Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Anyone get the die hard ref?

Edit. Just realised that die hard was 88.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Really enjoyed it.

I’m guessing the main theory is Hopper jumped into the upside down? You could tell when he had a little glance at it.

Sanche7

I really liked their representation of Billy's mind. The good memories are remembered in vivid details while the bad memories are unclear, as if they are being suppressed. Billy is shown as the villain throughout, but when El sees his memories, we see that he too was an innocent child once and how his upbringing made him what he has become, how there is good in everyone. For me, that was one of the best representations of a person's mind I've ever seen.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
You can't compare the 2 shows. Dark is probably one of the most intelligent and complicated series ever made.
Stranger things is very good fun. I suggest you finish the series, from episode 3-4 on, it's all about the supernatural and horror. I think it was ace.
Yea that's what I'm thinking given the reviews here, that it will get better later on. Will try to finish it.

Spoony

The People's President
You can't compare the 2 shows. Dark is probably one of the most intelligent and complicated series ever made.
Stranger things is very good fun. I suggest you finish the series, from episode 3-4 on, it's all about the supernatural and horror. I think it was ace.

Dark has become very silly. At least it's not Lost-type randomness though.

Oldyella

“And for the love of god, leave the door open 3 inches”
ooo. I like that, if they meant it that's great foreshadowing. I'm sure he's alive one way or the other though. Either that or kidnapped by the escaping Russians.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Really enjoyed it.

I’m guessing the main theory is Hopper jumped into the upside down? You could tell when he had a little glance at it.
That's what I first thought too but then mid credits scene indicated otherwise.
American in Russian custody

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Five episodes in and it's great. Perfect blend of nostalgia and fun.

Could honestly watch a spin-off just about the ice-cream team. Steve and Dustin are easily the show's best two characters and Erica and Robin were great additions.

Also is Millie BB supposed to be that wooden or is she just a shite actress? I swear she was better when she didn't say anything.

Parma Dewol

Finished it last night and loved it. The whole show just oozes fun and has such an awesome vibe about it. Best watched with the volume turned up in order to maximise the cracking '80s tunes and that gorgeous synth.

I normally struggle with young on-screen characters as the acting often seems a little, shall we say, under-developed (maybe I'm still scarred from Ed Furlong's "Time out! Time out! Stop the bike!") but I think all the kids in Stranger Things do a fantastic job. Helps that they're anchored by great characters played by Winona Ryder and David Harbour, and they all seem to gel so well.

The NeverEnding Story singalong was cheesy as can be, yet all the more glorious for it. Cracked me up when Lucas and Max were taking the p*** out of Dustin near the end.

Hopper can't be gone! Please let him be the American in that Russian cell, or as others have said, maybe he's in the Upside Down?

Overall great fun and highly recommended. My one reservation is that I'd have preferred Season 3 to have been released in the Autumn. Just didn't feel right watching Stranger Things when it's still light out; be sure to close the curtains, this show's best in the dark.

MadMike

Robin >>> Nancy

Could I get away with copying Steve's hair? What a mane.
didn’t help him much though did it. She was batting for the other side.

She’s very pretty but she looks so much like Uma it freaks me out.

Sanche7

didn’t help him much though did it. She was batting for the other side.

She’s very pretty but she looks so much like Uma it freaks me out.
True, she looks very much like Uma Thurman
Was crazy about Natalia Dyer but this season she looks weird.

Carolina Red

Staff
That's what I first thought too but then mid credits scene indicated otherwise.
American in Russian custody
It still could be that he jumped in. The credits scene is set months later. The Russians coulda gone in and got him or he could have come out on their end somehow.

onemanarmy

Dark has become very silly. At least it's not Lost-type randomness though.
I haven't seen the second season, that's up next.

It still could be that he jumped in. The credits scene is set months later. The Russians coulda gone in and got him or he could have come out on their end somehow.
I think he has. He jumped in, the Russians have managed to open the gate, got the beast-thing and found him on the other side.

evil_geko

I guess I am one of the rare that liked Season 2 more than this, pretty disappointing for me. Season 1 still head and shoulders above both though.

Irrational.

Just finished this. Was really enjoyable, and had some awesome moments. I'm sure they even had a GoT tribute in there. :lol:

Best show this year by a distance. Even the knock off Terminator villain was cheesy but had some great nostalgia.

If you didn't tear up towards the end, you're not human.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I went into this season a bit negative thinking it had maybe run its course and would start to decline but I couldn’t have been more wrong. I thought it was excellently done. Every arc was interesting and connected nicely, the humour was on point again and some of the new/side characters were great (relationship between Murray and Alexei).

Only a couple things I didn’t like. Mainly the Terminator style Russian was a bit one note and also a lot of ‘protagonist throws’ from the villains.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I went into this season a bit negative thinking it had maybe run its course and would start to decline but I couldn’t have been more wrong. I thought it was excellently done. Every arc was interesting and connected nicely, the humour was on point again and some of the new/side characters were great (relationship between Murray and Alexei).

Only a couple things I didn’t like. Mainly the Terminator style Russian was a bit one note and also a lot of ‘protagonist throws’ from the villains.
Aye, considering he ended up playing quite a prominent role in Hopper's story and got a lot of screentime some proper development would've been nice.

Nickosaur

God damn that season was great. I was actually one of those who thought Season 2 was pretty good - but this was one so far ahead in every way. And I think there is a lot they can do in season 4 with the russians.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Oh and the product placement thing. Ive been thinking about it, and it might be taking the piss out of mac and me. Mac and me was an ET rip off, that is most notable for its heavy handed product placement of mcdoanlds and coke. Heres a clip if you arent familiar.

Love Mac and me! The product placement was ridiculous. The dad alien was called Big Mac ffs :lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Great season, loved it. I knew that I knew Robin from somewhere, figured it out once I've checked filmweb for who she was :lol:. The only thing that annoyed me was Erica, Christ I know that it was supposed to be like that so probably props to the kid for managing the acting arc but the cartoonish portrayal of your stereotypical black woman was just too much for me. She was fecking annoying instead of being funny most of the time.

The ending got me teary though, very difficult to watch

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm 4 episodes in and every scene with the cokehead and the anorexic is a complete drag. They seemed to have shoehorned them in with more or less the same sub plot as last season.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The season has been broadcasted since a week. Why the feck are you guys still using spoilers?
Anyways great season. The Nancy Drew arc was weak though. Her and Jonathan are the obvious weak links in the show.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Good season, better than last one mainly because fresh storyline of the scoop-troopers.
  • Robin character was a great addition and the arc was a welcome departure from the now worn out threat of the same evil from S1.
  • I thought even the adults' storyline was mostly rubbish. It exposed no new information since we already knew of Russian involvement via scoop squad storyline and it was only played up to push the terminator style villain chasing them.
  • Eleven centred arc had its moment but got too repetitive. Every fight sequence devolved to her coming in at the last moment to throw the monster away. I am surprised they did not choose to go with people being possessed by the evil like Billy as the main threat this season alongside Russians. Also would be have been better if their arc converged with Russian one much earlier with a reunion with Steve and co.
  • Ending was ok. Not a fan of big character death fake outs. Either make these moments count or don't try to pretend otherwise. I wonder if we will see a time jump before the next season.
What works most for Stranger Things is the season length. Just 8-9 episodes means it is not big time commitment and you are able to brush past boring elements.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The season has been broadcasted since a week. Why the feck are you guys still using spoilers?
Anyways great season. The Nancy Drew arc was weak though. Her and Jonathan are the obvious weak links in the show.
Am honestly constantly surprised at how much telly you cnuts seem to watch. I’m just 4 episodes in and I’ve watched more tv than usual over the last week as I’ve got an injury which stops me doing some of my usual hobbies/exercise. Don’t any of ye do other stuff in the evenings? Or watch other tv shows?

Hammerfell

Am honestly constantly surprised at how much telly you cnuts seem to watch. I’m just 4 episodes in and I’ve watched more tv than usual over the last week as I’ve got an injury which stops me doing some of my usual hobbies/exercise. Don’t any of ye do other stuff in the evenings? Or watch other tv shows?
It's not a lot, gramps.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Just finished S3, I found it very entertaining and loved the several nods to some classic 80's movies.

Ainu

Just finished it and didn't really enjoy it. I enjoyed season 2 more than this, I think I'm just getting a bit tired of it. It's disappointing, as I was such a massive fan of the first season.

The forced sadfest at the end just didn't do it for me, I was begging it to end. And then the cliffhanger just made me go "oh god when is it going to end?". It's at that point where it crosses the border of milking it for me personally. And I have to say, once again Jonathan and Nancy's storyline is the absolute worst. That's two seasons in a row they've struggled and failed to give them interesting stuff to do.

kps88

They need to start killing off some characters. I vote Jonathan. I don't feel any tension whenever the monster is chasing someone. Everyone always being saved at the last second is getting old.