Steven Bergwijn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

I think the eredivise is not what it used to be attacking wise the defenses are not good enough so many players tend to get great numbers and then when they change to another league they seemed really limited specially speedy players.

We tended to see some really special talents come up from there Iike RVN, RVP, Suarez, Robben to mention some, but the last ones like Depay, Janseen, Jahanbakhsh (the one from brighton) and recently the gem from PSV Hirving Lozano struggling to even get minutes in napoli have turn out as total failures.

I wouldn’t write off Berjwig but I doubt he can replicate near the numbers he currently puts in Holland.

Okey

Spurs may just be setting up for a downward spiral. Gedson Fernandes, Lo Celso and Berwijn aren't game changers in any way. Barely above average in my opinion. Of course I hope to be proved right. One less rival to worry about.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs may just be setting up for a downward spiral. Gedson Fernandes, Lo Celso and Berwijn aren't game changers in any way. Barely above average in my opinion. Of course I hope to be proved right. One less rival to worry about.
I take it you havent watched any of our last few games then when Lo Celso was easily our best player - he is without doubt above average. Gedson and Bergwijn I've no clue how good they are yet. We are buying young, talented players to refresh the squad. I'm very happy with our window so far.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Fingers crossed, PSV fans seem very sad to let him go especially in January so that's a good sign.
Feels a bit like he's abandoning the sinking ship. PSV are in dire straits and their best player is saying, feck this, I'm outa here. And for a nice fee, but compared to what Ajax is selling their kids for it's hardly reassuring.

On the plus side, this means Feyenoord is going to finish above PSV in the league and mount a secret title run while Ajax arent looking.

Psv's biggest talent is Bergwijn by the way, it's Mohammed Ihattaren. Remember the name, he will be huge.

dutchred

Psv's biggest talent is Bergwijn by the way, it's Mohammed Ihattaren. Remember the name, he will be huge.

I said that above. He and Badou will be stars

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

I said that above. He and Badou will be stars
Ah you did, sorry didn't mean to plagiarize your post, but yeah, him amd Boadu, fingers crossed :)

Edit: wait a minute, you also said only Ajax and PSV matter. That's cold man.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
RB? We already have Tanganga as an alternative to Aurier.
Nowhere near the level required of a team in the CL and looking for top four. And isn't Tanganga a CB not a RB?

Striker? The window hasn't closed yet.
True, Levy loves a last second bargain basement deal. Andy Carroll to Spurs in the final hours of the xfer window.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I have to say I thought he looked a good player during the Nations League games back in June. The first time I've seen him play properly and he looked a lot more polished than the YouTube videos showed that had been posted previously.

Obviously I'm sticking to my guns and saying that Sancho is almost imperative if we want to be serious about transforming this team soon, but if we couldn't make that happen then I wouldn't be disappointed if we got Bergwijn.
Based on this I'm hoping we get Sancho, because Bergwijn was one of my top back up options that I would have liked to have seen here.

dutchred

Ah you did, sorry didn't mean to plagiarize your post, but yeah, him amd Boadu, fingers crossed :)

Edit: wait a minute, you also said only Ajax and PSV matter. That's cold man.
Sorry The real Deal in Holland is AJAX V Feyenoord, but Feyenoord have been crap for a few years now ( similar to us) I really hope they come good again soon. ( Ik heb een hekel aan PSV)

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Nowhere near the level required of a team in the CL and looking for top four. And isn't Tanganga a CB not a RB? ….
You've no evidence to say that. In fact he's looked very good so far in the limited chances he's had to play RB. So far, under Mourinho, he's played RB, CB and LB.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Nowhere near the level required of a team in the CL and looking for top four. And isn't Tanganga a CB not a RB?

True, Levy loves a last second bargain basement deal. Andy Carroll to Spurs in the final hours of the xfer window.
To be fair Tanganga hasn’t put a foot wrong and credit for Jose for putting faith in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.