Steve McManaman

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
When he's watching Liverpool, definitely.

He's improved somewhat with other teams though, particularly us. He used to practically froth at the mouth if we ever got anything remotely fortunate happen to us. He's not so bad these days.

That voice though. Sounds like he should be wearing a permanent spit-guard.

IrishRedDevil

Annoying prick.

How him and Carragher are allowed to constantly commentate on Liverpool games is a farce.

Hearing his heart break when that goal was ruled offside was beautiful.

Annoying prick.

How him and Carragher are allowed to constantly commentate on Liverpool games is a farce.

Hearing his heart break when that goal was ruled offside was beautiful.
disagree. I like McManaman. He’s not biased in the way the likes of Redknapp and Souness are. He supports Liverpool and wants them to win, nothing wrong with that, but he’s very fair and unbiased I think.

Superunknown

I can't stand McManaman as a commentator. He hasn't got the voice/tone for it, but he also doesn't add anything insightful ever. There must be better out there.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He was gutted at the end.

I still remember him fuming about a clear onside goal disallowed for Newcastle at Old Trafford in a game they lost 6-0 years ago. He’s far too biased.

fergosaurus

The amount of droplets coming from his mouth during the match must've been staggering. Is 2m enough to socially distance from a Scouser?

vodrake

disagree. I like McManaman. He’s not biased in the way the likes of Redknapp and Souness are. He supports Liverpool and wants them to win, nothing wrong with that, but he’s very fair and unbiased I think.
He's one of the most biased commentators I've ever heard, by a long way

Loon

:lol:
It’s his annoying know-all VOICE REALLY LOUD IN THE PUB style which is annoying. He never shuts up. His commentary word count must be huge.

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Hes not only biased he manages to combine that with having zero football knowledge, horrible scouse voice and just generally a very unlikeable chap. Staggering that he's BTs main man and that apparently some people like him :houllier:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't especially get the McManaman hatred.
I don't find him particularly biased either.
Remember this is a guy who stitched them up out of a big transfer fee wandering off to Real Madrid for free after spinning them on for a year that he might sign.

Phil

He's a controversial hot take merchant that sounds like the Liverpool fan shouting at the screen next to you in the pub. Really shit.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Overrated player and a complete shambles on commentary, he must say 'Fletch' 50 times per game plus his undoubted bias that he doesn't even try to disguise.

What Covid tier does Merseyside need to be in to stop him reaching the commentary box.

I don't especially get the McManaman hatred.
I don't find him particularly biased either.
Remember this is a guy who stitched them up out of a big transfer fee wandering off to Real Madrid for free after spinning them on for a year that he might sign.
he’s really not. I enjoy his commentary.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Overrated player and a complete shambles on commentary, he must say 'Fletch' 50 times per game plus his undoubted bias that he doesn't even try to disguise.

What Covid tier does Merseyside need to be in to stop him reaching the commentary box.
Really dislike him as a commentator but he was a very good football player.

MikeeMike

Really dislike him as a commentator but he was a very good football player.
From his commentary tonight v PSG.. Sorry if I’m mistaken. Fawning over keeper for the save. Replay shows spot kick from behind the goal. “ Keeper stays strong..... “ he pauses as he realizes he was off his line.. “Jumps forward just a little bit”

Obviously , gutted as he realizes a retake on the cards.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Apart from being able to hear him grinning when they equalized he was almost too complimentary.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Yeah I've always thought he's quite complimentary towards us.
He's complimentary towards all English clubs in European competitions, that's the BT memo (don't blame them, they are an English channel afterall).

keithsingleton

Not sure biased the word I would use, he's more negative than anything and always complaining/moaning about players performances. Him along with Savage & Evra are the worse pundits / commentators on TV.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He's boring as hell. Don't know about biased. I don't notice that one as much. But he never says anything worthwhile and he often says something that didn't need saying several times.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Was hyping us a lot tonight. Get the feeling he hates PSG and doesn’t see the hype at all. Which is a view more should take and openly despise them at every opportunity.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Tonight was one of the few occasions where we profited from the English commentators rooting us on in Europe. McManaman included

Chief123

Wow my god this guy is deluded.

Him, Shearer and Crouch have been doing Team of the year on Amazon after the game.

He was the only one not to choose Bruno Fernandes in his team! :lol: :lol: :lol: He’s statistically the best player in the whole league this year, never mind getting in team of the year.

Shearer and Crouch were baffled!

The man is so bitter towards Utd! And deluded.

RedDevilRoshi

Him, Shearer and Crouch have been doing Team of the year on Amazon after the game.

He was the only one not to choose Bruno Fernandes in his team! :lol: :lol: :lol: He’s statistically the best player in the whole league this year, never mind getting in team of the year.

Liverpool won the league by a thousand points according to him

arthurka

Saw it, the other two almost rolled their eyes.

Chief123

Saw it, the other two almost rolled their eyes.
The way he tried to justify it as well was just cringe. The guy literally made us the best team in the country since he arrived. He has more points per game than any other player in the league. He just couldn’t admit he couldn’t face choosing him :lol:

arthurka

The way he tried to justify it as well was just cringe. The guy literally made us the best team in the country since he arrived. He has more points per game than any other player in the league. He just couldn’t admit he couldn’t face choosing him :lol:
I know it was really strange, the other guys couldn't believe it. It was cringe fest par excellence.

croadyman

Yeah was at Old Trafford to see us score a last minute winner and 24 hours later sees his beloved team slip up for the second time in three days and he just couldn't take it so took it out on us by not picking Bruno. His pain tonight could not have been any more glorious after how smug he has been over them.