Gaming Streets of Rage 4

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Double Dragon, Streets of Rage and Final Fight were the best three side-scrollers.
Warriors of virtue was pretty good.
Die hard nakatomi plaza.
4 men ninja turtle beat em up.
The avengers 4 men arcade.
Spiderman maximun carnage
Double dragon 2 SNES version

But street of rages 2 still edges it, for the depth of the moves and you need to actually think of the moves to win instead of pure mashes them up.

Art Vandelay

I totally forgot about Turtles in Time. That was awesome.

I also meant Renegade and not Vigilante. Renegade was awesome, fly kicking people off their motorbikes.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Vigilante on the Amiga/Amstrad/Comodore 64 was pretty good. Golden Axe was excellent at the time. Streets of Rage and Final Fight just seemed to find a level above everything else.
I know you meant Renegade but Vigilante on the master system was one of my all time favs on that console

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Not long now!
Out Thursday.....

Can't wait to play as classic Adam...You know, the best character.

Anyone getting this on PC will have to hit me up.... Online 4 player co op

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Not long now!
Out Thursday.....

Can't wait to play as classic Adam...You know, the best character.

Anyone getting this on PC will have to hit me up.... Online 4 player co op
Seconded. I wonder what his special attacks would have been if he'd appeared on 2 and 3?

Ekeke

Looks like a game that would have come out 15 years ago but at least its a continuation of the series

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I have to say this is excellent so far, it's also got a nice testing difficulty curve to it. I'm up to stage 6 now and it's quite a challenge to get through this one with a few lives & full health bar left for the Boss fight.

Art Vandelay

I've been stuck on the last boss of level 5. I got him down to a sliver of health twice only to die before I could finish him. I'm very much enjoying it, but some of the new enemies and bosses seem a bit cheap at times. Like there's times all you can seemingly do is trade hits and hope they die first.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
What difficulty would people recommend? Will you breeze through on normal?
I think it's fairly tough on even on Normal. Knowing when to gamble part of your health by using your specials, using the 'hold punch' power attack and just juggling motherfeckers for the big combos takes some mastering. My brother and I have played through twice now, it's really fun.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Cheers, think I'll start on normal. I used to love challenging myself in games but I've lost the appetite for that as I've got older.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is it cross platform online? I'm thinking about getting it but I'd need to buy the game and renew my PSN, costing me £70!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I absolutely loved this game back in the day. I'm glad to see it's reviewing well and people seem to like it. Wil buy it eventually. How long is the game out of interest?

TheReligion

Abusive
I haven't played it yet, unfortunately, but from what I've read it's supposed to be very good. The reviews are very positive, and I know someone who has played it and they love it.
Thanks. I used to enjoy throwing knives at people and smashing bottles on their heads.

Member 39557

Is it worth it?
Had a blast two player local co-op. Proper throwback with some nostalgia from the early games thrown in.
A little bit more technical than the old games too. Totally worth it for me.

Art Vandelay

I could swear Axel used to have a move where he could suplex enemies when grabbing from behind. I can't seem to do it if it's even still in the game, basically a more aggressive version of the one Blaze does. Maybe I'm imagining the whole thing.

It feels exactly how it did on the Megadrive and plays great. I tried playing Final Fight again a few months ago and the gameplay has not aged well at all.

Irrational.

Just bought this. So far so good, quite difficult with one player. One thing that bugs me is how slow the characters are. At least in SOR3 you could get them to run.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Also, for the people on PC and XBOX, you can get this on gamespass.
I bought it on steam, luckily had 117minutes of playtime so could refund it with 3mins to spare :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've only tried Blaze so far. Must give the others a go.

It can get quite difficult and I'm only at the pier.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It seems to be all about timing your defensive specials. I've played through a number of times and am still shite. The Boss Rush is brutal as feck.

caid

It seems to be all about timing your defensive specials. I've played through a number of times and am still shite. The Boss Rush is brutal as feck.
Throws help too. You're invulnerable while using back attack and behind attack. Same with jumping from one side to the other while grabbing them. You're also invulnerable while doing a neutral jump until you hit the apex. Jump attacks break the guard on enemy attacks when they flash red before, or it might be the invulnerability window on jumps. It works whichever it is. Haven't found any obvious means to break that stagger shield when they flash white - it seems to be a get out of their way and stay out of their way kind of thing.

Oh and you should use tasers on arcade machines

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Throws help too. You're invulnerable while using back attack and behind attack. Same with jumping from one side to the other while grabbing them. You're also invulnerable while doing a neutral jump until you hit the apex. Jump attacks break the guard on enemy attacks when they flash red before, or it might be the invulnerability window on jumps. It works whichever it is. Haven't found any obvious means to break that stagger shield when they flash white - it seems to be a get out of their way and stay out of their way kind of thing.

Oh and you should use tasers on arcade machines
Aye all good stuff, need to get better at all of it!