State of the refs in this country

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Marriner is consistently the worst ref in the league

Charles Miller

Its not only in this game. Did you see the "penalty" that gave their 1 x 0 victory against West Ham?

Untd55

Honestly, I do not see why they have not got something that automatically detects offsides by now. I cannot believe that it is impossible to do with the technology that exists.

I don't think that VAR should even be needed for that.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Honestly, I do not see why they have not got something that automatically detects offsides by now. I cannot believe that it is impossible to do with the technology that exists.

I don't think that VAR should even be needed for that.
My point exactly. No excuse for it. The FA are arrogant and pathetic. I think they saw City winning easily and decided that VAR would not be needed

montpelier

Apparently it's too expensive for non-PL clubs.
Is it? Not totally unreasonable then, on paper.

And I don't have a very strong opinion really, but it isn't solving the having it/not having it, inconsistency much.

I'd downgrade 'corrupt' to 'asking for problems to occur' I think.

Camilo

I honestly don't give a shit about how good or bad the referees are, it's all part of the game. Our team of professionals have been paid tens of millions to play shite football for years now, don't see why people think referees should be any better.

Also, bin all the VAR rubbish and get on with it. It's a fecking game.

And for those who say the decisions even out... that's 3 points that could influence the top 4 and 3 points missed that could well relegate Cardiff.

Aloysius's Back 3

Football matches lasting 120 mins instead of 90 due to VAR is a blessing. More football at the end of the day and less time spent with the kids and wife.

VAR helps nearly every team that needs it.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
About 9/10 marginal decisions that refs get berated for I think are ridiculous given the pace of the game, how big a pitch is and so forth.

But that Chelsea offside goal is an absolute shambles from the linesman. For all the talk of how tough a job it is, that took place from a corner! He was standing in the perfect position.

I know strikers miss sitters, but that's who we're paying to watch.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So, how does this even itself out? Never understood that argument.
It doesn't, that's just a cliche fans use to bury their heads in the sand. Big teams consistently get favourable treatment from referees, and in big games the home crowd plays a big factor in decisions.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Quite possible that game gets Cardiff relegated. The way they are unaccountable is a disgrace.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I honestly don't give a shit about how good or bad the referees are, it's all part of the game. Our team of professionals have been paid tens of millions to play shite football for years now, don't see why people think referees should be any better.

Also, bin all the VAR rubbish and get on with it. It's a fecking game.
Tell that to the people who all make a living from this "game"

Red Stone

That has to be the worst call made by a linesman so far this season, even without accounting for the fact that it could play a huge part in both relegating Cardiff and giving Chelsea CL qualification over us, Arse or Spurs.

That's two teams potentially missing out on millions upon millions of pounds because of one call by a typically inept ref. Fecking hell.

Kostov

Disgraceful performance by this twats. How can you not see that offside? I understand that sometimes it's difficult for them, but this was not one of those situations. Abysmal incompetence and they should be held accountable.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Said it earlier in the thread. Referee's are awful in England. Not complaining though today. The real question is if they'll even be able to use VAR properly.

settembrini

Said it before and I'll say it again, watching games without var now is rubbish. It's the best thing to happen to football in my lifetime and the people that grow up watching football with it will forever laugh at the idea that we spent literally decades putting up with unnecessary blunders from officials because old men were scared of change.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Said it earlier in the thread. Referee's are awful in England. Not complaining though today. The real question is if they'll even be able to use VAR properly.
The proof was there when no English refs were taken to the World Cup. Other than VAR, not sure what else can be done to improve the standards. If there's a country that excels in refereeing we could look at what they do and copy.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Yet people still don't want VAR?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Clubs which get run like a business should be able to sue the ref association for loss of earnings.
After watching the Sunderland Netflix documentary you see how many people are let go from jobs too due to relegation. Imagine worrying about the dole because of shit refs?