Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is a very good program.

It has its flaws, as do most things, but overall it's very good.

dellboyy

Yeah this was one of the best shows i've seen in a long while, just the right mix of sci-fi and horror for my tastes, and the 80's nostalgia just made it that bit more special!

AkaAkuma

I'm enjoying it, its the perfect hashing together of Koontz, King and 80s adventure films, but it feels a little too contrived for me.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Watched the first 2 episodes. It's weird but that's good. Feels not too serious, but also has it's creepy moments. Music is brilliant.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Finished this last night. May sound dramatic but I think this is the best TV show of its genre I have ever seen. Every episode is amazing.

Art Vandelay

Finished this last night. May sound dramatic but I think this is the best TV show of its genre I have ever seen. Every episode is amazing.
I'd agree with you. Although I'm not 100% sure which genre to put it in, the only show that seems almost similar and I enjoyed nearly as much as Twin Peaks.

Zen

I'm not entirely what genre you are throwing it in, but a lot are saying watch if you like say X-Files, Buffy, Twin Peaks...mildly fair comparisons, and well three vastly superior shows. Bit odd seeing some of the insane feedback this is getting when something like Mr Robot, which is borderline elite level, is airing and going partially unnoticed still.

This is far too safe and cliche to be classic for me. A good consistent run, I hope they take some risks next year.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm not entirely what genre you are throwing it in, but a lot are saying watch if you like say X-Files, Buffy, Twin Peaks...mildly fair comparisons, and well three vastly superior shows. Bit odd seeing some of the insane feedback this is getting when something like Mr Robot, which is borderline elite level, is airing and going partially unnoticed still.

This is far too safe and cliche to be classic for me. A good consistent run, I hope they take some risks next year.
Nah I disagree. I've watched X-Files and Twin Peaks both recently and Xfiles in particular has aged very, very badly. Twin Peaks is glorious and Buffy... well... no comment.

Personally I loved this show. I'm not too keen on the idea of it going into a second season though, I think it's pretty much perfect the way it is and i'm not sure how much further they can stretch it without it being a bit absurd.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Mr. Robot isnt 'borderline elite'

Runner

Mr. Robot isnt 'borderline elite'
I'd rate it that highly. It's a fantastic show and one of my all time favourites.

Stranger Things was really well made and enjoyed it a lot. Hope they go ahead with a second season.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
R.U.N.
Now I get ya.

They are going ahead with season 2 and it'll be a sequel...

http://www.slashfilm.com/stranger-things-season-two/

Great on one hand but the kids could shoot up in a year and lose all their charm.
Changing actors and having them as teens might be a good way to do it, but I've not finished this season so that might not work. Although the children are really good actors, specially the one that plays Eleven. She also fits the character perfectly with her weird look. I've never seen anyone that looks neither male or female as much as her.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Now I get ya.

Changing actors and having them as teens might be a good way to do it, but I've not finished this season so that might not work. Although the children are really good actors, specially the one that plays Eleven. She also fits the character perfectly with her weird look. I've never seen anyone that looks neither male or female as much as her.
To be fair, having your head shaved like that does make you look a bit like a boy at that age given they haven't hit puberty. She was a incredible though, they all were to be fair but hers was by far the hardest character to portray.

littlepeasoup

Really loved it!!! It's like an early Spielberg that's also 8 hours long. A mix of Jaws, ET, the Goonies and Stephen King at his best, without being overly self-referencial or too on the nose.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
To be fair, having your head shaved like that does make you look a bit like a boy at that age given they haven't hit puberty. She was a incredible though, they all were to be fair but hers was by far the hardest character to portray.
Yeah the actress playing Eleven was brilliant, so much finesse to her acting.

Loved her expressions when they started making her wear a wig, she played it perfectly! :lol:

Big Andy

Bloke
So I watched this in one, long, sitting while working away stuck in a hotel...

Loved it...really well made, good story, didn't lose its focus, or descend into shitness...

The lad that played Lucas cracked me up, with his bandana, and the fact he looked like he was about 35 years old...oh, and "EAT SHIT"...

Dustin stole it for me though, proper cracked me up with his toothless voice...

Giggs86

Great show, highly recommended! Only 8 episodes but one of the best I've seen in that genre.

Giggs86

So I watched this in one, long, sitting while working away stuck in a hotel...

Loved it...really well made, good story, didn't lose its focus, or descend into shitness...

The lad that played Lucas cracked me up, with his bandana, and the fact he looked like he was about 35 years old...oh, and "EAT SHIT"...

Dustin stole it for me though, proper cracked me up with his toothless voice...
Lucas referring to his military equipment as from 'nam', as if he's a middle aged veteran. And Dustin's usage of the world 'mental' cracked me up.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Also...Barb...gotta love Barb...
Nobody really seemed to give a shit about Barb... poor Barb. Nancy was a bit sad and that was about it. It was refreshing to see a character who was the clever girl with morals get killed first though. Normally it's the teenagers fecking that get killed in the horror genre.

AgentP

Loved the music too. Netflix are killing it with their original series!

Btw, is Eleven dead or we can hope for her return in the next season(if there is one)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Loved the music too. Netflix are killing it with their original series!

Btw, is Eleven dead or we can hope for her return in the next season(if there is one)
Hopper going to that box with a bunch of Eggo waffles is about as clear as you can get to her being alive but stuck on the other side.

Also for anyone interested (please note spoilers below... so only click once finished...)

https://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/...n&ref=bffbmain&utm_term=.vtjb8kW6V#.qeE0YzElJ

reelworld

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
A very good series, watched it with the Mrs over 48 hours, anyone out there still on the fence trying it? Absolutely give it a go.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Watched the pilot yesterday and I love it already. No really outstanding scene so far however it's got a great flow and is an extremely enjoyable watch.

Panther

Been watching the entire series in the past day and it is brilliant. It's just a shame that it's only 8 episodes long and I can't watch more of it.

Rudie

Mentary
Just finished it, really good! Lots of unanswered questions though, was wondering how they'd leave it for another series. Really good.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Kept thinking of this when the kids were running around shouting "Eleven!"

And I loved the fact that the parents of the toothless and the black kid didn't even bother to show up at the hospital in the end :lol:

Brilliant show, quite possibly the best this year (tied with Horace & Pete for me). One very slight criticism that I've got is that it lacks something truly innovative - it's shot by the book, hence the brilliantly done atmosphere of the 80's, and we're seeing the best representative of the genre and not the breakthrough work. Still, enjoyed it massively.