Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
yep, i hope we dont pay him, or sue him for lost revenue
I can only see you lot deciding to sue him if you end up selling him off to Barca/Madrid. Otherwise I doubt Liverpool will give him any more than a fine.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
So much fuss about what is meant by footballing and administrative activity. Its obvious really. Of course he can train and take promotional photos etc, and most likely he can transfer too. Him signing a contract is not an administrative duty.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Has Lugano blamed the English media for the ban yet?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He can't train with Liverpool (or any other club). I guess that he can train privately on his garden.
Yeah any training he does on his own won't be anywhere near full fitness like he'd get if he was at the club. So he probably won't really come back into proper full fitness and form until the new year. Hope this puts off Barca from buying him for a year, but they let Sanchez come to United :)

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
So, Barca still hanging around?

From a contractual position I wonder if Liverpool have to pay him fully during the 4 months. His actions may be in breach of contract.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
The absolute cherry on the top of all this will be the reaction when he leaves Liverpool.

He will just blame the English media and they will lap it up.

:lol:
How's that all going for you lot? Although this isn't a great situation it certainly puts a spanner in the works for all the wishful thinking about him leaving.

Plugsy

The fine is the only thing that can be appealed. If we want to lessen the ban, then it will go to the CAS.
On what grounds is the appeal on? It's his third time.

At Ajax he received a 7 game ban for biting, in England a 10 game ban for the same offence. Now the third time the ban covers about 20 games (9 intl + 9-12 at club level)

How the hell is he possibly going to successfully appeal?

Lewy89

I can only see you lot deciding to sue him if you end up selling him off to Barca/Madrid. Otherwise I doubt Liverpool will give him any more than a fine.
well im in the camp that hopes we sell him, not particularly from a moral point of view (although there is certainly that) but from a business point of view, he's clearly going to do something stupid again, who knows what the ban will be next time, we'll have a completely worthless asset that could have been 50 mill at least, sell him now while we can still get anything for him.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I'm sure Brendan 'the man manager' Rodgers will have something up his sleeve.

Maybe he'll organise casual weekly kickabouts at the local park to keep Suarez fit. Just for fun.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Liverpool fans just dont understand.

You employ a disgusting nutcase, you defend and extend the contract of the disgusting nutcase despite him being a disgusting nutcase under your employ, you then have to take it up the arse and like it when the consequences of the actions of that disgusting nutcase are realized.

They should of offloaded when Arsenal were stupid enough to offer £40 million for him.

Plugsy

That is not fair. Reactionary to satisfy the outrage and thirst for revenge. It solves nothing. Disappointed and disheartened.
Third time biting a fellow professional. What actions were open to them, a standard ban and hope he doesn't do it a fourth time?

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Do you want him sold?

I mean, another season start another Suarez ban. Its beyond ridiculous..
Not sure really. It's a dire situation. Although he missed a chunk of last season and ended up POTY and top scorer. He's still the best player in England and a replacement may not score more than Suarez even with a two month head start.

I just can't see Barca going near him right now as he's toxic.

Lance Uppercut

On what grounds is the appeal on? It's his third time.

At Ajax he received a 7 game ban for biting, in England a 10 game ban for the same offence. Now the third time the ban covers about 20 games (9 intl + 9-12 at club level)

How the hell is he possibly going to successfully appeal?
"Ok, so they said I bit another player but I didn't"

*watches clip*

"Get the f*ck out of my court."

Smithy_123

"Let's stop blaming this on Suarez. It's his fault he's banned from all those Uruguay games, and he deserves it. It's FIFA's made up nonsense that's to blame for the fact he's suspended for us, and we need to appeal very strongly." :D

At least one fan talks some sense: " Don't want to see him in a Red shirt again, sick of the shit he has put this club through."

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

FIFA has form for lessing penalties on appeal.
It's not unusual as imposing a big sanction gives them room to reduce it.

Reducing the sanction may either include a shortening of the ban or allow him to play domestic football.