State Of Decay

Goooose

Open world zombie game out on the xbox live arcade today. I'm at work so I can't post videos, but this looks worth a couple thousand points. All supplies in the game are finite. Once all the petrol runs out, there's no more driving cars etc. Nothing respawns and everything will run out eventually. There's a decent gameplay video on IGN.

8.4 on metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/state-of-decay

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Aye it is really good.

That said I'm kind of confused by how I'm supposed to be playing. On the one hand I want to go exploring the town I'm in and buff up the Church (it's been made quite clear to me that the sleeping quarters are inadequte for one) and on the other hand I keep getting missions pop up which seem time sensitive.

Also, lost my initial main character trying to keep a load of Z's out of a house last night.

Shit gets tense.

Any tips Goose?

vanthaman

Winner
Sounds good, will probably give this a go later in the week depending if any must have games get announced and released during e3

Goooose

I think a good strategy is to recruit people like soldiers/hunters etc then kick out all of the weak and whiney people. So far I've just been stockpiling good weapons and supplies, then just explore the map. Still figuring out the how to play it to be honest, there's a closed off bridge that I don't know how to get across that leads to another town or whatever in the North vWest part of the map.

walsh

Probably going to sit tight for the PC version, I'm hearing it's rather janky and suffers a bit from performance issues on Xbox?

Goooose

It's been jumpy a couple of times, but only at the start when it's just finished loading. Nothing that would stop me playing the game.

vanthaman

Winner
This is quality, although I just died for the first time, I was in the woods scavenging something and they sneaked up behind me, this was just after being chased by a horde for 10 minutes in middle of nowhere which is annoying how something so small ended up killing him. Looks like there is so much to do

Goooose

Haven't died yet, but it's well annoying when you're being chased by a horde and you've no vehicle. Set up a training area at your camp to improve stamina and that.

Nickosaur

Just downloaded this. Seems a lot of fun, just launched the truck across the bridge getting out of Mt Tanner and made it to the church. Impressive size for an XBLA game.

Goooose

I've put a few hours into it so far and I'm still not bored of bashing zombies' brains in. A couple of my group of survivors have been missing for a while though.

Nickosaur

I haven't lost any of my characters who I've actually invested some time in yet, but I've had a few close shaves. When it does happen (and it will), I'm going to cry :(