State of the refs in this country

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure what Warnock will say but if I was him I'd fully tear into the ref knowing full well I'd get a fine/suspension. That was beyond fecked and probably will get relegated because of that.

Not exxaggerating at all - as bad of a refereeing performance as I've ever seen. Has to be a punishment for that.

The Irish Connection

Said it before and I'll say it again, watching games without var now is rubbish. It's the best thing to happen to football in my lifetime and the people that grow up watching football with it will forever laugh at the idea that we spent literally decades putting up with unnecessary blunders from officials because old men were scared of change.
Haha, spot on!

I thought we were bad yesterday, how the feck did Chelsea win that game!?
They should have had two penalties, a blatant offside goal disallowed and Chelsea down to ten men. Ridiculous.
I hope we don’t get caught out because of it.

Reddy Rederson

Well Willian was stood directly in front of him.
:lol: OK. The players in a off side at the start of play and then receives the ball and scores. feck the linesman, the fecking ref is looking right at it. But how big is willian? How long does he stand in front of him? The whole play? I know the freeze frame from sky makes it look like a good argument, but its really shit one.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Sarri is a master tactician, played Willian so his afro would block the view of the linesman.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
:lol: OK. The players in a off side at the start of play and then receives the ball and scores. feck the linesman, the fecking ref is looking right at it. But how big is willian? How long does he stand in front of him? The whole play? I know the freeze frame from sky makes it look like a good argument, but its really shit one.
It took a fraction of a second for Azpi to move back into an onside position. The linesman just crossing paths with Willian in the manner he did is enough for him to not see or make him not sure. It’s a freak moment really more than anything.

Also the referee can’t be expected to call the decision from where he’s standing. He can’t see it properly.

Aloysius's Back 3

The thing that should have always happened is a post match interview of the referee. Make them feel the pressure. That way if they are not 100% sure they will stick to not making a decision.

Reddy Rederson

It took a fraction of a second for Azpi to move back into an onside position. The linesman just crossing paths with Willian in the manner he did is enough for him to not see or make him not sure. It’s a freak moment really more than anything.

Also the referee can’t be expected to call the decision from where he’s standing. He can’t see it properly.
OK.

Rajma

The thing that should have always happened is a post match interview of the referee. Make them feel the pressure. That way if they are not 100% sure they will stick to not making a decision.
Isn’t it exactly what they did in this case? We just need VAR end off.

montpelier

I think the still frame makes that look worse than it is, as a mistake. In real time, the scorer is back onside when he heads the goal. The other player is irrelevant but also a distraction. And Willian is stood in front of the lino.

I can sympathise with that one.

VAR would be quite handy, obviously, :D.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I say it every time I watch a CL game, we have to have the worst refs in Europe. They are hideously bad.
Yes they're the worst in Europe. It doesn't look like we're even implementing the "proper" version of VAR too, so they won't even be able to referee UEFA games next season. That being said, two red cards today looked correct to me.

RedfromIreland

Dier should’ve had a second yellow on two occasions. The no penalty decision was incredible.

El Zoido

They get 2 or more game changing decisions go in their favour every single game.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Linesman should be fired hes literally 2 foot away from it. Bent cnut.

Ref should've sent off miner too. 2 bookable offences.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m sorry but Liverpool have been massively helped out by the officials this year. Filthy.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Officials are so gullible to 'fouls' that occur when the player is attempting to shield the ball. This isn't an isolated occurrence. Happens every game. Player has his back to his opponent, as soon as he feels a hand anywhere, he throws himself over, it's a foul 99% of the time. Well, it's not a foul, but it's given as one.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Officials are so gullible to 'fouls' that occur when the player is attempting to shield the ball. This isn't an isolated occurrence. Happens every game. Player has his back to his opponent, as soon as he feels a hand anywhere, he throws himself over, it's a foul 99% of the time. Well, it's not a foul, but it's given as one.
It is the typical defender dive. Fabinho being a DM and RB he knows the skill well. It just usually happens on the other side of the pitch.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It is the typical defender dive. Fabinho being a DM and RB he knows the skill well. It just usually happens on the other side of the pitch.
Full backs do tend to be the best at them. They can usually sell them well, as they're often sub-6 foot and have that low centre of gravity. Fabinho being a bit lankier meant that it looked comically theatrical. Can't believe it was given as anything but a dive. Linesman flagged without hesitation.

MAME DIOUF 32

The reason Liverpool players so consistently cheat is that they are so consistently rewarded for doing so. It's pathetic.

Patrick08

When Var is introduced teams should also get one or two appeals to take a Var call within 10 seconds of the incident and you exhaust your right to appeal after 2 calls.

Melville Red

When I saw it live(the above video) I shouted “WHAT, THATs NOT A FREE KICK”. Seeing the video above has made me even more angry. And as pointed out Milner the dirty bastard, found a player on the half way line, then hacks another one down and just gets a yellow.
The refs, linesman and media are so far up Liverpool’s collective arses it’s untrue.
These bastards better not win it, oh and Neil Warnock is right we do have the worse officials, the bent bastards!