Stuff in football that really annoys you?

Vadim

I’ll start with:

People that support more than one club. It really irks me.

I just don’t understand how you can share a passion for more than one team, I simply don’t care for anyone apart from my beloved United.

I’m not a top red or super fan. I just don’t think it’s possible to love more than one club.

Josep Dowling

I’ve been to so many games that have been classified as sold out but there are thousands of spare seats. How is that a sell out then?

Hoof the ball

People that stand directly in front of a ball stopping a quick free kick. How is this not punished? It’s a dick move.

Striker shoving defender in back when he’s trapped in his own corner of field. Just pressure him and force the clearance ffs.

Gopher Brown

I’ll start with:

I just don’t understand how you can share a passion for more than one team, I simply don’t care for anyone apart from my beloved United.

I’m not a top red or super fan. I just don’t think it’s possible to love more than one club.
I can’t even support England.

Anyhoo, jostling at corners annoys me, particularly the way Mike does it. By the letter of the law he’d be giving away about 5 penalties a game.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I’ll start with:

Supporters have different levels of investment. For me, I'm far from in love with my club, and if they ceased to exist for whatever reason, I'd just root for someone else I liked. On the flipside, there's folks like yourselves who are United first & football second. Nothing wrong with either for me :D

Anyway, international football annoys me. Waste of time.

Vadim

I can’t even support England
Yeah I can’t get passionate about any international football. I’m half Irish/English and I live in the US. Couldn’t give a feck about any of them. Watching Ireland is fecking depressing too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’ll start with:

Do you go to many/any United games out of interest?

One of my pet hates is people who "support" a team who have never been anywhere near the place.

Vadim

Do you go to many/any United games out of interest?

One of my pet hates is people who "support" a team who have never been anywhere near the place.
Born in Manchester, went every other weekend in the 80s with my dad and brothers.

I moved to the US with work commitments. Still fly out to see Utd but only once or twice a season.

Njord

Time wasting
Diving (Also from defenders when they're pressured)
Inconsistency of yellow cards

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Born in Manchester, went every other weekend in the 80s with my dad and brothers.

I moved to the US with work commitments. Still fly out to see Utd but only once or twice a season.
I can't imagine being so far away from a team I love so much, but I'm sure it's one of those bigger life pictures.

I have two teams, United who I just copied a pal at school in supporting when I was 10, and then Wycombe, the town of my birth, who I started following ever so slightly later.
Season tickets at both, and it works great, and will do until the impossible scenario they play at the same level!

Vadim

I can't imagine being so far away from a team I love so much, but I'm sure it's one of those bigger life pictures.

I have two teams, United who I just copied a pal at school in supporting when I was 10, and then Wycombe, the town of my birth, who I started following ever so slightly later.
Season tickets at both, and it works great, and will do until the impossible scenario they play at the same level!
You spend money time and energy supporting both clubs though so can’t fault that.

And Wycombe and Utd isn’t like “I support Man City and Real Madrid”.

They are the fans I was talking about really.

United58

'Tactical fouls' that are blatant cheating, they should be red cards, not applauded yellows. I'm including diving here.

Red_toad

How much the players earn and people who defend them as 'being worth it'. Product of the screwed up world we live in but entertainers shouldn't be role models and the highest paid people.
Amount of money that's onto football is obscene and should be utilised for far better things.

deef

I’ll start with:

I agree with you… I only support united eventhough I have an interest or soft spot for other clubs too (but far from supporting them)

What irks me the most is play acting… or the constant moaning at referees from the players… it seems after every throw in decision there is a player screaming in the face of the assistant :houllier:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Nothing infuriates me more than time wasting when the team I support is losing.

Vadim

Fans who are obsessed with the financial side of their club like incomings and outgoings, sponsorship deals and the like.

Like, sure, have an interest. But some fans go through it all with a fine tooth comb.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Tactical fouling.
Overhyping of rival players/clubs.
Burnley.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
People that stand directly in front of a ball stopping a quick free kick. How is this not punished? It’s a dick move.

Striker shoving defender in back when he’s trapped in his own corner of field. Just pressure him and force the clearance ffs.

Extremely annoying that

Players taking their clothes of when they score. 100% a yellow card and yet they have to show off.
And then the outrage when a referee applies the laws of the game and shows a yellow card

Bokito

Hatred (as in: extreme rivalry) for whatever club for whatever historical reason way beyond your own lifespan or frame of reference. What reason would a 17 year old Man Utd supporter have to loathe Liverpool? They’ven’t been real competition within their own life time. I just don’t get it. It seems that people have an easier time forgiving countries that bombed the shit out if them in whatever fecking war than have a rational outlook on whatever team did your team wrong fecking 50 years ago.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Easy freekicks where the player anticipates it and falls over.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Hatred (as in: extreme rivalry) for whatever club for whatever historical reason way beyond your own lifespan or frame of reference. What reason would a 17 year old Man Utd supporter have to loathe Liverpool? They’ven’t been real competition within their own life time. I just don’t get it. It seems that people have an easier time forgiving countries that bombed the shit out if them in whatever fecking war than have a rational outlook on whatever team did your team wrong fecking 50 years ago.
Nah, I love the irrational hatred in football. Without it going to a game would be no better than the snoozefests you get at Rugby or Cricket.

King Eric 7

Putting up with a crappy stream when the game is being televised live in some other country but not in the UK :mad: Just show me all the damned games, I'm willing to pay for each one.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Not showing the damn game when the ball is live.

The number of times the BBC, BT and Sky waste time showing me *insert famous face in the crowd* when the crowd are obviously reacting to something exciting happening on the field.

SHOW THE DAMN GAME!

djembatheking

Nah , my son is 20 years old and has never seen the scousers win the league , he hates them with a feckin passion though just because so many of their fans are absolute bell ends . Proud of him .

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I’ll start with:

I love sporting and a win or loss ruins my day or weekend but since I also live in the states and close to Red Bull’s I “support” them too though a win or loss from them does not affect me as much.

Is that what you mean ?