Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

Sylar

I'm more laughing at the 'they need to kill more major characters '

UncleBob

It’s fairly interesting to see that people with shite opinions about football think season 4 was shit.

wr8_utd

:'(
I'm more laughing at the 'they need to kill more major characters '
It's not even deaths for the shock factor. The plot armor in this show is stronger than I've seen across most shows ever. The amount of times certain characters escape near death becomes a bit tiring.

Withnail

It's not even deaths for the shock factor. The plot armor in this show is stronger than I've seen across most shows ever. The amount of times certain characters escape near death becomes a bit tiring.
Yeah the plot armour went up to eleven (pardon the pun) but was totally expected. If it was a surprise more fool you.

Last edited:

wr8_utd

:'(
Yeah the plot armour ruby went up to eleven (pardon the pun) but was totally expected. If it was a surprise more fool you.
Yep, it's not a surprise anymore but you still hope they'd stop doing it as the series draws to a close.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Interesting insight on d&d Vecna

Interesting read.
Its good that they've continued down the theme of D&D and , from the outside, its looks like its kept firmly within the lore from two very informed and dedicated writers/directors.

Naturally we're all wondering where they take this and expand the world even more in the upcoming series, which I gather is the last.

Also, when is the series going to be set ? Will it be a straight up sequel to the previous series climax or are we going to see some time pass ?

Sylar

I didn't think they were in too bad a situation where them surviving was ridiculous.

the three in the house escaped because of something not to do with them.
Max actually died and is only alive due to eleven (and first time survived due to the music trick)
Eddie actually died by sacrificing himself
Lucas wasn't really in a bad position
And the guys with El weren't really in a position to die, pretty much through the season.
El was never gonna die and hasn't been in positions to die that her power can't get her out of

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You could certainly argue that Joyce, Hopper and Bauman had a good level of 'plot armour' in this season.

Dante

Average bang
The plot armour on Friends was even worse. At least Phoebe and Ross should have died in that show,

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The build up to the final part of that final episode was really cool. The guitar solo, the sword and hopper, Nancy and the shotgun. I know people will say they went for epic and it was cheesy, but cheesy can still be epic and it was.

I think Eddie was great too. Lots of charisma, got his story over well, and even though his reason for going back down was a little contrived, I thought it was a moving end and a fantastic send off for his character. Great stuff.

UncleBob

Nah, it would've been one of the most shocking scenes in TV show history -- in a good way. I really enjoy the character, but the impact her death would approach GoT levels of disbelief and outrage at a main character death. It would raise the stakes immensely for the final episodes and the final season. The whole "all main kids must live" narrative is making the show just a little less tense. Hoping a major character meets his or her demise in vol 2.
I love the confusion that killing characters simply for the shock is a good thing. Game of Thrones was turned into a shitfest because of it, it was refreshing to begin with but then it became the only thing Martin had to offer. it's poor writing when it only becomes a cheap trick, hardly a surprise that he's completely unable to finish more books.

Drifter

American
Best season so far in what has been one of the best TV series ever made. The last two episodes were so intense. Those moaning because no one major died may get their wish in season five.

Sylar

Deaths worked in GoT because early on (probably until s5) it was mostly consequences for something you did coming back at you. That was established pretty early (well cept Ramsay :lol:). They got away from that.

But here, its a completely different show. And its not Walking Dead levels of stupid with inconsistency around it. There hasnt (for me anyway) been an eye rolling scene of 'how did they get away with that'

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
But here, its a completely different show. And its not Walking Dead levels of stupid with inconsistency around it. There hasnt (for me anyway) been an eye rolling scene of 'how did they get away with that'
Even though it was a very cool visual, Hopper decapitating that Demogorgon all by himself was a bit much considering how easily all the other inmates were destroyed by it.

Sylar

Even though it was a very cool visual, Hopper decapitating that Demogorgon all by himself was a bit much considering how easily all the other inmates were destroyed by it.
The rest were shooting which had no affect. Chopping it made sense (well with a sharp sword)
Im ok with that for the show

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The plot armour on Friends was even worse. At least Phoebe and Ross should have died in that show,
Agreed, how many times did Ross survive confrontations with demons from the under realm and manage to survive plane crashes or even walk barefoot in the snow for miles. Phoebe was excellent at dodging all those Russian made bullets too. But fair to say that Friends was certainly in the horror genre and definitely a worthy comparison to this show because after all, both have characters and plots... I guess. I mean they managed to survive the awful acting in Friends so that's a takeaway I suppose.

Big Andy

Bloke
One thing that stuck out to me, at the end of one of the seasons, Mike and Lucas were horrible to Will about wanting to play D&D all the time. They fecked him off to California, and then joined a D&D club, the fecking snakes.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
One thing that stuck out to me, at the end of one of the seasons, Mike and Lucas were horrible to Will about wanting to play D&D all the time. They fecked him off to California, and then joined a D&D club, the fecking snakes.
Haha, yeah.
"Will, we're too old for this sh*t"
Hmm, seems not.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I didn't even think about that, that's pretty funny. Poor Will, basically written out of the season. Maybe they should have let him die.

Big Andy

Bloke
I didn't even think about that, that's pretty funny. Poor Will, basically written out of the season. Maybe they should have let him die.
It's not his fault he doesn't like girls, I suppose.

Lucas and Mike were just sniffing out the snatch, can't blame them for that.

Sylar

:lol: When you put it that way....

BeltUp

Supports
United
Started watching Piggyback last night and didn't check how long it was. Nearly 2 and a half hours! Had to switch it off when it got to the bit where they were making peanutbutter butties because I'd completely zoned out.

Big Andy

Bloke
I'm going to do a re-watch of the last 2 episodes over the next couple of nights so I can take it all in a bit better. Then I'll forget all about it for a couple of years until I do a re-watch from start to finish before S5 comes out.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm not a fan of the show and do not want to come in here shitting on it but having caught the last episode is there a general consensus that some of the grown-up kids aren't dealing so well with being asked for more range? The lad who plays Lucas and the girl who plays Max seemed good but I thought the scene with
Mike's speech to Eleven in the bathtub that gives her the strength to overcome the villain was very poor.
I also don't think Dustin and Will have much about them either. I could be misjudging them or being unfair given I don't have a fan's connection to the characters but the central cast of kids seem a mixed bag to me.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
That moment involving Mike and Eleven was the show's The Abyss moment. The reference was so on the nose :lol:

Sylar

I'm not a fan of the show and do not want to come in here shitting on it but having caught the last episode is there a general consensus that some of the grown-up kids aren't dealing so well with being asked for more range? The lad who plays Lucas and the girl who plays Max seemed good but I thought the scene with
Mike's speech to Eleven in the bathtub that gives her the strength to overcome the villain was very poor.
I also don't think Dustin and Will have much about them either. I could be misjudging them or being unfair given I don't have a fan's connection to the characters but the central cast of kids seem a mixed bag to me.
Dustin has been great

Will seems to have been asked to just cry. But his scene with his brother was really good I thought

Mike has been mostly meh.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I still think Steve and Nancy is going to happen. Sorry, Jonathan.

Max was the standout this season.

Mike is annoying.

Steve, Nancy and Robin were great.

I liked Dustin and Eddie. It's tough for a new character to get introduced so late in a series but Eddie was great.

Dustin has been great

Will seems to have been asked to just cry. But his scene with his brother was really good I thought

Mike has been mostly meh.
Agree. That was a lovely scene. He needs to lose the bowl cut though.

RORY65

I thought the first part of this series (the first 7 episodes) were good and an improvement on the last couple of series even though every time they weren't with the group in Hawkins I just wanted them to get back to the group in Hawkins.

However I thought the last 2 episodes were just bad, the writing was really poor and the indulgence of making the episodes so long and the Duffer brothers not having to be disciplined to edit things down was shown up as not being a good thing.

reelworld

My man Murray was barbequing it from above before that point. The Demogorgon wasn't it full fighting condition. And it made a cool scene!