Straylan and Kiwi politics

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW had163 cases with 45 in the community yesterday. Not good. Gladys still refusing to properly lock Sydney down.

RK

And now trying to guilt-trip / antagonize other states into giving us more of their vaccines. In the short term I hope they don't.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
And now trying to guilt-trip / antagonize other states into giving us more of their vaccines. In the short term I hope they don't.
As if a bit more Pfizer would suppress an outbreak

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
They enjoyed shitting on Victoria last year.

The sheer nerve of these self serving shitc**ts. They want extra jabs then Ring of Steel around Sydney and a strict lockdown.

No more bullshit, no more excuses

WPMUFC

Thousand poor into the streets for an anti-lockdown protest.

NSW has officially given up...and lost their minds.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Thousand poor into the streets for an anti-lockdown protest.

NSW has officially given up...and lost their minds.
There is a chance to get it under control but so many dont seem to understand. Saw on the news the protestors chanting for freedum

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW had 141 new cases yesterday with nearly half infectious in the community off the back of record testing that exceeded 100k tests yesterday. One family is responsible fro 28 of those infections after ignoring public health orders and mixing households after a bereavement.

2 more deaths with one a woman in her 30's with no underlying health conditions.

About 30 charged after yesterday's illegal protests including 2 utter cnuts who attacked police horses. Lots more to follow I'd say as most weren't wearing masks and there is huge public outrage most will get dobbed in. About 160 $1000 fines were also handed out with more to follow as there are 22 detectives hunting these wankers down. I really hope it doesn't turn into a superspreader event.

Last edited:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
NSW had 141 new cases yesterday with nearly half infectious in the community off the back of record testing that exceeded 100k tests yesterday. One family is responsible fro 28 of those infections after ignoring public health orders and mixing households after a bereavement.

2 more deaths with one a woman in her 30's with no underlying health conditions.

About 30 charged after yesterday's illegal protests including 2 utter cnuts who attacked police horses. Lots more to follow I'd say as most weren't wearing masks and there is huge public outrage most will get dobbed in. About 160 $1000 fines were also handed out with more to follow as there are 22 detectives hunting these wankers down. I really hope it doesn't turn into a superspreader event.
Wibble do you think this can be brought under control? I have an awful feeling there is a chance the horse has bolted, I really hope not. All the best to you and the family.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Wibble do you think this can be brought under control? I have an awful feeling there is a chance the horse has bolted, I really hope not. All the best to you and the family.
I think it can but it might take a harder lockdown than we currently have. I think we need to totally separate Sydney from the rest of the state and maybe some LGA's need to get the ring of steel approach as well. The concern is that Gladys is a Liberal at heart so doesn't want to.

We are fine thanks mate. We are both fully immunised now so will have great immunity in the next couple of weeks and can continue to work from home. My son is immunised and still in the US and his Uni still have fairly restrictive regulations as well so he should be fine.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Our vaccination rate continues to lag with only 38% of the population over 16 having had at least one shot but 16% of over 16s are fully vaccinated.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I think it can but it might take a harder lockdown than we currently have. I think we need to totally separate Sydney from the rest of the state and maybe some LGA's need to get the ring of steel approach as well. The concern is that Gladys is a Liberal at heart so doesn't want to.

We are fine thanks mate. We are both fully immunised now so will have great immunity in the next couple of weeks and can continue to work from home. My son is immunised and still in the US and his Uni still have fairly restrictive regulations as well so he should be fine.
The biggest problem for this stupid government is that they need the infectious areas of Sydney for The next election… I doubt we will get a ring of steel around them. Really it should have happened a week ago.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The biggest problem for this stupid government is that they need the infectious areas of Sydney for The next election… I doubt we will get a ring of steel around them. Really it should have happened a week ago.
Sadly I agree.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW 145 new cases with 50% at least partially in the community. Families mixing households against advice the main driver.

Another 100+ people charged or fined after the protests atvthe weekend. 10,000 reports to Crimestoppers still to be worked through.

mariachi-19

NSW 145 new cases with 50% at least partially in the community. Families mixing households against advice the main driver.

Another 100+ people charged or fined after the protests atvthe weekend. 10,000 reports to Crimestoppers still to be worked through.
fecking Gladys, stop fecking around and lock down western Sydney. These stupid cnuts are too mentally deficient to understand what stay at home means so it’s time to play hard ball. Ring of Steel up and lock them in.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
fecking Gladys, stop fecking around and lock down western Sydney. These stupid cnuts are too mentally deficient to understand what stay at home means so it’s time to play hard ball. Ring of Steel up and lock them in.
172 new cases today with Western Sydney rather than the SW now the focus. 60 of those were in the community for the whole of their infectious period, 19 partially and 30 still under investigation.

Vic lockdown to end tonight and border with NSW shut tighter.

A few people I know in their 30's are now opting to get the AZ vaccine. Probably sensible with the chance of getting covid and seriously ill is now far higher than the chance of getting a clot from AZ.

Last edited:

mariachi-19

172 new cases today with Western Sydney rather than the SW now the focus. 60 of those were in the community for the whole of their infectious period, 19 partially and 30 still under investigation.

Vic lockdown to end tonight and border with NSW shut tighter.

A few people I know in their 30's are now opting to get the AZ vaccine. Probably sensible with the chance of getting covid and seriously ill is now far higher than the chance of getting a clot from AZ.
Im starting to head that way.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
They really are screwing over the rest of Australia by not locking down quickly. If they just had some hard and fast lock downs, and then actually complied, they would have been back to normal by now. Really is frustrating that the approach is so political as well.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW locked down for anither 4 weeks minimum. Stricter regulations in the hardest hit LGA's but released slightly elsewhere as construction workers can return to work.

NSW had 177 local Covid-19 cases overnight with at least 46 active in the community but probably far more as over 60 are as yet unconfirmed.

A single congregation of people due to a bereavement that mixed households against health orders has now resulted in over 50 infections. Shows how infectious Delta is.

mariachi-19

NSW locked down for anither 4 weeks minimum. Stricter regulations in the hardest hit LGA's but released slightly elsewhere as construction workers can return to work.

NSW had 177 local Covid-19 cases overnight with at least 46 active in the community but probably far more as over 60 are as yet unconfirmed.

A single congregation of people due to a bereavement that mixed households against health orders has now resulted in over 50 infections. Shows how infectious Delta is.
Shows how fecking stupid the NSW Government has been regarding the shutdown especially in western Sydney. Today’s lockdown conditions should have occurred 3 weeks ago.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
And now well over 200 cases today with only 1/3 fully isolating and another 1/3 under investigation.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
170 NSW cases today with 52 infectious in the community and 93 under investigation (so maybe far higher). Seems like people in Western Sydney are not always coming forward when sick for fear of getting into trouble (maybe mixed households against health orders). So some people are presenting to hospital very sick and in some cases just dying at home :(

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Police have shut down a huge part of Central Sydney to all traffic to try to restrict any repeat of last weekend's protests. 1000+ cops roaming the city centre. Harbor bridge and tunnel.are closed.

NSW had over 100k tests yesterday that found 210 new cases, with the vast majority in Western and SW Sydney. Only 21 infectious in the community but I'd bet many are still under investigation so it could be much higher. It also sounds like poor compliance with health orders is one driver, combined with more multigenerational families in a single dwelling in the worst hit areas.

And #scottyfrommarketing has said we will open up internal restrictions for vaccinated people when 70% of adults are vaccinated and international travel for Aussies when we have 80% vaccinated.

We are only at 14.5% of adults now so there goes my trip to California in November and any chance of having my son home for Christmas for the first time in 2 years.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Protests didn't happen - a good win for the police.

Not so good is 239 new cases in NSW and a new outbreak (and instant lockdown) in Qld - an escape from a quarantine hotel as yet not fully traced.

WPMUFC

Protests didn't happen - a good win for the police.

Not so good is 239 new cases in NSW and a new outbreak (and instant lockdown) in Qld - an escape from a quarantine hotel as yet not fully traced.

NSW: 222 in hospital, 54 in ICU and 25 on ventilators
13 people in their 20-30s in hospital. Get vaccinated as soon as you can.

Models:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW: 222 in hospital, 54 in ICU and 25 on ventilators
13 people in their 20-30s in hospital. Get vaccinated as soon as you can.

Models:

Happy that I was fully vaccinated nearly 2 weeks ago. I know a few people in their 30's now getting vaccinated with AZ so hopefully we can get the rate up as we have lots of AZ.

WPMUFC

Happy that I was fully vaccinated nearly 2 weeks ago. I know a few people in their 30's now getting vaccinated with AZ so hopefully we can get the rate up as we have lots of AZ.
I received AZ before the clot stuff came out. I'm 32, my bro is 29 with life long asthma, my mum is late 60's and mum lives with me after my dad died. The selfishness of these people just infuriating. Before the vaccine I lived every day hoping that I didn't get infected because I would likely be responsible for the death of one, if not both of my remaining family members. It takes a mental toll.

This horde of "it's my right to infect people because MUH FREEDOMS" are just some of the worst humans ever.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I received AZ before the clot stuff came out. I'm 32, my bro is 29 with life long asthma, my mum is late 60's and mum lives with me after my dad died. The selfishness of these people just infuriating. Before the vaccine I lived every day hoping that I didn't get infected because I would likely be responsible for the death of one, if not both of my remaining family members. It takes a mental toll.

This horde of "it's my right to infect people because MUH FREEDOMS" are just some of the worst humans ever.
Totally agree. I'm in my 50's and we booked in for AZ the moment we were eligible.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
207 new cases in NSW with 51 infectious in the community and 46 still under investigation - the later figures are good news imo.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Most states seem to be heading towards elimination again. NSW still hovering at more or less steady suppression. The numbers are more or less steady but still far too many infectious in the community.
  • NSW has recorded 199 new cases in this cluster
  • At least 82 of those people were in the community for all or part of their infectious period
  • 47 of the 199 cases are still under investigation

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW 233 cases with 47 infectious in the community and 73 stull under investigation. 2 more deaths including a 20 year old isolating at home :(
QLD 17 locally acquired cases mostly traced so hopefully they are under control.

WPMUFC

NSW 233 cases with 47 infectious in the community and 73 stull under investigation. 2 more deaths including a 20 year old isolating at home :(
QLD 17 locally acquired cases mostly traced so hopefully they are under control.
reports the 27 year old was monitored at home every day and then...just died with no warning other than "general fatigue". feck COVID.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
262 new cases today and the Hunter region has now been locked down as well. If it gets out of Sydney too much we will need a state wide lock down and I don't know if Gladys has the balls for that. Which makes me nervous. 5 deaths and none were fully vaccinated - 1 had had their first shot.

Sounds like the Hunter outbreak might be due to an illegal beach party attended by people from Sydney.

16 cases in Qld and all traced so maybe still ok?

mariachi-19

262 new cases today and the Hunter region has now been locked down as well. If it gets out of Sydney too much we will need a state wide lock down and I don't know if Gladys has the balls for that. Which makes me nervous. 5 deaths and none were fully vaccinated - 1 had had their first shot.

Sounds like the Hunter outbreak might be due to an illegal beach party attended by people from Sydney.

16 cases in Qld and all traced so maybe still ok?
Pissing me off that people still can’t follow basic rules.

I made the expensive decision to invest in a weights set today as I don’t think we’ll be hitting a gym any time soon. Not sure if I keep them in my car on my lock up but it’s the better part of $400 just to get a basic setup. Scomo better payout for that jab

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
291 new cases in NSW with at least 50 infectious in the community. Elsewhere seems to be under control.

And covidiot of the day goes to some bloke in Newcastle who texted his boss saying he had tested positive to get a day off. When the business when into lockdown, staff isolation and deep clean etc he came clean and has now beenarrested and charged.