Stretford End Jimmy Murphy statue to be unveiled

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Well deserved. The club might not exist without him and it shouldn't have even taken this long.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Well deserved. The club might not exist without him and it shouldn't have even taken this long.
To me it even raises the value and the gesture. I know it's an extreme, but City creating those statue-ish thingies of people who are still in the shower post-match is so cringey. I'm sure they're planning one for Haaland as we speak.

Agree with everything else you said though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
To me it even raises the value and the gesture. I know it's an extreme, but City creating those statue-ish thingies of people who are still in the shower post-match is so cringey. I'm sure they're planning one for Haaland as we speak.

Agree with everything else you said though.
Yeah City's statues are awful and it reeks of them desperately trying to look like they've got history.

dave1956

Yes, about time. Played 200 games for West Brom., and won 15 Welsh caps, also as Manager of Wales took them through to the 1958 World Cup Finals for the first time and this was the reason he was not with the team when the plane crashed.
His roles and influence at the club cannot be underestimated in the forging the success of the club both before and after Munich. These were Assistant Manager, ( Actual manager for the 1958/59 season )., First Team Coach, Reserve Team Manager and Full Time Scout. He, Busby and Walter Crickmer laid the foundations that this club is built on.