Stuff in football that really annoys you?

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

I haven't read all the pages so I could be duplicating.
  • Money ruining the sport. Players earning the amounts of money they do, World Cups ending up in places like Qatar etc
  • Diving. But equally, referees who get fooled by it
  • Attackers who push defenders in the back and give away a foul instead of keeping the pressure on when they're already in danger (taken from an earlier post on this thread, it's high on my list!)
  • Darmian's facial hair
  • Players talking to each other with their hands over their mouth to prevent lip-reading. Seemed to have only started in like 2011 and now its all the time. So annoying
  • Neymar and everything he's about
  • Professional footballers not beating the first man on corners
  • Agents
  • People going to games and watching it through a phone/tablet
  • The lack of singing in football stadiums these days
  • Sugar Daddy clubs
  • Dickhead social media behaviour, silly dancing/singing, silly voices and all other 'I have so much banter' behaviour (Lingard being the worst). I miss men in the game
  • Referees not having to do interviews
  • Real Madrid
  • Peter Kenyon
  • 2019 and still not being able to watch any match I want. All 3pm Sat games should be on the box with multi choice on red button
  • Players chit chatting with and hugging opposition players in the tunnel before games. And during games come to think of it
  • Martin Keown
  • Player's shooting and missing due to greediness/poor decision making when there was a chance to pass it to someone else for a tap in
  • Ticket touts
  • Thousands of seats for finals going to corporate a$$holes leaving hardly any for actual fans
  • Semi finals being held at Wembley instead of places like Villa Park etc. Only the final should be held at Wembley
  • Arsenal FAM TV and everyone associated with it
  • Mark Goldbridge - the most irritating human on the planet
  • Jose Mourinho - from the very moment he came into the Premier League until now. And forever
  • Electronic advertising boards. Especially that one with the f**king sausage dog running around
  • Players doing indisputably wrong things and protesting their innocence despite surely knowing it's been picked up by about 47 different cameras
  • Ball boys trying to become cult heroes by refusing to give the ball back when their team is winning late on etc. Need a good slap
  • Michael Owen's voice
  • Crap managers getting job after job after job despite being sacked everywhere they've been - McClaren, Pardew, Allardyce, Hodgson etc
  • New, younger pundits who always have to shoehorn their careers into their analysis of games - Hargreaves, Jenas etc
  • Alan Shearer trying to convince people he has no regrets about his career
  • Gary Lineker (esp on Twitter)
  • The FA
  • People (mainly from Northern Ireland) who use their Celtic/Rangers shirts as a way of informing everyone of their religious persuasion but pretend it's all about the football
  • Cringey football chants
  • Half and half scarves
  • Men who wear hats covered in badges etc
  • Teams winning a game (that's not even a final) and taking videos of them celebrating in the changing rooms and posting on social media. Yeah - Arsenal
  • The notion that England did the greatest thing ever at the World Cup. They beat Panama, Tunisia (narrowly), Sweden and Colombia (pens). Lost to Belgium twice and Croatia. WOW

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Defensive diving is so much more infuriating than normal diving because the refs know exactly what's going on. Attacker putting some pressure on a defender so the defender just goes down and the ref bails them out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Goalkeeper catching a simple cross and laying on the ground clutching it for 25 seconds to waste time.

The timewasting karma from the Southampton game was delicious.

tomaldinho1

Crowding the ref
Lack of Adidas World Cups & Puma Kings on show
Fulham's clackers
Chris Sutton

kaempen

It annoys me how referees nowadays award freekicks and penalties for very little contact. Somebody putting a hand on someone's back isn't a shove worthy of a freekick. Morata's disallowed goal is a good example. These players can certainly stand on their legs even in the case of a pretty rough treatment, but they will go down at the slightest touch and the referees will usually give them the freekick. Furthermore, it can be a problem that the referees don't give legitimate freekicks or penalties, if the player actually tries to stand on his legs like he should. They also often hand out yellow cards for offences that are nothing more than a freekick.

Al-T

Sitting down

The constant bombardment of adverts for shan betting companies and the associated wa+k that promotes gambling as a natural part of watching a match.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
When an opposition defender is running towards his own goal line with the ball but our attacker gets carried away and concedes a foul. They were under pressure but we let them off the hook. Pisses me right off every time.

Davicho

Ander Herrera first touch backward pass when no one is marking him.

GloryHunter07

I really dont like the whole conspiracy theory nonsense that gets spouted by certain fans now.

Champions League Round of 16 being stretched over 4 weeks.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
People whining about players 'going down too easily' - if a player is fouled in the penalty area going down is essentially their way of telling the ref he was fouled.

It's the player's choice, accept it.

People would be better off whining about clumsy defenders making needless contact in the area.

Also, people whining about managers 'needing more time'. It seems to me that in most cases these days, clubs are better off when they sack a failing manager.

Last edited:

midou

Protecting the ball at the corner flag.
Blatant diving.
Referees being garbage at identifying diving, provocations, cynical fouls and actual real attempts at winning the ball.

Josh 76

When a player scores a goal, then runs into the goal to get the ball and the keeper tries to hold onto it. Usually ends up in a tussle. WTF is all that about?

Raven

How much the players earn and people who defend them as 'being worth it'. Product of the screwed up world we live in but entertainers shouldn't be role models and the highest paid people.
Amount of money that's onto football is obscene and should be utilised for far better things.
I would argue that with the amount of money in football, if the players weren't getting paid what they are, where would the money be going?

Red_toad

I would argue that with the amount of money in football, if the players weren't getting paid what they are, where would the money be going?
If you cannot see the problem with the distribution of wealth, then carry on as you are... I'm not here to convert just giving my informed opinion.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
players wearing headphones while arriving at stadium

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
People that mix nationalism wity city-based clubs, especially in european competitions.
Ramos
Floren
Marcelo
Piqué
Uli Hoeness and Rummenigge
Guardiola (great manager, hope he was mute)
Mourinho
The shape of Louis Van Gaal's head
Neymar
His father

PD: Hello, Vadim.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why should what ultimately comes down to money be a deciding factor in who can support what team?
Because you'd think you'd go to at least one game for the team you supposedly support?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Footballers that start crying because they've been stepped on or kicked once. FFS you're a grown man not a child, fecking toughen up a bit.
Psst, they're exaggerating to increase pressure on the ref in order to help their own team.

There's a reason why every truly Elite side has at least a few of these players!

Valencia Shin Crosses

I haven't read all the pages so I could be duplicating.
  • Money ruining the sport. Players earning the amounts of money they do, World Cups ending up in places like Qatar etc
  • Diving. But equally, referees who get fooled by it
  • Attackers who push defenders in the back and give away a foul instead of keeping the pressure on when they're already in danger (taken from an earlier post on this thread, it's high on my list!)
  • Darmian's facial hair
  • Players talking to each other with their hands over their mouth to prevent lip-reading. Seemed to have only started in like 2011 and now its all the time. So annoying
  • Neymar and everything he's about
  • Professional footballers not beating the first man on corners
  • Agents
  • People going to games and watching it through a phone/tablet
  • The lack of singing in football stadiums these days
  • Sugar Daddy clubs
  • Dickhead social media behaviour, silly dancing/singing, silly voices and all other 'I have so much banter' behaviour (Lingard being the worst). I miss men in the game
  • Referees not having to do interviews
  • Real Madrid
  • Peter Kenyon
  • 2019 and still not being able to watch any match I want. All 3pm Sat games should be on the box with multi choice on red button
  • Players chit chatting with and hugging opposition players in the tunnel before games. And during games come to think of it
  • Martin Keown
  • Player's shooting and missing due to greediness/poor decision making when there was a chance to pass it to someone else for a tap in
  • Ticket touts
  • Thousands of seats for finals going to corporate a$$holes leaving hardly any for actual fans
  • Semi finals being held at Wembley instead of places like Villa Park etc. Only the final should be held at Wembley
  • Arsenal FAM TV and everyone associated with it
  • Mark Goldbridge - the most irritating human on the planet
  • Jose Mourinho - from the very moment he came into the Premier League until now. And forever
  • Electronic advertising boards. Especially that one with the f**king sausage dog running around
  • Players doing indisputably wrong things and protesting their innocence despite surely knowing it's been picked up by about 47 different cameras
  • Ball boys trying to become cult heroes by refusing to give the ball back when their team is winning late on etc. Need a good slap
  • Michael Owen's voice
  • Crap managers getting job after job after job despite being sacked everywhere they've been - McClaren, Pardew, Allardyce, Hodgson etc
  • New, younger pundits who always have to shoehorn their careers into their analysis of games - Hargreaves, Jenas etc
  • Alan Shearer trying to convince people he has no regrets about his career
  • Gary Lineker (esp on Twitter)
  • The FA
  • People (mainly from Northern Ireland) who use their Celtic/Rangers shirts as a way of informing everyone of their religious persuasion but pretend it's all about the football
  • Cringey football chants
  • Half and half scarves
  • Men who wear hats covered in badges etc
  • Teams winning a game (that's not even a final) and taking videos of them celebrating in the changing rooms and posting on social media. Yeah - Arsenal
  • The notion that England did the greatest thing ever at the World Cup. They beat Panama, Tunisia (narrowly), Sweden and Colombia (pens). Lost to Belgium twice and Croatia. WOW
You seem like a joy to be around...

GHam

When fans moan and get angry about a subbed player taking ages to walk off when his team are winning...knowing full well their players do exactly the same thing

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Modern refereeing encouraging diving. Especially in Europe.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
Anyone that claims you can give more than 100%.