Stuff in football that really annoys you?

Idxomer

“McFred”.

Unsure what’s worse: actual grown adults using that awful moniker or the football said partnership serves up.

Just get in the bin.
Agreed.

Generally, midfielders with average technique annoy me, more if they're starters in my team.

Jericholyte2

Whenever a commentator says that Player / Team X has done, “Ever so well!”.

Could you be any more fecking condescending?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Stats with umpteen number of qualifiers.

Liverpool in the last few years have been terrible for it.
"No club has ever held the PL, CL, CWC and European Super Cup at the same time." Nevermind the CL was won the year before and they'd been knocked out of that year'

ForeverRed1

When people say pep is a better manager than sir Alex and forget to mention the differences in circumstances. They cannot be compared in my opinion. Not saying Pep isn’t a fantastic manager, he is.. but I really want to see him go somewhere with a underdog team, without unlimited funds and the best players.. and create something from scratch. Go win trophies with a spurs and then you could start talking.

When people say pep is a better manager than sir Alex and forget to mention the differences in circumstances. They cannot be compared in my opinion. Not saying Pep isn’t a fantastic manager, he is.. but I really want to see him go somewhere with a underdog team, without unlimited funds and the best players.. and create something from scratch. Go win trophies with a spurs and then you could start talking.
fergie’s achievements at Aberdeen are often forgotten, and are to an extent just as impressive as what he did at United.

ForeverRed1

fergie’s achievements at Aberdeen are often forgotten, and are to an extent just as impressive as what he did at United.
what he did with Aberdeen was unbelievable. Would love peps next move to be somewhere that doesn’t already have the best players or a cheque book with unlimited funds.

maybe juve at this time would be good.. declining and some funds but not unlimited by any means.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Home fans making out everything is going against them when nothing really is. See Wolves today. It annoys me more because we don't seem to do it much to be honest.

Traore dived to try and win a pen and we should've had a corner when it came off Semedo. We've had one or two soft fouls. No agenda or anything, but their fans are making it out like absolutely everything has gone against them.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
When the teams are drawing and the commentators say something like "United have played badly today" but then say the other team has played well. If both teams are drawing they are basically playing just as good as each other, give or take.

ShinjiNinja26

Referee’s playing on past the allocated time added on despite there being no stoppages or other reasons for doing so. And it always happens when one team is defending a goal lead or draw, it’s like they’re fecking desperate for the opposing team to nick an equaliser or a last second winner.

bsCallout

It's not even close and that's no slight on Pep.

bsCallout

When the teams are drawing and the commentators say something like "United have played badly today" but then say the other team has played well. If both teams are drawing they are basically playing just as good as each other, give or take.
That's happened multiple times this season even when we are winning comfortably, apparently the other team is doing really good.

FatTails

The non-stop, endless, boring, mundane, incoherent, crying and moaning about VAR. We used to see many, many, bad decisions, now we we see fewer bad decisions. It’s an improvement, will only get better, and is not going anywhere. Stop moaning, you boring cnuts.

Robertd0803

VAR ref telling the actual ref to go watch a reply on the pitchside monitor after taking 5 minutes to not make a decision.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
VAR ref telling the actual ref to go watch a reply on the pitchside monitor after taking 5 minutes to not make a decision.
That's how it's supposed to work. They haven't "not made a decision", they've made a decision to refer it to the ref. VAR doesn't overrule the ref on penalties at all. They either see there's nothing for him to look at and confirm the penalty, or tell him to look at it on the monitor.

Unfortunately, the way they've been using it in the PL feels a lot more like VAR making the actual decision because the ref will just fecking overturn his original call 99% of the time if VAR tells him to look at the screen. If it's borderline at all, they should just send the ref over to the monitor to make his own call.

Robertd0803

The PL Hall of Fame.
Fully agree.

That's how it's supposed to work. They haven't "not made a decision", they've made a decision to refer it to the ref. VAR doesn't overrule the ref on penalties at all. They either see there's nothing for him to look at and confirm the penalty, or tell him to look at it on the monitor.

Unfortunately, the way they've been using it in the PL feels a lot more like VAR making the actual decision because the ref will just fecking overturn his original call 99% of the time if VAR tells him to look at the screen. If it's borderline at all, they should just send the ref over to the monitor to make his own call.
I know. Its just incredibly annoying and frustrating.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Teams wearing their kit for next season in the final game of the current season. Awful stuff.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
“X team haven’t won at this ground since 1974”

They’ve only played about 2 times in that time

Lee565

I wouldn't even rate him above klopp tbh and there is an argument to be made that Mourinho's overall achievements in football are better than pep's.

It's hard to think of many managers that have been handed managerial roles on a silver platter like pep has, man city was set up years in advance just for him along with surplus amounts of cash and shady player recruitment dealings, Bayern's Munich...I dont really need to elaborate on this and even when he was at Barca he still inherited one hell of a talented side, he had a front 3 of messi, henry and Eto which was probably the best attack in Europe at the time.

FattyFooty

People that can't understand how anyone can "support" two clubs.

I'm also very tired of the SAF was insane at man management, but he wasn't very strong in tactics type of things i read about. Apparently he couldn't buy players either.

Dan_F

Nah. The ref should be able to just say “nah I need another look” and run over right away. VAR should concentrate on getting the replay on screen ASAP, watch it a couple of times and get on with the game. Obviously that is only applicable if the ball has gone out of play.

Hoof the ball

1. When an opposition player stands 1 yard in front of the the ball to prevent a player taking a quick free kick in the middle of the field. The ref never does anything. Just watches, waits, until the offending player backs off 3 seconds later when his team have reorganised again. How in the name of feck is this permitted time and time again?

2. Fred, and seemingly every player on our team insisting on initiating physical contact every time a tackle attempt is made, even though it's perfectly possible to just stab the ball out of the opposition players possession, and inevitable conceding free kick after free kick. Why? Fernandinho aside, City players routinely managed to nick the ball without committing physical contact. That's why they are 2nd best in fouls and we're 3rd worst in the league. Stop leaning your body into oppo players! I swear some of our player just aren't the brightest.

3. When a goalkeeper comes for a cross he can infringe an opposition player, but if the keeper gets 1/3 of the contact from an oppo player its automatic infringement. There's such a ridiculous overprotection of keepers it's unreal to the point of preferential.

George the Cat

Nah, I love the irrational hatred in football. Without it going to a game would be no better than the snoozefests you get at Rugby or Cricket.
I am with you on that one, which brings me onto half and half scarves at matches. I’ve actually seen supposed United fans wear half United half city scarves at OT, that and people at the match messing around on their mobile instead of actually watching the game are incredibly annoying.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
When a team has a throw in and the player starts creeping up the line until he's advanced 20 or 30 yards more than he should have and it very rarely gets blown up.

Watching teams play out from the back then lumping it up the pitch the first sign of pressure.

The way a goalkeeper always gets a foul in his favour even if he clatters into a player when the ball is played into the box.

When a foul is given and an opposition player picks up the ball and walks away with it and never gets booked.

When VAR takes about 5 minutes to work out if a goal is offside or not. If it's that close then the goal should be given.

When a professional footballer getting paid obscene amounts of money can't clear the first man at a corner.

Awards being decided before the season finishes.

Male streakers.

Players calling for other players to be booked. Just let the ref do his job.

Defenders lifting their arms to call for an offside position when the ball is still in play.

And my 2 worst ones are the most obvious. Players feigning injury and diving.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
People calling him ‘Woy Hodgson’

Really bugs me

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Referee’s playing on past the allocated time added on despite there being no stoppages or other reasons for doing so. And it always happens when one team is defending a goal lead or draw, it’s like they’re fecking desperate for the opposing team to nick an equaliser or a last second winner.
I thought this yesterday with our game. The game was still going on 97 mins when there was only 5 added. No way that happens if the score is 3-1.