State of the refs in this country

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Even when using your arm actively to control the movement of your shoulder? I swear I've seen different rulings for this. Especially if you are positioning your arm out to be able to use your shoulder. What if the ball hits on top of your shoulder but your arm is stretched out? That would surely always be a handball?
if it hits your shoulder its fine, if it then roles down your arm I would think that's hand ball

Anustart89

Just such a poor basic level of understanding of the game among them.

Walcott penalty denied by VAR just because he doesn't go down even if it should be penalty + red card (denying goalscoring opportunity, no attempt to play ball).

Today in our game, even disregarding the penalty shouts (if Martial drops to the floor and doesn't keep playing he's given it x 2), Pereira's fouled straight in front of goal 25 yards out. He manages to get a final touch on it and pass it back to the left back position, so 45 yards from goal out on the left wing. Anthony Taylor sees all this and gives us an advantage.

I mean, what kind of idiot do you have to be to consider the ball 45 yards out on the wing against a settled defense to be advantageous over a free kick from 25 yards, straight in front of the goal?

Last edited:

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Just saw the Walcott decision. At this point it's either intentional incompetence or the pride of these guys is out of control. To watch that replay and still not overturn the call is egregious.

Anustart89

Another example of the refs being great at the laws of the game. Taylor gives Norwich advantage for a shirt pull, another player gets the ball and takes a shot from 20 yards which rolls into the hands of de Gea. Once de Gea saves that shot, he pulls it back for a free kick.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Another cnut giving every decision in the dippers favour. Fecking sick of these incompetent idiots.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Guarantee if De Gea has reacted like that against Everton that one would have been chalked off as well

Pawson has been an absolute cnut though, started when Shaw was blatantly tripped in midfield and he just said play on

Thank god for VAR

Pawson has missed just about every decision tonight, clearly biased. Their fouls are waved on because they're "strong" while we get whistles for shoulder to shoulders. Disgraceful

NYAS

This cnut is always shocking whenever I see him ref a game, probably the worst in the league. Of course he gets rewarded with a game of this magnitude.

LARulz

I think it was a foul. VVD goes totally fairly but he knocked DDG back. Going for the ball fairly does not mean something isn't a foul

arnie_ni

Dont think vvd was a foul.

But i do think maguire was fouled for their goal.

Ref also missed a blatant trip on shaw and he was standing no more than 5 meters away

arnie_ni

Finally, taa doesnt put the ball on the d for corners. Would love to see the corner for the goal

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Guarantee if De Gea has reacted like that against Everton that one would have been chalked off as well

Pawson has been an absolute cnut though, started when Shaw was blatantly tripped in midfield and he just said play on

Thank god for VAR
Not likely. Pawson was VAR against Everton. He clearly doesn't think they're fouls. At least he's consistent in that regard I suppose.

arnie_ni

So you think DDG would have dropped the ball if he’d been unchallenged?
No, but i dont see what vvd done wrong there. His arms were down and he had his eyes on the ball.

The one against everton the guy had his arms up, clear foul.

Would you be happy if that was the other way around and it was a foul against us?

RyRy11

No, but i dont see what vvd done wrong there. His arms were down and he had his eyes on the ball.

Would you be happy if that was the other way around and it was a foul against us?
Backing into the keeper is a foul.

El Zoido

It’s not deliberate but he didn’t win the ball and his challenge prevented the gk from making a save. His challenge was the reason why DDG spilled it.

arnie_ni

It’s not deliberate but he didn’t win the ball and his challenge prevented the gk from making a save. His challenge was the reason why DDG spilled it.
I dont disagree, but your effectively saying you cant touch a goal keeper or else its a foul?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

If you challenge for the ball on the floor, don't get near it and the force of your challenge takes the other player off his feet, it's a foul... Why should it be different because the ball is in the air?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If you challenge for the ball on the floor, don't get near it and the force of your challenge takes the other player off his feet, it's a foul... Why should it be different because the ball is in the air?
Exactly. De Gea has both hands on the ball, meaning he has possession. Meaning VVD is late when he takes his arm out

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Despite what Keane/G Nev types reckon, I think most people who have watched football in the last 20 years recognise that you can't jump up and smack the keeper, without touching the ball, and get away with it.

Pawson with some absolutely scandalous reffing there, and it's very rare you see such mass outrage from a team like our lot

Idxomer

Craig Pawson is one of the biggest clown out there, looks like a scared rabbit whenever I see him reffing a game.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Despite what Keane/G Nev types reckon, I think most people who have watched football in the last 20 years recognise that you can't jump up and smack the keeper, without touching the ball, and get away with it.

Pawson with some absolutely scandalous reffing there, and it's very rare you see such mass outrage from a team like our lot
Their whole argument seems to be based the idea that he made a fair challenge for the ball... But if that's how football worked there would barely be any fouls.

Heinzesight

Liverpool shat themselves last 20. Good to see and we showed character and fight..

Why is it now Carragher is saying this is the game that’s win them the league? Dick.

norse

No doubt the FA already has decided this years league winner, but they don’t have to do it this obvious.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yep. At halftime, Souness said "any football man knows that's not a foul". Evra should've said "Football man? You've not played a game of football for 3 decades, it's changed a bit you tit"

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

Thank god for VAR
Yeah, that was so fecking blatant and it set the tone for the entire game. Not going to blame the ref, because they were clearly the better team, but the bias today was fecking disgusting

Conor

He had an absolute nightmare of a game. Some of his stinkers off the top of my head:

- No foul on De Gea
- No foul on Shaw
- Calling a foul against Matic vs Salah

There were more too, he didn't have a clue what was going on for the majority of the game.

Member 90887

He blew the whistle but then let him kick it out of his hands
That's what i thought, why the hell would the goal stand in that case. how didn't Var look at it or Gary Neville moan about it .

Fitchett

Pawson is always a c*nt against us. Liverpool deserved their win, but that c*nt did everything possible to help them.

arnie_ni

That's what i thought, why the hell would the goal stand in that case. how didn't Var look at it or Gary Neville moan about it .
On the replay he gave a thumbs up to the linesman so he must have played advantage

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep. At halftime, Souness said "any football man knows that's not a foul". Evra should've said "Football man? You've not played a game of football for 3 decades, it's changed a bit you tit"
Quite.
Back in his days you could do all manner of carnage to an opponent.

But it's pretty clear to anyone who has watched football in the last 20 mins that you can't smack into a goalie, not touch the ball and expect to get away with it. Even at Anfield.

The big question is was the ref just showing some scandalous bottling? Or was he just letting the game and safe that VAR will bail him out.
Seriously poor reffing from that far away.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Yeah, that was so fecking blatant and it set the tone for the entire game. Not going to blame the ref, because they were clearly the better team, but the bias today was fecking disgusting
Evra was hilarious during that... He was just looking round in disbelief.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Liverpool shat themselves last 20. Good to see and we showed character and fight..

Why is it now Carragher is saying this is the game that’s win them the league? Dick.
It reminds me of Arsenal fans still squeaking on their seats when they were 3-0 up against us with about 10mins to go a few years ago!

Years of being losers plays havoc with your mentality.