Straylan and Kiwi politics

Denis' cuff

Agreed. Scotty from Marketing and his band of evil clowns need to be gone.
pathetic idle teacher posturing as per. Try living in the real world.

Scotty has led from the outset with virus under control (no, don’t bother) and economy the envy of the western world.

get a grip

shit thread with no connection

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
pathetic idle teacher posturing as per. Try living in the real world.

Scotty has led from the outset with virus under control (no, don’t bother) and economy the envy of the western world.

get a grip

shit thread with no connection
Idle teacher :lol:

I haven't been a teacher for nearly a decade now and the mischaracterisation of teachers suggests you love our "talking in tounges leader".

He hasn't lead. He has largely followed. Sometimes kicking and screaming when the states ignored him and locked borders down. Not that long ago he was joining Clive Palmer to sue the WA government to open the border and only stopped when he realised it was popular.

Economically he started better although grants for posh kitchens was a comical mistep. Excluding huge sections of the economy was also misjudged and why a large proportion of the announced funds remain unspent and the Uni sector decimated (so another goal achieved). He then cuts payments to those who lost their job in the pandemic to give people like me, who don't need it, a large tax cut. So although not quite as incompetent as his bushfire efforts it has hardly been a stellar performance.

Closing the borders was a good move although he was lucky as we should have shut down earlier. His refusal to fund far more quarantine places for Aussie's stranded overseas is also a disgrace - 40,000 registered and far far more who haven't registered because it is both futile and beyond their financial means.

The other huge feck up was ordering too few vaccines to late. He put most of his eggs in the Oxford and UQ basket. He also failed to order Moderna and ordered Pfizer very late in the day.

Do you believe his rhetoric that he isn't pushing emergency approval of the Pfizer vaccine and waiting for full approval because "safety"? Or do you think it is likely that he doesn't need emergency approval because he ordered Pfizer so late that we won't get supplies until Feb/March, so emergency approval is irrelevant. With the Oxford vaccine, which we do have/make, he won't want to jump first but I wouldn't be surprised if we hurry approval through if the UK/EU/UK does first although not sure how they will spin the change of mind.

The sheer murderous incompetence of Boris's and Trump's coronavirus response is the only thing making him look better.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
#scottyfrommarketing

And #scottyfrommarketing has gone in holiday again, this time in the middle of a pandemic just like he went on holiday to Hawaii in the middle of cataclysmic bushfires last year. Leaving his idiotic deputy to spout racist dog-whistling at the drop of a had (all lives matter don't you know?) and back the conspiracy theory loons in his ranks who had to be slapped down by our Chief Medical Officer for coronavirus misinformation. Oh yes and criticising Facebook and Twitter for "censoring" Trump. They are an utter embarrassment. Although it may distract them from destroying our trade with China.

The full add

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
While #scottyfrommarketing is on his annual holiday to avoid being in charge when things go to shit and foolishly he left Michael McCormack in charge. In the short time he was tasked with not making a total ares of it he has,

Called Facebook and Twitter out for censoring Donald Trump
Defended a couple of certifiable far right, conspiracy theory peddling, lunatics in his ranks (US stolen election and covid nonsense), given a good should out to far right white supremacists with the age old call to equality of "All live matter" and calling out the unemployed for using a pandemic as an excuse to be lazy and not work (confusingly calling them lounge lizards) as some sort of feeble justification of halving the extra Covid assistance measures from March to pay for the tax cuts to the top end of town that they have introduced. What an utter bellend.

Whe defending the loons in his ranks he said “Well, again, I mean, facts sometimes are contentious, aren’t they?” which resulted in The Shovel memorably publishing the article linked below.

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2021/0...-K4iX57WaZeytQtc32CMDYTkBuz2g61SZhc_AqxOAYkN0

The Betoota Advocate also gets an honorable mention.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/bre...-in-rural-towns-with-huge-unemployment-rates/

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
On his return from his annual holiday to avoid a crisis #scottyfrommarketing has managed to distract from his deputy's racist dogwhistling while he was away (all lives matter) by being more overtly racist.

26th of January is Australia day and many Aboriginal people want it changed as it is the date that the first fleet arrived and they viewings as invasion day.

Cricket Australia have quietly suggested that BBLgames on this date don't reference Australia Day and some teams have and some haven't without the rebuilding much fuss.

#scottyfrommarketing has piled in calling the CA guidance as "pretty ordinary" and responding to people suggesting that another date would be more sensitive to aboriginal people's feelings he said “When those 12 ships turned up in Sydney, all those years ago, it wasn’t a particularly flash day for the people on those vessels either,”

We know he is tone deaf on race issues but even by his low low standards this is spectacularly insensitive.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
On his return from his annual holiday to avoid a crisis #scottyfrommarketing has managed to distract from his deputy's racist dogwhistling while he was away (all lives matter) by being more overtly racist.

26th of January is Australia day and many Aboriginal people want it changed as it is the date that the first fleet arrived and they viewings as invasion day.

Cricket Australia have quietly suggested that BBLgames on this date don't reference Australia Day and some teams have and some haven't without the rebuilding much fuss.

#scottyfrommarketing has piled in calling the CA guidance as "pretty ordinary" and responding to people suggesting that another date would be more sensitive to aboriginal people's feelings he said “When those 12 ships turned up in Sydney, all those years ago, it wasn’t a particularly flash day for the people on those vessels either,”

We know he is tone deaf on race issues but even by his low low standards this is spectacularly insensitive.
So if he agrees that no-one enjoyed the arrival of those ships, looks like everyone agrees it's time to change Australia Day date. :)

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
So if he agrees that no-onene enjoyed the arrival of those ships, looks like everyone agrees it's time to change Australia Day date. :)
#scottyfrommarketing didn't think that one through. Like most things.

Suv666

Any news on when Australia will open its borders to international students?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Feck
Thanks mate
If it happens earlier it will require students to be vaccinated and still need 14 days quarantine. Then who pays for the quarantine is an issue and the 40k Aussies still stranded overseas who can't get flights or quarantine hotel places are also political issues.

Suv666

If it happens earlier it will require students to be vaccinated and still need 14 days quarantine. Then who pays for the quarantine is an issue and the 40k Aussies still stranded overseas who can't get flights or quarantine hotel places are also political issues.
Arden announced that NZ will keep its borders sealed throughout 2021. I reckon you might be right about 22.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Arden announced that NZ will keep its borders sealed throughout 2021. I reckon you might be right about 22.
I hope I'm wrong as my son hasn't been able to come home from California since this all started - it is already just over a year since we saw him in person. We are hoping we can travel to CA in November and him to come home for Christmas but I'm not confident.

Red_toad

Incorrect, the first fleet arrived 20th of January 1788. Seems that the 26th Invasion day blurb has become a none factual truth created by the media.

26th of January 1949 is the day most Australian's became Australian citizens, that's why it's celebrated, but it's so political now and a lot of misinformation is widely believed.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Incorrect, the first fleet arrived 20th of January 1788. Seems that the 26th Invasion day blurb has become a none factual truth created by the media.

26th of January 1949 is the day most Australian's became Australian citizens, that's why it's celebrated, but it's so political now and a lot of misinformation is widely believed.
26th of January marks the anniversary of the arrival of the First Fleet and the raising of the British Flag at Sydney Cove, Port Jackson. That they landed elsewhere a few days earlier (but didn't claim it for Britain with a flag raising) is irrelevant. Make it the 20th Jan and it is still a commemoration of when Britain arrived and claimed the place as if it were empty, and as such will inevitably be seen as a day of great sadness by aboriginal people. Jan 26th has previously been called Anniversary Day or Foundation Day so you can't disconnect it from the landing of the first Fleet. That is also why 26th of January 1949 was chosen as the day when the Citizenship act came into force - we finally made aboriginal people officially people but chose a day that commemorated the day they were invaded - which is pretty damn insensitive when you think about it. Given that it was only 1994 when Australia Day was universally named as such and made a national public holiday and it is meant to be about national unity, I don't see why a different day, one when we can all celebrate this great nation, is a big deal.

Then we need a treaty.

Last edited:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
26th of January marks the anniversary of the arrival of the First Fleet and the raising of the British Flag at Sydney Cove, Port Jackson. That they landed elsewhere a few days earlier (but didn't claim it for Britain with a flag raising) is irrelevant. Make it the 20th Jan and it is still a commemoration of when Britain arrived and claimed the place as if it were empty, and as such will inevitably be seen as a day of great sadness by aboriginal people. Jan 26th has previously been called Anniversary Day or Foundation Day so you can't disconnect it from the landing of the first Fleet. That is also why 26th of January 1949 was chosen as the day when the Citizenship act came into force - we finally made aboriginal people officially people but chose a day that commemorated the day they were invaded - which is pretty damn insensitive when you think about it. Given that it was only 1994 when Australia Day was universally named as such and made a national public holiday and it is meant to be about national unity, I don't see why a different day, one when we can all celebrate this great nation, is a big deal.

Then we need a treaty.
My opinion has always been just create a public holiday long weekend for the last weekend in January and remove the specific date altogether.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
My opinion has always been just create a public holiday long weekend for the last weekend in January and remove the specific date altogether.
Which date to pick is hard as well. Some would argue that any day is problematic until we have a treaty. And I can't see that happening any time soon.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
This story seems to be getting traction and seems to have the potential to bring a government down. Rape allegedly suppressed because it was just before the last election. CCTV footage has finally been provided to the AFP after an unbelievable delay of 2 years.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02...im-parliament-house-defence-minister/13154736
Seems to get worse and worse. Victim interviewed in the room where the rape happened. And then steamcleaned.

https://www.news.com.au/national/po...k/news-story/fa1797427cf198241d555eb67ec3a306

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
All those politicians' explanations for why they treated her like they did never once touch on why the police wasn't involved, or what happened with the perpetrator... Also, why are those articles filled with lots of photos of Brittany Higgins?
She has gone public (after resigning) to get the bastards I believe. She was interviewed on channel 10 last night and she is very brave and a very believable witness.

I believe the AFP were belatedly involved. The investigation then got stalled a few weeks ago as she felt she needed to to cling on to her career but now she realises that she can't just let it go.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
As always is the case....deny, deflect, embarrass and cover up.
It is an utter disgrace. The Libs knew about this ages ago but only now are they taking it seriously due to the publicity. #scottyfrommarketing flapped around yesterday and when taking it more seriously he said it was because he talked to his wife and because he has daughters. feck me that is a weak as it is bizarre. Would it have not been taken seriously of he only had sons.

This givernment is a moral vacuum. They openly rort grant scheme to help themselves win elections, send brown refugees to third world gulags but give visas to nannys to help out the top end of town when their new employees are caught coming in on tourist visas. feck the environment, lets build more coal powered fire stations, lets sell the water to our mates with cotton farms and feck those downstream, and feck the river ecosystems. Lets chop everything down even if the hardwood is used for woodchip and feck the koalas. Lets take away support for the poor and give it to the well off as tax cuts in the middle of a pandemic. Why do we keep voting these evil tossers in?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
She has gone public (after resigning) to get the bastards I believe. She was interviewed on channel 10 last night and she is very brave and a very believable witness.

I believe the AFP were belatedly involved. The investigation then got stalled a few weeks ago as she felt she needed to to cling on to her career but now she realises that she can't just let it go.
Yeah, I got all that. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant that the articles seem sensationalist by including a lot of pictures of her in all kinds of contexts, which has almost no news value here. And I was annoyed by the politicians interviewed in that ABC article that were arguing how well they did, without ever explaining why they didn't just call the police as soon as they learned what had happened, while I also can't remember having read what happened to the rapist. It's absolutely disgusting what happened to her (including the implicit blackmail, threatening that she'd lose her job), and I feel it kinda continues with the way especially the ABC article reports on the matter.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yeah, I got all that. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant that the articles seem sensationalist by including a lot of pictures of her in all kinds of contexts, which has almost no news value here. And I was annoyed by the politicians interviewed in that ABC article that were arguing how well they did, without ever explaining why they didn't just call the police as soon as they learned what had happened, while I also can't remember having read what happened to the rapist. It's absolutely disgusting what happened to her (including the implicit blackmail, threatening that she'd lose her job), and I feel it kinda continues with the way especially the ABC article reports on the matter.
Ahhh. Gotcha.

Newscorp is the answer. They are probably disappointed they can't find any pictures of her in a bikini.

It leaves their options open. They can be sympathetic today but it leaves "she was asking for it by being attractive" and "she must be making it up because she is seen smiling in a picture with some female ministers" wide open for the future.

The alleged rapist got shuffled out of his job into a high paying law job in private practice I believe (could be mis- remembering but that isn't far off).

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Ahhh. Gotcha.

Newscorp is the answer. They are probably disappointed they can't find any pictures of her in a bikini.

It leaves their options open. They can be sympathetic today but it leaves "she was asking for it by being attractive" and "she must be making it up because she is seen smiling in a picture with some female ministers" wide open for the future.

The alleged rapist got shuffled out of his job into a high paying law job in private practice I believe (could be mis- remembering but that isn't far off).
"It's a man's world honey, better learn to swim with the sharks or start wearing more conservative dresses."

The reporting almost seems to bother me the most in this matter. If you can't count on journalists to represent her properly in a case that's so clear, then what has she got left with a government apparatus that's working against her? I hope the police will be treating this seriously now at least.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
"It's a man's world honey, better learn to swim with the sharks or start wearing more conservative dresses."

The reporting almost seems to bother me the most in this matter. If you can't count on journalists to represent her properly in a case that's so clear, then what has she got left with a government apparatus that's working against her? I hope the police will be treating this seriously now at least.
I believe the AFP were treating it seriously once they were involved although as the crime scene had been steam cleaned by then it doesn't sound like that was done early enough. It would be good to see this prosecuted.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Haven't been watching the news so first I've seen of the rape story is that news report posted above.

Can someone clarify on who directed the room to be cleaned before police could examine (and if it was actually known that an incident had occurred at that time). This part for me really doesn't sit right, as the other parts can be defended via 'the victim didn't want to pursue the issue, so there was nothing we could do'. Not that that is the right thing, as

Is the victim now looking for justice, as the report seems to imply she hasn't decided yet? If she hasn't decided to pursue seems odd that this is now coming out

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I missed some of the Channel 10 interview but I do know that amazingly the victim was interviewed by the Minister in the room where the assault took place. The room was steam cleaned at the weekend and before the police were involved. The police investigated but couldn't find evidence that anyone tried to cover up a crime. Not sure how hard they tried because it sounds very suss steam cleaning the crime scene so quickly and I think at the weekend.

It all stinks of corruption and cover up.