Steve Nicol says........

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Has anyone heard Steve Nicol say on Radio that he prefers not losing a game during the whole season rather then winning the Treble ?!

He had a spat with Jason Cundy on Radio (talksport) about this.

What an idiot - imho. :D

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

He takes the view that it's something they haven't done before, then backs away slightly by saying he'd give up one (trophy I think) to go unbeaten (3.45 on the video).

A bit more nuance, but still bollocks. Even when they're clearly the best team the Scousers can't help but talk shite

Eddy_JukeZ

I mean they haven't won a treble before either.

So this view is a bit nonsensical.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!

He takes the view that it's something they haven't done before, then backs away slightly by saying he'd give up one (trophy I think) to go unbeaten (3.45 on the video).

A bit more nuance, but still bollocks. Even when they're clearly the best team the Scousers can't help but talk shite
Thanks for this but i've seen the Andrew Goldstein/Jason cundy one with steve Nicol and in it he says even more stupid things!
He also says that All Liverpool fans would prefer going the full Season unbeaten than winning the Treble and that they won the Treble but League cup instead of FA Cup - can you understand these people?!

Red_toad

Has anyone heard Steve Nicol say on Radio that he prefers not losing a game during the whole season rather then winning the Treble ?!

He had a spat with Jason Cundy on Radio (talksport) about this.

What an idiot - imho. :D
Nicol is deluded. Deep he honestly think anyone is buying that crap, other than pool fans?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Thanks for this but i've seen the Andrew Goldstein/Jason cundy one with steve Nicol and in it he says even more stupid things!
He also says that All Liverpool fans would prefer going the full Season unbeaten than winning the Treble and that they won the Treble but League cup instead of FA Cup - can you understand these people?!
Ah yeah sorry you did say TS not ESPN. He's obviously doubled down on the madness since last year.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Steve Nicol was a great player but the space between his ears is a barren land.

HJ12

Well you get a trophy in Football Manager for going unbeaten in a season - or is that an achievement badge? Whatever. It's always nice to shift goalposts to suit your own agenda. Maybe they'll have special t-shirts made again...

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
You know, I'd be pretty chuffed with either. Just the league and cl double would be outstanding too.

Simply winning the league is amazing enough really.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
You know, I'd be pretty chuffed with either. Just the league and cl double would be outstanding too.

Simply winning the league is amazing enough really.
That's why you live in Disney Land. :D

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Nicol is deluded. Deep he honestly think anyone is buying that crap, other than pool fans?
Why would we believe this? No one would rather go unbeaten than win the treble.

OverratedOpinion

The ESPN football show with him, Shaka Hislop and the rest gets an incredible amount of attention relative to the lack of knowledge or interesting points they contribute.

Also Arsenal's invincible team is only lauded by Arsenal fans to such a degree on account of never doing feck all in Europe.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So you don't believe this is true ?
He's either dumb or he wants to be controversial for attention. No one in their right mind would rather go unbeaten for a season instead of winning another CL, let alone the treble.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
He's either dumb or he wants to be controversial for attention. No one in their right mind would rather go unbeaten for a season instead of winning another CL, let alone the treble.
I agree with you 100%.

OverratedOpinion

He's either dumb or he wants to be controversial for attention.
The entire format of that show is as follows -

Some haircut in a suit raises a potentially interesting topic in the least interesting way possible.

One of the pundits pipes up with a fairly measured point of view.

Then either Craig Burley or Nicol starts talking over everyone with something they think will be controversial to garner attention. They all then burst into fits of giggles and attempt some Keys and Gray style banter before it all breaks down into some mumbling acceptance that none of them really care.

Queue haircut to bring up a new point.

Mainoldo

Rather we focused on trying to win things again instead of being insulted over old Triumphs.

Alabaster Codify7

Just a typical deluded Scouser coming out of the woodwork, if the title race was 2-3pts at present you wouldn't hear a word from any of the cnuts.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The entire format of that show is as follows -

Some haircut in a suit raises a potentially interesting topic in the least interesting way possible.

One of the pundits pipes up with a fairly measured point of view.

Then either Craig Burley or Nicol starts talking over everyone with something they think will be controversial to garner attention. They all then burst into fits of giggles and attempt some Keys and Gray style banter before it all breaks down into some mumbling acceptance that none of them really care.

Queue haircut to bring up a new point.
The show i'm referring to is Talksport with Andy Goldstein and Jason Cundy and the telephone intervention of Steve Nicol.
I saw a YT video of it.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
That's why you live in Disney Land. :D
Wasn't even me who set it up. Some mod, presumably because I joked about Klopp turning down Woodwards Disney land at a time before united fans en masse decided to pick up that nugget for self flagellation.

I basically have nothing left of my original profile. Mods changed my username, tag line, location. #MeeToo

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
They've done the mickey mouse treble of all 3 cups though Ha
The treble that contains only one trophy from the real treble. I remember the hilarity around that back in the day. United won the league and most of them admitted they'd have traded their treble for the league title.

They'd only gone 11 years at that point, not the 30 that I will constantly remind them about every time they start gloating about getting number 19

TRUERED89

The treble that contains only one trophy from the real treble. I remember the hilarity around that back in the day. United won the league and most of them admitted they'd have traded their treble for the league title.

They'd only gone 11 years at that point, not the 30 that I will constantly remind them about every time they start gloating about getting number 19
They'll be on 20 very soon if we don't buck up our ideas. We're approaching a decade now ourselves.

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
Nevermind treble, I'd take League + CL over unbeaten + record number of points.

It's a bollocks argument - no one in their right mind would rather achieve something very arbitrary than win more (important) cups. With that said, I'd prob rather go unbeaten and record points total etc (and all the records that come with that) than win League + FA Cup.

But I'm not English so...

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Steve who? He's a nobody.
Won four league titles, 3 fa cups and a European cup. Probably the only fullback in English football to win the award for player of the year.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
They'll be on 20 very soon if we don't buck up our ideas. We're approaching a decade now ourselves.
7 years is hardly a decade.

A lot can change in 3 more seasons.

If we beat 30 years without a title I'll be straight on here holding my hands up ;)

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Don't like the guy, so blatantly anti United that I just disregard anything he says.

youngrell

Assume he's talking about league only as Liverpool have already lost a few times in other comps this season?

TheReligion

Abusive
Won four league titles, 3 fa cups and a European cup. Probably the only fullback in English football to win the award for player of the year.
If it was before the backpass rules implementation I can't really recognise the achievements. Especially given he was a defender.

TRUERED89

7 years is hardly a decade.

A lot can change in 3 more seasons.

If we beat 30 years without a title I'll be straight on here holding my hands up ;)
A lot of us will be dead by then :lol: , I just hope we can see #21 way before that time comes..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ex footballer in being dim shocker.

It's lovely going unbeaten in the league and all that, but it's much better winning more trophies. That's why Arsenal's unbeaten year isn't as great as it could have been, having only won the league.