Straylan and Kiwi politics

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Apparently a text message is sufficient to terminate a $90 billion deal with the French president… is scomo the biggest fecking moron?
The text didn't even do that did it? It was just Macron asking if there was good or bad news about the sub contract 2 days before we unilaterally cancelled it. As the reply wasn't leaked by #scottyfrommarketing I suspect there ether wasn't one or it doesn't back up scomo's version of events.

And yes. He is a huge blundering moron.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW now has over 88% of over 16's fully vaxxed. We should pass 90% very soon and will likely reach 95%.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Govt here taking a hammering and antivax and anti lockdown protests getting more and more coverage. I dont understand why the antivaxxers are getting exposure, it just makes them seek out more attention. All very strange as today we recorded our lowest unemployment numbers since before the GFC.
Also our vaccination numbers are really encouraging. Here in Auckland where we have the lockdown happening we are sitting at 96% of those over 12 have had 1 dose and 88% of those over 12 have had 2 doses. We are due to drop an alert level on Tuesday next week and this weekend those who got their first vaccine during a public vaxathon thing 3 weeks ago can get their 2nd jab. Thats just on 200,000 people due to get their 2nd jab which will really jump our total vaxed % up.

Its quite surreal, the light is clearly at the end of the tunnel but the noise is getting worse. Yesterday the PM shut down a Press conference because 1 fake reporter kept asking the question of Why didnt the Vaccines work in Israel. Today she had to stop a visit to a vaccination center because about 100 loud protestors showed up. She decided she was a distraction that might impact on people trying to get their first dose.
There is growing support for opposition parties built on this noise and its just amazing how easily people will believe lies and misinformation.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Dim Tim's presser after getting busted for drink driving was one hell of a car wreck.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Apparently clever capitalism will resolve this… fecking hell if labour wasn’t so fecking useless this election would be a cake walk
Even if it wasn't bullshit nobody could accuse #scottyfrommarketing of being clever.

Sadly the same can be said for whole swathes of voters who vote against their self-interest time and again.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I think the idea that I can get a grant to install a charging point for an electric car, but nothing to actually help me get the car in the first place is brilliant...

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Scotty when women are protesting - Lucky you dont get shot
Scotty when kids are protesting climate change - Go back to school
Scotty when neo nazis are sending death threats to state MP's - Time for people to take back control.

The last 9 years of Liberal and National governments have been fecking disgusting for this nation.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Scotty when women are protesting - Lucky you dont get shot
Scotty when kids are protesting climate change - Go back to school
Scotty when neo nazis are sending death threats to state MP's - Time for people to take back control.

The last 9 years of Liberal and National governments have been fecking disgusting for this nation.
When Dan Andrews and his family are threatened with murder he says he is against threats of violence BUT .....

What an utter twat. He also managed to say that he isn't a liar and keep a straight face.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
ACT has close to 97% of adults fully vaxxed and more than 100% with a least 1 shot. Presumably this means people have moved t the ACT since the last census. NSW isn't far behind. Come on WA and Qld. Lift your game.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
When Dan Andrews and his family are threatened with murder he says he is against threats of violence BUT .....

What an utter twat. He also managed to say that he isn't a liar and keep a straight face.
McGowan's office is closed until further notice, a Vic State MP's daughter was attacked last night, Murdoch/Costello/Stokes press spreading propaganda.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Rats leaving the (hopefully) sinking ship. Porter (alleged rapist) and Hunt (by name and nature) not going to contest the next election. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out boys.

Last edited:

WPMUFC

Third dose in the bag :devil:

2x AZ and 1x Pfizer. Killer sore arm, but I hope people keep taking it up.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Third dose in the bag :devil:

2x AZ and 1x Pfizer. Killer sore arm, but I hope people keep taking it up.
I'll get mine as soon as I can which I think in late Jan unless they have relaxed the 6 month gap requirement.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Antivaxxers lose court case trying to prevent police and health working being mandate to be vaccinated. With costs awarded against them. This pleases me.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12...caICvmgATfwhjbCIYj7YnusfTR17CNSl0yJ3pZAtU9t_0

The judge said the orders curtailed freedom of movement, but noted that people's bodily integrity was not violated because "the impugned orders do not authorise the involuntary vaccination of anyone".

Justice Beech-Jones stressed that the plaintiffs "made an informed choice to refuse to be vaccinated".

InfiniteBoredom

NSW 5k7 cases, VIC crosses 2k case, mask indoor reintroduced.

Safe to say the number will skyrocket over the festive period, they won’t dare to go into lockdown again but vaxxed or not you are likely to catch it over the next few months.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW just did a huge backflip on the back of infections virtually doubling overnight.

QR codes are back, masks indoors are back and 1 person per2 sqm rule is back for hospitality. Shame we didn't just delay removing these measures a week or so ago as I think the surge of infection would have been at least somewhat tempered.

Last edited: