Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

Roosney

I think the best and funniest part was when the Surf Boy Pizza clerk looked just like Argyle and he was a fully baked stoner just like Argyle Oh my god can you believe it!. And when he traded the pizzeria with strangers for a joint I almost died of laughter. So hilarious. Still laughing. Great writing that.

reelworld

Eddie playing Master of Puppets to distract the demon bats gotta be one of the coolest scene of the show

Mike speech though ugh. So cringe. Is it just me that the actors who played Eleven and Mike have very little chemistry as they grown older?

Eleven reunion with Hopper got more heart in less time

Big Andy

Bloke
Eddie playing Master of Puppets to distract the demon bats gotta be one of the coolest scene of the show

Mike speech though ugh. So cringe. Is it just me that the actors who played Eleven and Mike have very little chemistry as they grown older?

Eleven reunion with Hopper got more heart in less time
I was a bit fuming with the “2 Days later” bit, and then everyone like “feck me, bad earthquake that” but not to worry, there’s just a massive gate to ANOTHER feckING DIMENSION, but let’s make PB&J.

The bit with Max and Lucas, Joyce and Hopper and Hopper and El had more heart than Mike and El

I hope Eddie gets the justice he deserves, although why he went back into the Upside Down at all I don’t know, just climb out ffs

lsd

The Oracle
An hour into episode 8... And yet I don't feel like anything has actually happened?

Pretty much yes but won't stop people desperately going overboard trying to convince themselves it was a masterpiece of a season.

Next season they really need to edit what is clearly so much pointless dull filler in the episodes and get back to making a proper show again.

I don't know how many hours this season took but you could easily lose half and have a better season

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pretty much yes but won't stop people desperately going overboard trying to convince themselves it was a masterpiece of a season.

Next season they really need to edit what is clearly so much pointless dull filler in the episodes and get back to making a proper show again.

I don't know how many hours this season took but you could easily lose half and have a better season
Honestly, sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself this season was bad. In fact, you have 21 comments in this thread and not a single one is positive, do you even like the show?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Some very good moments, some frustrating moments and some moments that missed its mark.

Still no main characters dying and we all know that Max will be ok, they wouldn't fake out her dying twice only to kill her in the final season, thus making it all a bit shallow ultimately. Killing off Eddie seemed like a move of "we have to kill someone to make it dramatic". I get why they had to do it because they didnt want to attempt to explain to the viewers how they explained his innocence to the town but his death wasn't really necessary. Personally I don't think that worked. Enjoyed the majority of it though and putting aside the stupidity of thinking that the Government wouldnt have intervened immediately after the 'earthquake' occurred it's setup well for the final season. Glad they didnt kill Vecna, he's a very good villain.

I dunno about anyone else but if I was Dustin I don't think i'd be able to go back to normal after watching a friend die like that. Kids made of titanium.

lsd

The Oracle
Honestly, sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself this season was bad. In fact, you have 21 comments in this thread and not a single one is positive, do you even like the show?

No i liked it but it clearly had far too much filler in it.

Moby

Dick
Some very good moments, some frustrating moments and some moments that missed its mark.

Still no main characters dying and we all know that Max will be ok, they wouldn't fake out her dying twice only to kill her in the final season, thus making it all a bit shallow ultimately. Killing off Eddie seemed like a move of "we have to kill someone to make it dramatic". I get why they had to do it because they didnt want to attempt to explain to the viewers how they explained his innocence to the town but his death wasn't really necessary. Personally I don't think that worked. Enjoyed the majority of it though and putting aside the stupidity of thinking that the Government wouldnt have intervened immediately after the 'earthquake' occurred it's setup well for the final season. Glad they didnt kill Vecna, he's a very good villain.

I dunno about anyone else but if I was Dustin I don't think i'd be able to go back to normal after watching a friend die like that. Kids made of titanium.
Yeah this was as good a time to kill someone given how chaotic it got but then for me this show is like a typical shonun anime where main characters never die or get 'critically wounded' at max. That gun but showing out of nowhere was one of the most interesting moments for me thinking he might just wake up max or do something that completely sends the plan into a different direction (like if he shot max there we have no idea what would have happened with both one and eleven insider her mind. Think that could have been a nice mindfeck twist but it's not that kinda show. They just kept fighting without even touching her and then they just gave us a final moment of that guy being cut in half. :lol:

Overall good enough ending but yeah nothing that made you go crazy. Basically very little aftermath aside from few injuries to Max. Again just like in any anime a fight for the end of the world is cut to sun coming out and everyone just chilling like nothing happened. :lol:

Oaencha

I was actually enjoying the fourth series. I’m now on episode 9. It’s fecking dreadful. I can’t understand how they have made it this bad.

reelworld

I was a bit fuming with the “2 Days later” bit, and then everyone like “feck me, bad earthquake that” but not to worry, there’s just a massive gate to ANOTHER feckING DIMENSION, but let’s make PB&J.

The bit with Max and Lucas, Joyce and Hopper and Hopper and El had more heart than Mike and El

I hope Eddie gets the justice he deserves, although why he went back into the Upside Down at all I don’t know, just climb out ffs
Yeah, basically Mike and Eleven is the worst pairing in the series.
About Eddie's death, I feel they couldn't kill Dustin bestfriend Steve as he's becoming too popular, so they killed Dustin other bestfriend before it got to that stage :lol:

I still can't believe how they sold the event as earthquake. What earthquake could turn the sky red? It's there for everybody to see

Roosney

I was actually enjoying the fourth series. I’m now on episode 9. It’s fecking dreadful. I can’t understand how they have made it this bad.
I feel exactly same about the whole season.
The five second flashbacks from earlier seasons ooze with class and emphasize how bad the show has become

Jev

Enjoyed particularly the last episode but it was definitely dragged down by the fact that there are just way too many plot lines and characters. None of them get the time and space to breathe, and that adds to the cheesiness of some of the writing, which was pretty bad at points in the finale. A bit more boldness in some of the choices would also have made it more impactful.

Overall, a very good season that deepened the lore and gave us some answers that were surprising yet meaningful. Not as tightly told as season 1 and 2 and quality-wise too uneven to surpass any of those but when it was good, it was very good, with Dear Billy as the highlight. It got me firmly hooked on the show again. Excited for season 5.

Unam333

Satisfying conclusion of the fourth season.

Still wanna see Eleven demonstrates her newfound powers and kick the hell out of the bully.

Btw, the last two episodes of season 4 is your typical Stranger Things season ending. Every season ends on a high, the gang getting together, lots of monster fighting, Eleven doing her thing, a twist at the end. I always find every season's finale a bit over the top and less interesting than the regular episodes. This year was no different and I'm okay with that.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Btw, the last two episodes of season 4 is your typical Stranger Things season ending. Every season ends on a high, the gang getting together, lots of monster fighting, Eleven doing her thing, a twist at the end. I always find every season's finale a bit over the top and less interesting than the regular episodes. This year was no different and I'm okay with that.
I thought it was quite a bit different this time. They didn’t get them all back together to fight and more importantly El didn’t win. Max is at worst completely brain dead consumed by vector or at best blind. And the town has been destroyed. She lost. Badly. And his plan worked.

Honestly don’t get the “too much filler” argument at all. Those last two episodes could have been a series in itself. So much happened in them and the pace was too hectic to take everything in. It’s definitely epic, it definitely held my attention, it had some incredible moments with some incredible direction/acting and it left me wanting more - but I still don’t know what to think about it as a whole. It just didn’t give any time to breathe.

I think all the hype and buildup around who was going to die didn’t help it - splitting it up into two may have been great for Netflix but it wasn’t good for the series. I also think what they did to Max completely negates the emotional impact of episode 4. Happy Steve is fine though - I would have switched it off in disgust otherwise :lol:

Unam333

I thought it was quite a bit different this time. They didn’t get them all back together to fight and more importantly El didn’t win. Max is at worst completely brain dead consumed by vector or at best blind. And the town has been destroyed. She lost. Badly. And his plan worked.
Season 4's finale definitely has a darker atmosphere and a less tranquil conclusion compared with season 1-3.
Actually, El did "win" in season 4 as she managed to save herself and her friends from Vector/Henry/One. However, like previous seasons, El's wins were temporarily as the group only delayed the inevitable.

Honestly don’t get the “too much filler” argument at all. Those last two episodes could have been a series in itself. So much happened in them and the pace was too hectic to take everything in. It’s definitely epic, it definitely held my attention, it had some incredible moments with some incredible direction/acting and it left me wanting more - but I still don’t know what to think about it as a whole. It just didn’t give any time to breathe.
I actually like "fillers" and the banter. Like you said, it gives you some breathing space. Fillers especially give the writers time to develop the characters. I mean, I didn't give a damn about Eleven's papa, Argyle, Eddie and Billie when they were first introduced, but
Eddie's death scene in the last episode hit me hard.
About Eleven's papa..
I felt his death was quite emotional, I actually like that character weirdly enough

So, when season 5 will be released? Do we need to wait another 2 years?

Last edited:

phelans shorts

he had been saying how he didn’t want to be a deadbeat like his dad when he hotwired the camper in episode 8, and obviously he’d tended to run away when the going got tough. He decided to do what he felt was for the greater good and ended up paying the price.

That combined with Dustin’s chat with his dad worked really well. A decent character has gone in a way that made a lot of sense and was definitely powerful.

I really enjoyed that. Bit cheesy at times but no problem with that. Definitely think it stuck the landing as the best season yet.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I enjoyed the 2 shows for the most part. I wont linger on the issues I have with them because who's wants that.

I did like the scene involving Will and Johnathan though. Much needed brotherly love there and it was executed really well.

lsd

The Oracle
Jonathan showing up at the end acting like he had just saved the world while sneering at Steve despite doing absolutely nothing of note throughout the season was a bit weird. Hopefully he will get killed off quick next season

Jerch

For me it was the best season so far. There is a reason that it had 3 of the best rated episodes in the whole series with Dear Billy ranked at 9,5, The Massacre at Hawkins lab at 9,6 and The piggyback at 9,4 based on IMDB.

Saying that the split in 2 volumes didn't helped since it came after the best episode and after the big reveal and the hype was incredible.
That first scene where Vecna was showing Nancy the future was great and it gave me hope the hype is real but then the rest of the 8th episode killed a lot of hype for me. I know it was necessary to show how El escaped the Nina facility and how Russian team came back for the final showdown but it should be done in quicker way not dragging it for 1,5 hour.

But then came 9th episode and at first I thought that not coming together and fighting in different places will not work as a good ending but it did worked spectacularly. That emotional rollercoaster was great. Vecna showing that he felt everything and saw everyone no matter where they are was scary. Also i think Duffer brothers intentionally talked about deathcount to trick us in believing they will all die in the middle of of the fight. At least it fooled me.

Also at first Eddies dead seemed pointless but thinking back if he wouldn't do it bats would go after him and Dustin into real world and killed both so he did sacrificed himself for a reason.

led_scholes

Overall, I enjoyed the season. The last episode had only one disappointing moment;

Why do the villains always make their enemies "watch and suffer"? It's been done so many times and its a killjoy. I hoped for a bit more creativity. I would also hope that we could see a flashback of half an hour of 001 in upside down

phelans shorts

Overall, I enjoyed the season. The last episode had only one disappointing moment;

Why do the villains always make their enemies "watch and suffer"? It's been done so many times and its a killjoy. I hoped for a bit more creativity. I would also hope that we could see a flashback of half an hour of 001 in upside down
it is a bit of an overdone trope, sure, but it isn’t like it’s daft. Lots of real life horrible people want to make their victims suffer, and for purposes of tv it’s their weakness in that the hero gets the opportunity to rally while they’re wasting time. My guess if I were writing is that he will be more cut throat next season because he’s learned from his mistakes.

I think we all (I definitely do at times) forget what this show is and who it’s aimed at, primarily because it’s largely been very good. Personally for instance I didn’t enjoy season 3 (I wasn’t going to watch season 4 until I saw how well received it was in the large), but when I look at it again and remember that the target audience is more your Gen Z kids who in the large aren’t overtly aware of what we see as tropes having seen it hundreds of times.

I definitely expect that we’ll see a lot more of Vecna in the upside down next season while they try to work out how to stop him once and for all.

wr8_utd

:'(

I've not been critical of the season and really enjoyed it but this bit is so true. The amount of nonsense this season (till episode 8 atleast) that could easily have been trashed is astonishing.

Guy Incognito

Well surely the whole town can't be oblivious to what is happening now what with the earthquake and that ending.

lsd

The Oracle
I've not been critical of the season and really enjoyed it but this bit is so true. The amount of nonsense this season (till episode 8 atleast) that could easily have been trashed is astonishing.

That's my only problem with the season and sadly it's a big one as it wasted your time and takes away from the overall story.

I firmly believe if episodes lasted an hour then it would have been a fantastic season instead of a good one with just too much filler we didn't need.

I'm not even taking so much about whole storylines although there were a couple of them we didn't need so much off but even certain scenes where they overdid it by making the scene last a lot longer than they needed.

It only results in ruining the suspense as you start to go why are they doing this?

Oaencha

I feel exactly same about the whole season.
The five second flashbacks from earlier seasons ooze with class and emphasize how bad the show has become
Living through it I like the 80s nostalgia. The writing has just been shot to shite. Everyone has forgotten how to act and their acting wasn’t great anyway:

Sylar

Fantastic season. Really enjoyed those last two EPs especially the final one. Vecna has been a great villain and I enjoyed how the different storylines merged

Some of the characters I didn't care about much this season, however I liked the few character moments from them (including will and Jonathan scene)

The moment where
max' body started bending back was a woah moment
Her delivery of not wanting to die yet was great too

Looking forward to the next and final season.

Godfather

Somehow can't get really invested in this season. A lot of crying, a lot of dialogue about feck all. Some good moments but a lot of nothing in between. They stretched out the episode length for zero content really. Also some of the characters are getting more and more tedious. Will does nothing but look depressed in every episode. Mike too does nothing but whinge.

Much prefer The Boys to this.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good fun but this season was too long & predictable. The cast has become too big.

They should’ve killed some of the characters. Eddie’s death alone did nothing for me, barely knew him. Max should’ve died at the cemetery & one of the 3 who attacked Vecna at the end could’ve perished too. Just felt like we were presented by this super powerful villain but there was no real threat of the kids dying at any point after Max escaped.

Sylar

Deaths of characters don't make for better story telling or increasing the threat of a villain. Good story telling does that.

Not every show needs to be GoT. Some cliches are fine (like somebody dying just before they reveal something important). Again it all depends on story

Andy_Cole

Deaths of characters don't make for better story telling or increasing the threat of a villain. Good story telling does that.

Not every show needs to be GoT. Some cliches are fine (like somebody dying just before they reveal something important). Again it all depends on story
Agreed

flameinthesun

Agree 100%. Its pretty much people being sold an apple and then complaining that it doesnt taste like an orange.

phelans shorts

Good fun but this season was too long & predictable. The cast has become too big.

They should’ve killed some of the characters. Eddie’s death alone did nothing for me, barely knew him. Max should’ve died at the cemetery & one of the 3 who attacked Vecna at the end could’ve perished too. Just felt like we were presented by this super powerful villain but there was no real threat of the kids dying at any point after Max escaped.
did Max really escape in the end? She’s seemingly brain dead and crippled even if she’s surely going to be important in next seasons big face off.

After watching the finale I’m even more adamant that they nailed the ending of episode 4 than I was previously, and I already thought that her death there would have been a really bad call.

And again, I’m not against someone from the cast being offed, just it’s pointless doing it to the one who can act and make people care about those big scenes.

It’s also not like the super villain was defeated either. He’ll be back, we all know he isn’t gone. He got exactly what he wanted in the end with the opening of the gates