Steven Bergwijn

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
:nervous:

This is something I wanted to talk about.

Has ten hag's transfer ability been good? Or does he benefit from Ajax great set up?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Christ if this is the kind of player we are looking at we are screwed.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It is possible we could sell him but I think if he does leave he would be much more likely to go back to Holland than stay in England. He is a good player with the potentially to be very good but he hasn't really had the chance to show it consistently at Spurs.

TsuWave

I'm just going to file this under "transfer rumour frenzy following potential/imminent managerial appointment" - for the sake of my own sanity

Nick.

Why sign Bergwijn whwn there's a perfectly good Raphina or Antony out there? Don't tell me we are on a small budget this summer...

Tavern in the town

Exactly the reason we need to be moving away from the model of the manager choosing transfer targets. The head coach already has enough shit on his plate, it’s the job of the scouting and recruiting departments to present him with suitable targets to choose from. This is how we avoid situations like LVG trying to break the transfer record for Muller or Jose wetting himself for Willian or Ole going big for Maguire. Top clubs don’t operate like this.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Has ten hag's transfer ability been good? Or does he benefit from Ajax great set up?
He doesn't do transfers, he has always worked as an head coach.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It's not quite as bad as getting linked to Ron Vlaar when LvG took over.

Which reminds me, Ron Vlaar existed.

JPRouve

Scout
So what do you think will happen at our club? Who will dictate the transfers?
I don't know. In theory it should be our DOF which doesn't mean that the head coach won't have an input but the decisions should be taken by the DOF.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

He will have a spot for him in his system to really maximise him Id imagine. Assuming this is true though.

Vapor trail

Decent player always has produced something whenever I've seen him play.

Has league experience and it benefits Spurs who will likely get Kuv from juve 25 million on loan obligation.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Even assuming this part is true, it might just be the journo extrapolating that to "ETH will also be interested in him at United, where he can afford him".

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't know. In theory it should be our DOF which doesn't mean that the head coach won't have an input but the decisions should be taken by the DOF.
Maybe this explains part of the Rangnick and Fletcher roles and positions we are hearing.

Whilst I'm happy to have a manager who can just coach whatever he has to work with - what he gets to work with could also potentially hold him back.

Let's see.

hobbers

This will be like the never ending links to Jordie Clasie

JPRouve

Scout
Maybe this explains part of the Rangnick and Fletcher roles and positions we are hearing.

Whilst I'm happy to have a manager who can just coach whatever he has to work with - what he gets to work with could also potentially hold him back.

Let's see.
Murtough is the DOF.

TrebleChamp99

Decent player always has produced something whenever I've seen him play.

Has league experience and it benefits Spurs who will likely get Kuv from juve 25 million on loan obligation.
Agreed, I dont think we should turn our noses up at players that have ability but haven't worked in certain clubs, for example many would have turned noses up at Mane, SaLAH and KDB in the past as they weren't the flavour of the month.

As fans well have to accept we may need to open our minds a little with players like this.

Personally Id be fine with this signing and excited to see what ETH does with him.

Similarly I think we should go for Haller.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Oh god, Jesus Christ ! no, for feck sake. Christ on a bike ! Jeez, why ? for god sake !

He any good ?

hobbers

Actually a straight swap martial for berg would be fantastic.

Kaos

We were reported to be interested in around 90% of the Dutch national team when LVG took over.

The reality I imagine is we'll be linked to one or two Dutch/Eredivisie players, most likely Ajax ones and that'll be it. Hopefully not Steven feckin Bergwjin.

poleglass red

What it could say if we are connected to less fashionable names is that the manger wants players to fit a system as oppossed to just buying big names and hope they gel as we have done in recent years. I'm not going to put too much into the countless players we will undoubtedly be linked with in coming months, but I certainly wouldn't disapprove of looking at players such as this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Maybe ETH can do a Wjinaldum.. Not in a CM role but just unlocking the best of his skillsets in the system.

hobbers

I'd happily swap Martial for a cardboard cutout of Bergwijn at this point.

Jericho

Spurs wouldn't sell us anything for as little as 20 million.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
don't believe it for a second.

Press putting dutch manager + dutch player together and coming out with a story :lol:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think I had this guy as my backup choice to Sancho a couple of years ago. So with Sancho now playing on the left, it makes sense that I would be up for this.

I've not seen him barely at Spurs and don't know why it hasn't happened there. But when I saw bits of him at PSV and playing for Netherlands, I thought he had a lot of potential.

Kulusevski looks good too.

SoCross

Still better than current Rashford moping down the flank.

Workrate has been good whenever I’ve watched him and seems like he has an eye for a pass. But I’d rather go for Rapinha.

GreatDane

It could be fun to buy a player on the cheap and turn him better for once - as opposed to wasting money as we have done for years.