out if there's a game/mmo that I could play that allow you to visit most/if not all the planets in the star wars galaxies.. Ie coruscant, hoth, dantooine, korriban etc..
Does the Old Republic MMO allow you to do that?
You can visit Dantooine, Tatooine, Korriban, Nar Shaddaa, Onderon and a few others in the KotOR games. Those games are awesome too.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
You can visit Dantooine, Tatooine, Korriban, Nar Shaddaa, Onderon and a few others in the KotOR games. Those games are awesome too.
I've played them, but was hoping for a bit more free roaming, as you can't visit that much in some of them...God damn it I just want to go visit that whole universe.

Cypriot

I've played them, but was hoping for a bit more free roaming, as you can't visit that much in some of them...God damn it I just want to go visit that whole universe.
What's annoying is that I was following the development like 2-3 years before it was released and they were bigging it up as if it would have a great free roaming experience and planets would be 'huge' etc. Played to level 50 and quit, it was such a let down. :(

Revan

Assumptionman
What's annoying is that I was following the development like 2-3 years before it was released and they were bigging it up as if it would have a great free roaming experience and planets would be 'huge' etc. Played to level 50 and quit, it was such a let down. :(
Planets are very huge. I spent more than 70 hours only in prologue and Chapter 1 (only in 6 planets). To finish the story of all classes (assuming you don't have XP boost and/or don't buy stuff with real money) you will need to spent around a thousand hours. And that is without counting the Rise of the Hunts, and Rise of the Revanites expansions.

Woodzy

I remember when I played that Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG for the first time. I literally spent hours walking across Tatooine just so I could get to Jabba's palace, and met some very interesting characters on the way. When I got there I couldn't do anything because I was only about level 5, sigh.