Stuff in football that really annoys you?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Being the ‘away’ team in a final. I know it makes no difference but I hate it for some reason. Just doesn’t sit right. :lol:

diarm

Defenders or keepers throwing themselves to the ground at the slightest touch and winning the free kick 100% of the time. We all slate attackers for diving and going down easily but nobody ever criticised the defenders who do it all game, every game.

Also, legalized obstruction or "shielding". It's not shielding when you run in a circle around the ball, sticking your arse out to stop players getting to it.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Defenders or keepers throwing themselves to the ground at the slightest touch and winning the free kick 100% of the time. We all slate attackers for diving and going down easily but nobody ever criticised the defenders who do it all game, every game.

Also, legalized obstruction or "shielding". It's not shielding when you run in a circle around the ball, sticking your arse out to stop players getting to it.
It’s so blatant as well. A defender running toward the corner flag, you know what the plan is.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
‘Sits’ in front of the back four by pundits and commentators. You don’t play football sitting down, you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime
Ah, that's unfortunate. Ban locker for you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Both are annoying, yet oddly when it's the attacker trying to waste time in the corner, the officials always seem to give the throw in/decision to the defenders, as if recognising it's arseholery of a high level.

It's bizarre players very very rarely seem to just thwack it against an opponent to get a corner, another throw, but instead inevitably lose the ball 3 seconds after trying to delay things.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
English pundits being so dismissive of other teams in Europe.

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
I just noticed, when listening to Rio Ferdinand's commentary, that he's addressing the players by "Marcus", "David", "Paul" and so on. In his case it's maybe comprehensible, as he's played for the club and most likely knows them. Still I don't like it at all and don't think he should do it. He should talk about them by using their last names .
I also don't understand when supporters are using the players' first names. I just don't get it.

This evening I also was annoyed by McTominay. He got a shoulder barge and went down holding his head/face for almost a minute. They should use VAR to hand out yellow cards for this kind of behaviour. It's despicable.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
English pundits being so dismissive of other teams in Europe.
I don't find it's so much that as the shameless cheerleading, particularly on BT.

I hate it even when they do it for United, but it's fecking nauseating trying to watch any English side in Europe as a neutral as it feels like you're watching their fan channel.

Eternitiy

Bruno Fernandes letting Villarreal take their penalties first AND take penalties in front of their fans.

Absolutely inexcusable and I would like to see him punished by the club for these actions.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
“not his biggest fan but…”

I hate this need for people to make it clear that they aren’t praising the player overall, just the performance because they don’t want to be associated with liking certain players. It’s toxic.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Bruno Fernandes letting Villarreal take their penalties first AND take penalties in front of their fans.

Absolutely inexcusable and I would like to see him punished by the club for these actions.
The commentators said we lost the coin toss twice. Once for the ends and one for who goes first. Not sure how true it is.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I don't find it's so much that as the shameless cheerleading, particularly on BT.

I hate it even when they do it for United, but it's fecking nauseating trying to watch any English side in Europe as a neutral as it feels like you're watching their fan channel.
I thought Owen Hargreaves was good last night at giving a bit of balance, as the other three were focused on United, and Scholes in particular just wrote Villarreal off completely. Hargreaves was the only one who seemed to actually know about the team beyond the manager. He's an underrated pundit in general. Used to struggle with his articulation, but he's come a long way. One of few pundits who knows his stuff and does his homework on non-PL clubs.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Comparing Ole to Fergie. Doesn't need an explanation I think. Also the disrespect for how tactically acute Fergie was. People regularly talk as if because he didn't take coaching sessions later on in his career he was just a man manager. So fecking disrespectful to the Goat just to defend the current man in charge.

Holocene

Pundits pluralising player's names. "Your Salah's and your Mane's"

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Punished :lol:

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Fans and pundits complaining about players card waving. What do you think players shout at the ref after every hard foul?

Pickle85

Players appealing for throws when it's clear as day that they hoofed it off themselves without an oppo within twenty yards. Particularly when they then do the 'OMG CAN'T BELIEVE IT LIFE IS SO UNFAIR' act when, unsurprisingly, the decision doesn't go their way.

Eternitiy

Why is it funny? It's attention to detail like that that will separate elite clubs from the pretenders.

It was also cringeworthy watching Ole scribble his penalty takers down on a notepad when the club should have prepared for every permutation and eventuality.

And how do we allow de Gea to remain on the pitch instead of Henderson given their records against penalties.

Acole9

Outstanding

There was a lot of comments about this on Twitter the other day. BT's punditry on our matches in the Europa League this season has been embarrassing. They clearly don't watch leagues outside of England at all.

When we played AC Milan you would've thought we were playing Accrington Stanley the way Paul Scholes was talking about them.

stw2022

Referee adds on 4 mins of added time. There’s an injury, sub and he’s booked the keeper for time wasting.

He blows for full time at 93:51

Dominos

Them doing the post-game interviews on the pitch now. You can't hear what the players/manager is saying over the sound of the fans, the music playing or the tannoy announcements.