Steven Gerrard | Al-Ettifaq Manager

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Interested to see how he fairs in the EPL. Seems like a good manager by all accounts.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Interested to see how he fairs in the EPL. Seems like a good manager by all accounts.
Yeah I hope he fails, but he seems to have the makings of a really good manager. If he does well you’d imagine him to be high on Liverpool’s list when Klopp leaves.

worldgonemad

Will be a good move for him I think. Not too many expectations and he can learn a lot with that team. Some good players and fans.

Respect him. He could have easily just stayed at Rangers and hoped/expected to get the Liverpool job one day when Klopp leaves as a bit of an experiment.

But by going to to AV he will either rule himself out or earn the right to one day be considered for that role, time will tell.

Big contrast to Giggs who for many years refused several jobs just hoping nepotism would get him the United job.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah I hope he fails, but he seems to have the makings of a really good manager. If he does well you’d imagine him to be high on Liverpool’s list when Klopp leaves.
I hope he does well at Villa, gets the Pool job and relegates them.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
be interesting, he's got an OK squad and Villa want to spend, certainly don't see them going down but looking forward to how he plays as I've never really took any notice of the SPL and how he sets teams up

ShinjiNinja26

On the one hand I want to see him get relegated but on the other I want him to just do well enough to con Liverpool into hiring him as manager and destroy any good work Klopp has done. He’s an even bigger legend to the scouse than Ole is to Utd and look at the amount of slack our fan base have cut him, he could have them in the relegation zone and they’d still back him. :lol:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Poor man's Lampard. Terrible move by Villa.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wonder if Spitty C will have the pitchforks out for his mate Slippy G if he fails?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If he relegates them he can then get a 3-year deal at Liverpool.

Gazautd18

May go against the grain here but hope he does well.
As a manager he doesn't bother me one bit as he did a player.
And since hearing that he had advice from Fergie when at Rangers I've kind of warmed to him a tiny bit.

stu_1992

I'm torn between wanting him to fail now (because well it's that prick Gerrard) or having him do a good enough job that he replaces Klopp and then fails massively with Liverpool. Has to be the latter I suppose.

Oranges038

Hope he gets them relegated.

Be interesting to see if Carraga will be calling for his head or making excuses for him if it all goes tits up.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Annoying, this. I was really hoping he'd straight up replace Klopp and we could all laugh at him for being out of his depth. This move will probably rule him out of it if he doesn't cut the mustard at Villa.

izec

Dont think he will be a disaster at all. Think he will be there two years around midtable and then get sacked, becauae Villa probably want to push for European places in a couple of years.

I expect him to be decent, but nothing more.

paulscholes18

Big risk for him to take, as if it goes tits up can't see Liverpool having him to take over from klopp.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He was good for Rangers but Villa is a big job. I give him a 55% chance of making it. Would be funny if he screwed it up though.

Dan_F

Good move for him. Off the back of a shit run with loads of players due back from injury. I wouldn’t be surprise to see an upturn in results instantly. Whether that works long term I have no idea.

Cloud7

I'm very interested to see how he does. Villa is a decent club as well as their owners seem to have some ambition.

My desire to see the crop of young up and coming managers relegate the dinosaurs to the past plays a part in my interest here as well.

It's a win win really. Another young, promising manager doing well in the game, or he fails and I can laugh at him letting it slip again.

RedRover

Fair play to him. Brave move as he'll either sink or swim in the PL.