Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

nimic

something nice
Scout
Exactly, I'm not expecting them to suddenly GRRM it but "only the new character dies every season" is making it predictable, even more so when you think Season 1 Steve was supposed to die but they like the actor too much.
GRRM's penchant for killing characters is overstated anyway. Viewpoint characters (outside of the prologues) almost never die (one very notable exception in the first book).

Jev

The two of them sounded like spoilt brats in that interview wanting others killed off to give them more screen time. The fact they specifically pointed to one character who has alluded in the past that Millie in particular can be difficult says a lot
David Harbour suggested MBB was difficult? I only ever heard about a fatherly bond.

lsd

The Oracle
David Harbour suggested MBB was difficult? I only ever heard about a fatherly bond.

I would say he more alluded to it there have been numerous reports of her being rude and full of herself which is what tends to happen when you become so famous at such a young age

I've seen him saying he is careful not to blow smoke up her already smokefilled ass for example.

The point is that interview was hard to read and certainly left the impression they have little respect for anyone other than themselves and do not like sharing the spotlight.

This season Sadie Sink pretty much stole the show I wonder how that will affect her and Millie going forward.

Bwuk

I really liked season 4, but it makes no sense in hindsight.

How can El have beaten 001 in the past, then at various points struggled before season 4. There was nothing she dealt with anywhere near as strong as him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

How can El have beaten 001 in the past, then at various points struggled before season 4. There was nothing she dealt with anywhere near as strong as him.
I suppose a bit of fight and flight going on. She's never been in complete control of her powers.

RedDevil@84

Finally got around to watching this. Was waiting for wifey to catch up on 3 seasons. I think it was a very good continuation. Loads of plot armours saving everyone in the story, almost annoying in some cases, but you expect some level of illogical stuff in this genre.

Now the long 2 year or more wait for the final season starts. Hope they don't screw it up and come up with a good story and execution.

RedDevil@84

What happened to 8 (Kali) from Season 2? DId they just decide to bin off that whole aspect of the storyline? How did 8 survive the massacre in the lab...?
I never understood why that was shown. But glad they binned it.

Sylar

Not surprised but master of puppets doing well. Not Kate Bush well but really well (making top tens and 50s of certain charts for first time ever and the number of downloads)

LARulz

Season 3 question mainly but references season 4 start (currently at season 4 episode 8)

How in the world did the Soviet's not have CCTV in their secret base in the US? That I found absolutely ridiculous (ignoring the rest.... of the general stuff). That to me felt a bit to convenient by giving the kids freedom to stroll around finding a way to save Steve and Robyn

Also the characters never dying honestly gives the show a lack of jeopardy - I am never concerned about any of their fates. Hopper surviving was beyond ridiculous, I was convinced he survived when it happened but a part of me thought maybe not an it will be good for the show. But no, there he is in a Soviet prison somehow escaping cos he's fecking Rambo. I actually like Hop as well, but the lack of any major character getting killed in this entire show is just ridiculous

LARulz

What happened to 8 (Kali) from Season 2? DId they just decide to bin off that whole aspect of the storyline? How did 8 survive the massacre in the lab...?
Character had good potential but her goons were annoying and if she teamed up with 11 it would have been too easy.... They never showed her in that massacre episode, or even referenced I think, so was she not gone by then? If she was still there, my guess is she tricked Vecna into not seeing her/thinking he'd already killed her

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Vecna got stronger with each kill. So he was probably more powerful than that first time. Plus he’d made a pact with the mindflayer so again probably more powerful.

Eleven also didn’t seem to have full control of her power for a long time.

Ted Lasso

I really liked it. The Billy episode might be my favorite of the season.

The kids have grown to that severely awkward teenage stage but a few of them managed to overcome that with some very good performances.

A lot of valid criticism on certain things. No show is perfect but I consider it great if it's enjoyable despite the flaws and this was thoroughly so. Remains one of Netflix's top shows.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Finally finished the second part of season 4, and while it was entertaining, they really needed to edit those couple of episodes down. Far to much pointless dragging some of the arcs out which left me struggling to care at times. Loved Billy's final scene with the guitar even if it didn't make a whole lot of logical sense. (ie just chuck the speaker on top of the caravan and play from safety)

I really didn't like how they portrayed the town after the final confrontation, you have giant red rips in the ground, and we are meant to think the regular town folk believe it was just an earthquake...

Acole9

Outstanding
Finished watching it a couple of days ago, really enjoyed it. My second favourite series after the first. Two and three were both rather forgettable.

Banat

It is a really hard watch if you are over 30 like me. I invested too much time and I don't like ditching unfinished series but I'm really on the edge.
First two seasons were solid (nothing spectacular though, predictable events, chit-chat, teen love stories and triangles, overall 6/10).
I just finished s3e5 (The Flayed) and it was easily the worst of the bunch- More 'comedy' than drama now, but unfortunately not funny in the slightest. Hopper acting like a clown (trying too hard), the stereotype 'comedy' characters, evil Russians and the Terminator style foreign hard man who's unstoppable, lots of people shouting in each other's faces, villains with no peripheral vision, the indestructible and superhuman heroes, the cheesy one liners, dreadful dialogue...
Don't think I can take any more of this, unless season 4 is really worth it, because episodes are getting longer and longer.
I did not expect Twin Peaks level od mystery, but it's been really disappointing so far and it's getting worse with each episode.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bastards killed Eddie and I'll never forgive them for that. Bloody sluts.

Roosney

It is a really hard watch if you are over 30 like me. I invested too much time and I don't like ditching unfinished series but I'm really on the edge.
First two seasons were solid (nothing spectacular though, predictable events, chit-chat, teen love stories and triangles, overall 6/10).
I just finished s3e5 (The Flayed) and it was easily the worst of the bunch- More 'comedy' than drama now, but unfortunately not funny in the slightest. Hopper acting like a clown (trying too hard), the stereotype 'comedy' characters, evil Russians and the Terminator style foreign hard man who's unstoppable, lots of people shouting in each other's faces, villains with no peripheral vision, the indestructible and superhuman heroes, the cheesy one liners, dreadful dialogue...
Don't think I can take any more of this, unless season 4 is really worth it, because episodes are getting longer and longer.
I did not expect Twin Peaks level od mystery, but it's been really disappointing so far and it's getting worse with each episode.
Sorry but it gets worse and worse.

They've ditched the darker mystery scifi tone completely in season 4 and replaced it with incredibly cheesy and stupid high school drama stuff.
The main villain is a human turned in to an orc dragging his feet while explaining his plans out loud.
One of the fan favourite scenes seems to be this 80's rocker dude playing Metallica on the roof of a camper to distract some zombie bats ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Banat

Sorry but it gets worse and worse.

They've ditched the darker mystery scifi tone completely in season 4 and replaced it with incredibly cheesy and stupid high school drama stuff.
The main villain is a human turned in to an orc dragging his feet while explaining his plans out loud.
One of the fan favourite scenes seems to be this 80's rocker dude playing Metallica on the roof of a camper to distract some zombie bats ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, I'm definitely giving up in that case, thank you for the clarification mate.
If episodes were normal length than maybe, but can't really push myself through 1h15+ per episode in s4.

Fridge chutney

Mike is the worst character, perhaps because the actor is so terrible (does anyone think his acting is good?).

Every scene with him was cringeworthy and annoying. I like the show but this past season i couldn't take scenes with him in them seriously.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Mike is the worst character, perhaps because the actor is so terrible (does anyone think his acting is good?).

Every scene with him was cringeworthy and annoying. I like the show but this past season i couldn't take scenes with him in them seriously.
Feeling the same, really can't stand the character

Bosws87

Nothing to do with age, i'm 35 and its a great watch you are just over analysing everything and expecting something that's already ludicrous to be grounded in some form of reality.

Shows just obviously not for you.

Banat

Nothing to do with age, i'm 35 and its a great watch you are just over analysing everything and expecting something that's already ludicrous to be grounded in some form of reality.

Shows just obviously not for you.
I only have problem with it's 8.7 imdb rating (higher than Twin Peaks, Mindhunter, Gomorrah, Boardwalk Empire).
You can't have TV show sitting at 8.7 rating with silly and predictable dialogues, yelling, flat jokes, idiotic russophobic cliche (I get it, it's the 80's, but it is way over the top).
I can't understand for the love of god how is this show rated higher than 6.
Series rated so highly do not have glaring plot holes like this one.
It's a teen comedy money milking cow now they way I see it

lsd

The Oracle
Then id quit if i were you. Season 4 has some really poor subplots and everything drags on far far longer than it should, the editing is non existent and will drive you crazy. One scene of a guy trying to light a flame to scare of a creature and it goes on for over a minute during which time all tension has been totally lost.

An airplane fight that has every single cliche played out and dragged out

Thats the kind of things that annoyed me about the season, things that could have been easily fixed.

There are some great moments but too many predictable parts that shouldnt have went even half as long as they did, plus some of the kids acting now is really noticeably poor.

MoskvaRed

Season 4 felt like the Netflix version of a successful rock group deciding they want to release a double-album. With editing out of redundant characters (pizza guy, Lukas’s sister, Maya Hawke’s token lesbian) and scenes (the whole Russia sub-plot), it could have been an outstanding series. As it was, the film-length episodes dragged a bit and there was a loss of dramatic tension as they kept cutting from away from the main action. The Hawkins scenes continue to be the most powerful and, when it’s good, such as the scene where Max was being chased while Eddie bashed out “Master of Puppets”, it’s very good indeed. The only problem is that, by this stage, no one is going to tell the Duffer brothers that less is sometimes more.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Season 4 felt like the Netflix version of a successful rock group deciding they want to release a double-album. With editing out of redundant characters (pizza guy, Lukas’s sister, Maya Hawke’s token lesbian) and scenes (the whole Russia sub-plot), it could have been an outstanding series. As it was, the film-length episodes dragged a bit and there was a loss of dramatic tension as they kept cutting from away from the main action. The Hawkins scenes continue to be the most powerful and, when it’s good, such as the scene where Max was being chased while Eddie bashed out “Master of Puppets”, it’s very good indeed. The only problem is that, by this stage, no one is going to tell the Duffer brothers that less is sometimes more.
Brilliant post tied to an excellent analogy.

There was a brilliant show in there had they lost 50% of it.

Sylar

Apparently duffer brothers have been doing a George Lucas and editing previous seasons.

I only have problem with it's 8.7 imdb rating (higher than Twin Peaks, Mindhunter, Gomorrah, Boardwalk Empire).
You can't have TV show sitting at 8.7 rating with silly and predictable dialogues, yelling, flat jokes, idiotic russophobic cliche (I get it, it's the 80's, but it is way over the top).
I can't understand for the love of god how is this show rated higher than 6.
Series rated so highly do not have glaring plot holes like this one.
It's a teen comedy money milking cow now they way I see it
The rating shouldn't matter, just watch it yourself and judge it yourself

Other people like different things to you.