Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
Man Utd scouts watch Jovetic
2009-09-22 - Added by ExtraFootie
Manchester United are keeping a close eye on the progress of Fiorentina's Montenegro international striker Stevan Jovetic following a string of impressive displays for the Serie A club.

It appears that United's scouts are particularly interested with the talent on show in the Italian top flight at the moment, following the news we brought to you earlier on ExtraFootie that they are also eyeing up Napoli's Marek Hamsik.

According to the Daily Mail, United's scouts paid close attention to 19-year-old Jovetic during his 30 minute run out against Roma on Sunday, while they will be given another chance to watch him in action on Wednesday as the Viola host table-toppers Sampdoria.

Jovetic, nicknamed "Jo-Jo" by the Fiorentina faithful, is seen as an excellent prospect for the future and has already impressed on the international stage, scoring six times in eleven appearances for Montenegro.

A reported target for United and Real Madrid for nearly two years, Jovetic signed for the Viola from his first club FK Partizan in May 2008 for around €8million (£7.2m), having scored 13 goals in 51 appearances for the Belgrade club.

The pacey front-man is an out-and-out striker in the Ruud van Nistelrooy mould, and at all of 6ft would no doubt be a focal point in attack as Sir Alex Ferguson continues to scour the continent for exciting, young talent.

The United boss will have to fight it out for the Jovetic's signature though, with Lyon and Bayern Munich also reportedly interested, while it is claimed Chelsea made enquiries with the view to making a £15million bid during the summer.

On a lighter note, the Montenegrin wonderkid has a striking resemblance to Queen guitarist Brian May owing to his mass of curly hair, something that has endeared him to both the press and the Fiorentina supporters.
Sauce
and here

Haven't seen a thread about him.

Edit: Messed up his first name, should be Stevan, if a mod can sort it out.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
that's a very good player indeed. He took time to settle in Fiorentina, but now he's starting to show how good and multi-dimensional he is.

Enigma_87

You know who
that's a very good player indeed. He took time to settle in Fiorentina, but now he's starting to show how good and multi-dimensional he is.
I haven't really followed his career in Fio(couple of matches), but I've watched him twice against Bulgaria in the qualifiers and he scored an absolute cracker in the last game:

YouTube - Bulgaria vs Montenegro - Stevan Jovetic: Evrogol [2010 South Africa World Cup Qualifiers]

From what have I seen in those games - he's technically gifted, good shot in him, and eye for the pass. Ne needs maturing obviously, but I wouldn't mind getting him.

Cristiano_RAFC

I saw him play against Cagliari 2 weeks ago when I was in Italy (went to Fiorentina - Cagliari), and he was easily the best player on the field. Anything Fiorentina created started with him.

Champions4ever

Yes, he is good. Saw a couple of his games and he is technically very good and can easily dribble past defenders. I'm not sure he is an out and out goal scorer though - he seems like a Rooney kind of player who likes to come deep and pick up the ball from the midfield or play in the hole off the main striker.

vuc

First Team Serb
Yes, he is good. Saw a couple of his games and he is technically very good and can easily dribble past defenders. I'm not sure he is an out and out goal scorer though - he seems like a Rooney kind of player who likes to come deep and pick up the ball from the midfield or play in the hole off the main striker.
Once he gets going he is a good goalscorer. He can score with both feet and from anywhere on the pitch.

He has impressed recently, he needed time to settle in and didn't score his first goal for Fiorentina for a while. Caragher is in for a tough time when they play Fiorentina.

davisjw

Did he ever want to play for Serbia, I can't remember if our Savez fecked up again on this one.
I thought I read on Wiki he declined it.

I think he's a fantastic player and started following him last year. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Hamsik coming our way. One as a striker the other as a central, attacking midfielder. However isn't Hamsik close playing-wise to our young Serbian coming in January?

vuc

First Team Serb
I thought I read on Wiki he declined it.

I think he's a fantastic player and started following him last year. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Hamsik coming our way. One as a striker the other as a central, attacking midfielder. However isn't Hamsik close playing-wise to our young Serbian coming in January?
I remember we were debating about it on a Serbian forum but I have forgot totally..

As for Hamsik I don't know, havent watched him enough to know. I thought he was more of a CM pushing forward though whereas Ljajic is more of an attacking midfielder who can play in the hole or on the flanks.

vuc

First Team Serb
What about Kuzmanovic? He is pretty highly rated as well.

Anyone know about him and how he plays?
Kuz has just recently moved to Stuttgart. Seems he has suffered a dip in form because the last few months before his move to Stuttgart he was distinctly average. I personally think it would have been better if he stayed at Fiorentina but Stuttgart is not a bad option and the Bundesliga is pretty much on par with Serie A these days or at least not far behind.

He plays similar to Pirlo, deep lying playmaker - good ability with both feet and a good long range. He is very technically gifted as with most Balkan players. He had a good performance against Everton when Fiorentina knocked them out of the Uefa cup a year/two ago.

Furthermore, he will play a big part (hopefully) in the Serbian midfield in the future. Very good passer of the ball, and intelligent too he just needs to do it consistently.

Longlivekeano

Always liked Marek Hamsik (at Napoli) I think. Strong midfielder. Good at everything required for midfield. Pssing, strength, courage, stamina. Has international experience and is young 24-25 I believe.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
IMO he could morph into a goal scoring winger ala Ronaldo. If given the chance.

These are very high expectations. I'd like him to do so but Italian football very often restricts forwards to strict attacking roles. Look at Cassano, he could have been an incredible Ronaldo-type winger. Had he landed in Arsenal or United, it may would have been a different story but now I'm pretty sure he'll be asked to stick to his striker position.

I'd say Jovetic and Benzema are akin in that they indeed can drop deep and go past opponents with ease, but their foremost and trademark job is to be at the end of actions. I'd say they would both have trouble shrugging off their full-back opponent several times in a game like Ronaldo did in his best days. They can do it a couple of times but I'd say they lack explosive power to provide such sudden bursts of effort. A bit like Rooney who was sometimes uneasy on the left wing.

A multi-dimensional striker ala Rooney would be a perfect blossoming in my opinion.

Jase

The pacey front-man is an out-and-out striker in the Ruud van Nistelrooy mould.
Now, I don't watch all of Fiorentina's (nor Montenegro's) games, but Ruud is the last striker I would compare him to. I wouldn't even classify him as a striker, in my book he's an attacking midfielder or the rather equivocal "forward". Semantics, sure, but while Ruud is a finisher of the highest quality, Jovetic has a lot more to his overall game.

Very, very interesting young player in any case. We could do worse.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
These are very high expectations. I'd like him to do so but Italian football very often restricts forwards to strict attacking roles. Look at Cassano, he could have been an incredible Ronaldo-type winger. Had he landed in Arsenal or United, it may would have been a different story but now I'm pretty sure he'll be asked to stick to his striker position..
Agreed. (That is why I had said if given a chance.:))

I'd say Jovetic and Benzema are akin in that they indeed can drop deep and go past opponents with ease, but their foremost and trademark job is to be at the end of actions. I'd say they would both have trouble shrugging off their full-back opponent several times in a game like Ronaldo did in his best days. They can do it a couple of times but I'd say they lack explosive power to provide such sudden bursts of effort. A bit like Rooney who was sometimes uneasy on the left wing.

A multi-dimensional striker ala Rooney would be a perfect blossoming in my opinion.
True. That would do nicely. I hope Fio mould him into a top player. Like they did with Batigol all those years ago. Or the divine ponytail.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
Jovetic isnt a striker or a winger, he's somewhere in between. Natural position would be the same as cassano, the trequartista role i'd imagine.

Cassano would have been completely wasted as a winger... He's an out and out playmaker. I think Cassano is a genius, there is after all a fine line between insanity and genius.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Jovetic isnt a striker or a winger, he's somewhere in between. Natural position would be the same as cassano, the trequartista role i'd imagine.

Cassano would have been completely wasted as a winger... He's an out and out playmaker. I think Cassano is a genius, there is after all a fine line between insanity and genius.
Agree about Cassano, would have been a world beater if not for his stuck up attitude.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
He's been sensational so far for Samp, it's really hard to tell if he's ready for a big club. He is always a risk but i think he is a risk worth taking. 20million euroes is his buy out. If i was in charge of a team looking for a spark he'd be worth the punt.

watching highlights of Samp this season he has been responsible for almost every goal if not directly laying on the assist he has created the chance through earlier brilliance in the build up. He slips little passes in behind defenses at will. He's brilliant.

vuc

First Team Serb

My feelings exactly.

Interista

Jovetic really has the potential to become a great player, last season he didn't meet the expectations but of course you have to give such a young kid the time to settle in. This season is proving to be a key element for Fiorentina and without his goal vs Sporting the Viola wouldn't be in the CL right now. I don't know if he can make the difference vs Liverpool but with his pace and excellent dribbling skills he can at least pose their defense some serious threats. I reckon he'll keep improving and at the end of this season or of the next one he could be ready for Manchester United.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
He could become a great player, i won't really care about him. We have Rooney in that position for the next 10 years atleast.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's looked absolutely brilliant against Liverpool. Great touch and skill on the ball and seems to be a livewire too. Very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.