Music Stereolab

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Thought I’d go back to the 90s and check out stuff I haven’t listened to for ages.
Love this group.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
They're great aren't they? Emperor Tomato Ketchup and Dots and Loops are two of my favourites from that era.

decorativeed

They're great aren't they? Emperor Tomato Ketchup and Dots and Loops are two of my favourites from that era.
I liked them too, also the French Disko track is one of my favourites. For some reason, despite this, my main memory of them is walking out of one of their gigs about 20 mins in because it was pissing me off! Think this was about 2001 or so. I don't recall what it was in particular that pissed me off about it though.

Eckers99

I liked them too, also the French Disko track is one of my favourites. For some reason, despite this, my main memory of them is walking out of one of their gigs about 20 mins in because it was pissing me off! Think this was about 2001 or so. I don't recall what it was in particular that pissed me off about it though.
Pretty strong reaction! The only gig I've ever walked out of was Roots Manuva. He looked like he couldn't be arsed and then admitted that it had been a long tour and wanted to go home. So I went home myself out of sympathy. Shame, as I liked him a lot back then but the apathy was coming off the stage in waves.

decorativeed

Pretty strong reaction! The only gig I've ever walked out of was Roots Manuva. He looked like he couldn't be arsed and then admitted that it had been a long tour and wanted to go home. So I went home myself out of sympathy. Shame, as I liked him a lot back then but the apathy was coming off the stage in waves.
I know. I loved noisy stuff back then too. I could watch Ira Kaplan wailing on his Jazzmaster for an hour-long rendition of any Yo La Tengo song and be enthralled, but something about that Sterolab gig pushed me over the edge.

Eckers99

I know. I loved noisy stuff back then too. I could watch Ira Kaplan wailing on his Jazzmaster for an hour-long rendition of any Yo La Tengo song and be enthralled, but something about that Sterolab gig pushed me over the edge.
Yo La Tengo are so good. Still listening to them loads. Not seen them live yet but there's time as they seem destined to be around forever. Then again, I also said that about Sonic Youth :lol:

decorativeed

Yo La Tengo are so good. Still listening to them loads. Not seen them live yet but there's time as they seem destined to be around forever. Then again, I also said that about Sonic Youth :lol:
I was lucky enough to first see them in 1998 touring I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One. Then again about a dozen times since. Best gig of theirs was at Sheffield Leadmill in 2000 when they added Sonic Boom and Neil Innes to the band - a 3 hour set with loads of Spacemen 3, Bonzos and Rutles songs chucked in. I also watched them in New York that year supported by Lambchop. Only saw Sonic Youth once, sadly.