Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

sharpiesdance

Breaking news: Suarez so angry at decision he burst into FIFA's hotel and bit Blatter's arm off...

bishblaize

He'll miss 9 PL games, 3 CL, the rest of the WC and the next Copa America. Also, as he won't be able to train until October, I'd imagine he'll miss at least 2 or 3 more games for whatever team he plays, until he's fit enough.
The training thing is quite interesting. I mean no-one can stop him hitting his own private gym, but that's not going to be the same as the tailored training he gets at Liverpool. I doubt very much he'll be able to play a match without having trained at all for four months - even guys with injuries are doing something while they're out of first team action. I would guess that he'll need at least another two or three weeks after the ban lifts before he can be considered for first team selection (assuming he doesn't try and get round what is a fairly hard to police part of the ban). My guess is that the Chelsea game would be his first game back.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
if Suarez has any dignity he should return his wages for these 4 months.
I think it's been established long ago that he doesn't have any dignity.

Fair punishment that. Can see why the scouse would feel hard done by but Lance makes a good point. They bought him knowing he was scum and stood by him when he acted up whilst playing for them.

sharpiesdance

Swings and roundabouts. If Barca want him then his price might be lower but then again he won't be playing internationals for about a year. His next season will already be off to a bad start. Will he want to remain at Liverpool?
I don't beleive he EVER wanted to stay at Liverpool. Don's expect loyalty and decency from a twat

ZAGREB RED

Having thought about it - it didn't take long - thinking of indiscretions by Keane and Cantona for example, if he played for United I would want rid of him. Great player but his behaviour is embarrassing. If he did that to someone in a street fight he would be in jail

sharpiesdance

The training thing is quite interesting. I mean no-one can stop him hitting his own private gym, but that's not going to be the same as the tailored training he gets at Liverpool. I doubt very much he'll be able to play a match without having trained at all for four months - even guys with injuries are doing something while they're out of first team action. I would guess that he'll need at least another two or three weeks after the ban lifts before he can be considered for first team selection (assuming he doesn't try and get round what is a fairly hard to police part of the ban). My guess is that the Chelsea game would be his first game back.
watch out mr ivanovic!

WattsamataU

If Suarez can't train for 4 months, he certainly won't be playing as soon as the ban ends. If Liverpool were smart they should impose an extra club 'suspension' (give him a few weeks to regain fitness) and make themselves look good.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Having thought about it - it didn't take long - thinking of indiscretions by Keane and Cantona for example, if he played for United I would want rid of him. Great player but his behaviour is embarrassing. If he did that to someone in a street fight he would be in jail
I really think this should've been a police matter.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
People said he would miss the whole World Cup, yet he starts against England and is immediately the best player on the field. He scored on his Liverpool debut having never trained with the club. As long as he keeps his fitness up he would be able to slot right back into the team, that's one of his many many odd traits.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
If Suarez can't train for 4 months, he certainly won't be playing as soon as the ban ends. If Liverpool were smart they should impose an extra club 'suspension' (give him a few weeks to regain fitness) and make themselves look good.
This is correct....

However, going on Liverpool's track record on such matters, they won't be making themselves look good.

If anything, Dalglish will be in the boardroom now, demanding they give him a new contract and a gum shield so he doesn't hurt his teeth the next time

sharpiesdance

Frankly, the Uruguay boss and captain should be hauled before FIFA for having the gall to say nothing happened

Red Stone

He can train, surely? Just not with the team. He might work extra hard on being super fit for his return. Not getting the pre-season training and matches with the team will definitely hurt him and Liverpool, though.

DOTA

brazilian police too busy beating up non-violent, impoverished locals
I'm sure they could take a break from that, if it was felt prosecuting him would be good for the country's image.

Not that I know how these things work in Brazil. Whether or not it was down to Chiellini to make a complaint.

Lane

Would go along with this.

I'm not sure I'd feel too sorry for them next time, though, if he stays there. You have to think there will be a next time, whoever it is for.
Well i would still feel sorry in a way it's a fecking shame a player of such a great football talent is so damaged i don't know psychologically maybe.

MoskvaRed

So where next for everyone's favorite biting, racially abusing footballer? I imagine Liverpool are getting to the point where they have had enough - Rodgers must realize that, good a man manager as he is, there is a limit to what he can do with a player with a seeming pathological instinct to bite people, while Henry must be totally pissed off to have the club's named dragged through the mud again by association. Of the likely suitors, do the two clubs who probably see them as brand leaders in world football want to take on this risk? Remember the elder statesman of Madrid (Di Stefano) got angry merely with Mourinho's negative tactics, while "mes que un club" doesn't really hold water if you have a player behaving like an irritable Jack Russell. I very much doubt Bayern would want to take him either, irrespective of how good he is. Of the sugar daddy clubs, PSG don't really need him (and, again, in the context of a Qatar PR project ahead of a controversial World Cup, do they want him?), while Monaco are no longer as flush due to the owner's record divorce pay out. There doesn't seem any obvious exit even though Liverpool may decide they have had enough.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The training thing is nonsense really. Obviously he can't train with the team but he'll certainly not lose his fitness. Will just lack a bit of match sharpness when he comes back.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think it's been established long ago that he doesn't have any dignity.

Fair punishment that. Can see why the scouse would feel hard done by but Lance makes a good point. They bought him knowing he was scum and stood by him when he acted up whilst playing for them.
Well, both scouser fans and scouser officials claim that Suarez is an angel.

sharpiesdance

So where next for everyone's favorite biting, racially abusing footballer? I imagine Liverpool are getting to the point where they have had enough - Rodgers must realize that, good a man manager as he is, there is a limit to what he can do with a player with a seeming pathological instinct to bite people, while Henry must be totally pissed off to have the club's named dragged through the mud again by association. Of the likely suitors, do the two clubs who probably see them as brand leaders in world football want to take on this risk? Remember the elder statesman of Madrid (Di Stefano) got angry merely with Mourinho's negative tactics, while "mes que un club" doesn't really hold water if you have a player behaving like an irritable Jack Russell. I very much doubt Bayern would want to take him either, irrespective of how good he is. Of the sugar daddy clubs, PSG don't really need him (and, again, in the context of a Qatar PR project ahead of a controversial World Cup, do they want him?), while Monaco are no longer as flush due to the owner's record divorce pay out. There doesn't seem any obvious exit even though Liverpool may decide they have had enough.
No way Bayern would be connected to him but Real seem to take this sort of thing in their stride... hope no one bids so that the Dippers have a lame duck (albeit it one with sharp teeth) for the first few games

bishblaize

People said he would miss the whole World Cup, yet he starts against England and is immediately the best player on the field. He scored on his Liverpool debut having never trained with the club. As long as he keeps his fitness up he would be able to slot right back into the team, that's one of his many many odd traits.
Yeah but the gap between surgery and returning to training was only three and a half weeks. Not as hard to retain your fitness over that short period. As for his debut, he was still training and will only have lost match sharpness.

This is far tougher. I mean you can go to the gym, but no ball work, no shooting practice, no endurance work, no free kick taking, no tactics boards and so on for four months? World of difference to come back from that in a couple of days.

bloke

some of the fans on liverpool forums are bleating away as expected. 'it's not fair.' ''we should appeal.'' however most agree with the decision.
i wonder if brendan rogers will come out and say they're behind poor louis, again?

Mr. Meeseeks

Completely fair given that this is his third offence.

For those going for the 'hed have gotten less if he elbowed someone in the face' argument, would he really? If he violently elbowed someone in the face three times in his career hed have a lifetime ban from football. 4 months and 9 games for three biting offences is completely fair.

Is it unfair to Liverpool? Non sequitur. Doesnt factor in the decision. Liverpool fans can feel hard done by, but they should blame Suarez, not FIFA.

DOTA

some of the fans on liverpool forums are bleating away as expected. 'it's not fair.' ''we should appeal.'' however most agree with the decision.
i wonder if brendan rogers will come out and say they're behind poor louis, again?
I'd be surprised.

I think he'd be feeling very let down and would choose to make that clear, publicly.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah but the gap between surgery and returning to training was only three and a half weeks. Not as hard to retain your fitness over that short period. As for his debut, he was still training and will only have lost match sharpness.

This is far tougher. I mean you can go to the gym, but no ball work, no shooting practice, no endurance work, no free kick taking, no tactics boards and so on for four months? World of difference to come back from that in a couple of days.
I think that he can (and will do) all of those things. Just not with a professional club. He is wealthy enough to pay a fitness coach and probably wouldn't be a bad idea to go and play for an amatour club (that isn't registrated on Uruguyan FA) on Uruguay.

Rafateria

Good decision, not harsh at all. Embarassed himself big time.
Yep. It's about right. Tough on us though. Still we had a better winning % without him than with him so if the Summer's transfers go OK maybe it won't affect us too much at all.

WhoScored.com ‏@WhoScored 4s
Luis Suarez: Liverpool have won 47.7% of their 107 PL games with Suarez starting and 61.9% of the 21 without him since signing in 2011 #LFC

WattsamataU

He can train, surely? Just not with the team. He might work extra hard on being super fit for his return. Not getting the pre-season training and matches with the team will definitely hurt him and Liverpool, though.
He could train as in exercise but he will probably need a few weeks of match simulation in training before playing a premier league game.

Eriksen

Liverpool FC forums:

Some of the quotes from there. It's genuinely the majority too, not the minority.

"so its a worse act than breaking someone's nose. Its official."

"The fact that they are punishing us in this doesn't make sense AT ALL in the slightest.

It's mind boggling and I hope that we do appeal because it's just a trumped up charge." - Yeah because its totally you they are intending to punish.

"Minimum of 9 Premier league games, groups stages of CL, and any league cup games = Total stitch up for LFC!!!"

"What a complete joke this is haha."

There's millions more, most of them are outraged. They also seem to have the idea that its them being punished, rather than Suarez personally. He's been banned from all footballing activities because an international ban isn't enough, simple as. They are mental.