State of the refs in this country

Ban

So ref waved advantage for a Milner foul only for Milner to make another foul right after that? :lol:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The premier league has been like this for years it's nothing new and definitely not surprising. Whatever they think will bring the TV cash in. Dramatic last day is what they're craving.

Pretty obvious those key descisons are wrong.

VAR isn't being implemented properly either, the VAR referee will make descisons and tell the on pitch referee what to do. No screen for them to decide. Will make it much easier for the league to carry on with these shenanigans.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The premier league has been like this for years it's nothing new and definitely not surprising. Whatever they think will bring the TV cash in. Dramatic last day is what they're craving.

Pretty obvious those key descisons are wrong.

VAR isn't being implemented properly either, the VAR referee will make descisons and tell the on pitch referee what to do. No screen for them to decide. Will make it much easier for the league to carry on with these shenanigans.
The center official won’t have a screen to look at while the play in question is being looked at by the VAR officials?!?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
That’s a really good idea. I don’t know why there is a pitch side camera.
So the referee on the pitch is accountable for the descisons and still fully in charge of the game. Doing it the premier league way means Scudamore will essentially be making the VAR calls when required imo..

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
So the referee on the pitch is accountable for the descisons and still fully in charge of the game. Doing it the premier league way means Scudamore will essentially be making the VAR calls when required imo..
I always wondered why people who assume the sport is rigged still pay attention. Or atleast fully embrace it like a WWE fan would.

RochaRoja

Only seen this now. What the actual fecking feck :lol:
It’s almost like refs are bottling giving decisions against Liverpool because they don’t want to be seen as the man who denied “the people’s champions” the title after 29 years.

Usually I’d call this sort of thing tin foil hat nonsense but after Clattenburg came out and explained his thought process behind the Chelsea Spurs game that won Leicester the league, it doesn’t seem so far fetched.

OldSchoolManc

It’s almost like refs are bottling giving decisions against Liverpool because they don’t want to be seen as the man who denied “the people’s champions” the title after 29 years.

Usually I’d call this sort of thing tin foil hat nonsense but after Clattenburg came out and explained his thought process behind the Chelsea Spurs game that won Leicester the league, it doesn’t seem so far fetched.
They are the kind of ‘fans’ that would send death threats to officials.

norm87cro

Despite the cock ups yesterday I would still argue that Cardiff got it worst from the refs this season

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Pure objectivity here considering the result tonight and our history with him but what a difference in quality between Cuneyt Cakir and the refs we withness week in week out in the prem.

Handled the game with authority, managed the players and the game well and got almost all decisions spot on.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pure objectivity here considering the result tonight and our history with him but what a difference in quality between Cuneyt Cakir and the refs we withness week in week out in the prem.

Handled the game with authority, managed the players and the game well and got almost all decisions spot on.
Sent off Nani....

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Is this Chris Kavannah (or whatever he's called) the worst in the league?
My favourite part was where Grealish was getting dragged down by Rose then Kavanagh entered the screen looking completely the opposite direction of play, at what looks like around the stadium.

sajeev

The ref in the Spurs game is the biggest homer there ever was, or even worse has been bribed

R'hllor

Rose could pull out chainsaw and cut him in half, that guy wouldnt turn, he looked like he is having a walk on the beach

HJ12

Sherwood and Melchiot both reckon Cahill should've seen red

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Sherwood and Melchiot both reckon Cahill should've seen red
I rewound and had another look. Red card 8 days a week. VAR were on tea break? No other explanation.. Descisions like that very annoying. Just encouraging defenders to hack strikers down outside the box.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Why didn't he use VAR on that decision?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
What the actual feck was that. VAR is for that, not for the shitty handball call in the City game

Amarsdd

what is the point of VAR? it couldn't have been any clearer penalty than that