Stuff in football that really annoys you?

Lentwood

Tactical fouls - there was one by Harry Winks in the Leicester vs Spurs game yesterday at 2-2

Leicester had a 4 vs 2 and would likely have created a big chance but Winks hacked down the Leicester attacker and was “punished” with a yellow card.

We know how the game finished and you could reasonably argue that foul contributed to costing Leicester a place in the CL.

We have to acknowledge it’s a big problem in football. It’s also simple to fix. Any foul whereby a referee deems a player hasn’t tried to play the ball is a yellow card and a 15 minute sin-bin for the offender.

We already have a similar rule in-place now with the “double jeopardy” rule with penalties/red cards, so we’re not asking referees to do anything new or complex by asking them to determine if there was a genuine attempt to play the ball

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
3. When a goalkeeper comes for a cross he can infringe an opposition player, but if the keeper gets 1/3 of the contact from an oppo player its automatic infringement. There's such a ridiculous overprotection of keepers it's unreal to the point of preferential.
There were a number of really bad keeper injuries though that led to the increase in protection. We could potentially have ended up with a fatality at some point.

UpWithRivers

• Suspended in finals because of Red/Yellow cards. Its maybe the one chance a player has in his lifetime to play a final. What he has always dreamed of and then he gets one dodgy yellow in the semi finals and he's out. Also it devalues the final for fans because the best players are not playing. Maybe you don't get to see Messi in a final. Ok if you are the opposition team you might be glad Messi isnt playing but as a sportsman you want to face the best and not wish another player misses out on his dream. I get that its important to have Red and yellow cards to stop cheating and violence in football but unless its a really bad red i.e. headbutt or breaking a players legs finals should not count for suspension. Instead they should be suspended in the next years competition.

• The screaming. Diving is bad enough but with the absence of fans I realized how much footballers scream when they go down. Like they have just been shot with an AK47 in the foot! I've seen some bad injuries when playing but I dont remember anyone screaming like that.

MikeeMike

Diving. A player ,if after he takes poor touch of ball and if slightest contact felt drops like a stone.

Fouls. Defenders feel slightest push in back an fall over. Fould given. If opposite way they would never be penalties.

Cheating. Players fouled and try to get players booked / sent off by wrything around in agony. Especially when they can’t even decide which part of body to hold to fake injury.

• Suspended in finals because of Red/Yellow cards. Its maybe the one chance a player has in his lifetime to play a final. What he has always dreamed of and then he gets one dodgy yellow in the semi finals and he's out. Also it devalues the final for fans because the best players are not playing. Maybe you don't get to see Messi in a final. Ok if you are the opposition team you might be glad Messi isnt playing but as a sportsman you want to face the best and not wish another player misses out on his dream. I get that its important to have Red and yellow cards to stop cheating and violence in football but unless its a really bad red i.e. headbutt or breaking a players legs finals should not count for suspension. Instead they should be suspended in the next years competition.
They’ve made it generally a lot better when it comes to yellow cards. It’s a lot more difficult to get suspended for finals now - and you pretty much have to get a red to be suspended. Which I do think is right.

You look back at things like Keane and Scholes getting suspended for 99, and almost worse Irwin getting suspended for the FA Cup due to a red card on a different competition (PL), that was appalling.

Pickle85

When a team wins a free kick and the free kick taker throws it forward to spot it and gain a few yards. Also hate the classic 'I'm taking the throw in but stuttering forward a few steps "waiting for movement"'' to gain a few yards. Finally, when a player gives away a free kick then kicks the ball a few yards away to kill time - not far enough to be done for time wasting but still enough to annoy everyone watching.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Tactical fouls - there was one by Harry Winks in the Leicester vs Spurs game yesterday at 2-2

Leicester had a 4 vs 2 and would likely have created a big chance but Winks hacked down the Leicester attacker and was “punished” with a yellow card.

We know how the game finished and you could reasonably argue that foul contributed to costing Leicester a place in the CL.

We have to acknowledge it’s a big problem in football. It’s also simple to fix. Any foul whereby a referee deems a player hasn’t tried to play the ball is a yellow card and a 15 minute sin-bin for the offender.

We already have a similar rule in-place now with the “double jeopardy” rule with penalties/red cards, so we’re not asking referees to do anything new or complex by asking them to determine if there was a genuine attempt to play the ball
That by winks annoyed me yesterday, being so blatant is what makes it worse I think

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
I think tactical fouls should be straight red card offenses. We're here to watch football not to watch crybabies who can't deal with being beaten.

PS: And that applies to all tactical fouls regardless of where on the pitch they take place. So Fernandinho should get 15 reds a game for everytime he barges into a player just for having the gall to try to play out the ball from the back.

Ricky Spanish

Home fans making out everything is going against them when nothing really is. See Wolves today. It annoys me more because we don't seem to do it much to be honest.

Traore dived to try and win a pen and we should've had a corner when it came off Semedo. We've had one or two soft fouls. No agenda or anything, but their fans are making it out like absolutely everything has gone against them.
The non-stop, endless, boring, mundane, incoherent, crying and moaning about VAR. We used to see many, many, bad decisions, now we we see fewer bad decisions. It’s an improvement, will only get better, and is not going anywhere. Stop moaning, you boring cnuts.
Fans booing players who take ages to walk off the pitch when they are being subbed off when winning....knowing full well ours and everyone else's players do exactly the same
General hypocrisy and fans only having two absolute emotions/opinions on everything.
Couldn't agree more.

One thing I've noticed since the fans started being let back in is how used I'd become to poor behaviour in the before times. It's not really a shock to me that a lot of fans are petty, childish and downright racist, but the enforced break where we've only had generic noise piped in has really highlighted it now they're back.

PTSTSL

Keepers catching the ball in the last 10mins of a game and flopping to the ground to waste time.

A player appealing for a throw-in when he knows damn well he just knocked it out of play.

Pass and Move

Corners. They're just generally a bit shit aren't they? They rarely result in goals, at least, not good goals (counters excepted) and they take up so much bloody time. I'd much rather see a throw-in from the end line. They could be taken quickly, would require different tactics depending where along the line they're taken (perhaps always outside the 6 yard box), and would be far less predictable.

When a team wins a free kick and the free kick taker throws it forward to spot it and gain a few yards. Also hate the classic 'I'm taking the throw in but stuttering forward a few steps "waiting for movement"'' to gain a few yards. Finally, when a player gives away a free kick then kicks the ball a few yards away to kill time - not far enough to be done for time wasting but still enough to annoy everyone watching.
when the ball is out of play near the corner flag - yet the player ends up taking the throw in line with the 18 years box! So blatant.

youmeletsfly

Players who commit a foul and them stand right in front of the ball so it can't be taken. Refs never book players for this and it happens every single game.
I fecking hate that, it's so annoying.
On the other side though, it adds a bit of conflict here and there which spices things up a bit.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Defenders who dive when they're near their own corner flag. Refs buy it every single time and renders pressing up high pointless at times.

Also, players who push defenders in the back when they have them boxed in near the corner flag. Just fecking stand there and let him boot it out of play.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Cheating and getting away with it.

There are no morale standards and the referees seem perfectly happy to let them get away with it.

ForeverRed1

I wouldn't even rate him above klopp tbh and there is an argument to be made that Mourinho's overall achievements in football are better than pep's.

It's hard to think of many managers that have been handed managerial roles on a silver platter like pep has, man city was set up years in advance just for him along with surplus amounts of cash and shady player recruitment dealings, Bayern's Munich...I dont really need to elaborate on this and even when he was at Barca he still inherited one hell of a talented side, he had a front 3 of messi, henry and Eto which was probably the best attack in Europe at the time.
And yet every pundit and media outlet going continue to call him the best ever manager. It’s constant and if he wins the champions league with city it will be worse.
And I’m the first to admit he’s a very very good manager, just the greatest of all time? Nah.

FreddieTheReddie

Our blue away kits (not this year obviously). Why do we have blue away kits so often? Black or white are ok, blue is for City and Chelsea.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Good shout. These “professional” fouls that’s automatically “only” a yellow needs to be relooked at because some of them are extremely cynical and costly.

Robertd0803

When a player goes to the corner flag to hold up the ball in injury time and
A) loses it straight away or
B) gets hacked to pieces by the opposition and no foul is given in favour of the attacker.

Eternitiy

I really hate when teams change kits if there's no colour clash.

We could have worn our home kit with white shorts and socks yesterday. Why change kits?

IronLionBryan

Commentators who don't correct what they've said when their eyeballs obviously fail them

"Oh, that's a penalty. Ridiculous challenge, what's he thinking?"

*replay shows player falls over own feet.*

"Silly boy, no need to go in there at all"

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Referee’s playing on past the allocated time added on despite there being no stoppages or other reasons for doing so. And it always happens when one team is defending a goal lead or draw, it’s like they’re fecking desperate for the opposing team to nick an equaliser or a last second winner.
I feel like the opposite is far worse. After all - the declaration is a minimum amount of added time.

For example, our game versus fulham. Declared a minimum of 4 minutes injury time. During injury time, booked their keeper for wasting time. Blew the whistle at 93:56. Explain that.

Nori-

Ridiculously biased fans. This also includes some of our own.

You can't have a rational conversation with them.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I feel like the opposite is far worse. After all - the declaration is a minimum amount of added time.

For example, our game versus fulham. Declared a minimum of 4 minutes injury time. During injury time, booked their keeper for wasting time. Blew the whistle at 93:56. Explain that.
Stuff like that is maddening. Timekeeping shouldn't be a refs job.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Injury time. Absolutely no need to have the system that we have at the moment and should just play two halfs of 35 minutes with the clock stopping everytime it goes dead. Would deal with all the play acting nonsense as there wouldn't be any point to it and then other people could not complain about the amount/lack of added time.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Stuff like that is maddening. Timekeeping shouldn't be a refs job.
Injury time. Absolutely no need to have the system that we have at the moment and should just play two halfs of 35 minutes with the clock stopping everytime it goes dead. Would deal with all the play acting nonsense as there wouldn't be any point to it and then other people could not complain about the amount/lack of added time.
Yep, exactly my thoughts too. I'm sure there are stats on how much time the ball spends in play on average (I think it's actually significantly less than 35 minutes a half). Pick that as the new length of a half, and the clock only runs when the ball is in play.

You'd probably have to start enforcing the 6 second rule too, otherwise keepers would start taking the mickey even worse than currently.

bsCallout

I love tactical fouls, the player standing over the ball on a FK & the GK flopping to the ground. I'd be furious if our players didn't do any of them.

I do however hate when teams like City get away with constant cynical fouls to break up the oppositions flow all over the pitch, without any card ever being shown, there is not much difference between that and a tactical foul in regards to disrupting an opposing team. Some teams do it constantly too. They deserve yellow cards for those types of fouls.

Any intentional foul should be a yellow basically. If it's dangerous it should be a red.

Other than that the biggest thing I hate is how refs completely make up how they are going to honour extra time. The worst was the other day at 1-1 with Fulham when we had the ball near the box, the ref blew instantly on the minute even after booking their player for timewasting.