Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Not at all. I'm full of joy today that the world knows Suarez for what he is and Liverpool for the weak-kneed apologists that they are. You made this bed the moment you closed ranks and tried to blame Evra, and your chickens have come home to roost. I do feel sorry for those Liverpool fans who must have realised from that moment what your club was letting themselves in for. Blaming the victim of a racial attack was only the beginning, but it pointed your club in this direction and every single fan who ever tried to minimize what Suarez did then, and subsequently, is part of this clusterfeck. And for anyone to speak of "manning up" amid this collective cowardice is actually hilarious. So, not joyless at all. Shaking my damn head slightly ruefully and laughing at you.
I laughed at the Uruguayans because they are ridiculous and simultanouesly hilarious. You took that as an opportunity to call me a coward and express your disgust. And now you happen to find the same thing hilarious.

You are all over the place.

MTR

hates Herrera
Don't look at my tag. Not native English speaker
Uruguay Representative claims the federation is considering not playing vs Colombia because of the Suárez ban. [@vickydavilalafm]

Vicky Dávila‏@vickydavilalafm
Delegado de Uruguay dice que selección de ese país estaría incluso pensando en no presentarse, tras sanción contra Suárez.

That's fecking strange considering he got lesser ban than most of the people expected.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
On what basis do they have grounds for an appeal. Their "defence" consisted of lying their asses off. :lol:
I am thinking the "so sorry" route could still produce a reduced sentence.

Depends on whether he has any Liverpool representatives whispering in his ear. If not, I imagine Uruguay will just go for broke and deny, deny, deny.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It's a disappointing ban. Less than he deserved, really. His national association, and team mates lacked class. They could have sent him home instead of insisted nothing happened, despite evidence to the contrary.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I really really hope Uruguay kick up a massive fuss about this. It's be so funny.

In any case, I don't think the ban should be expanded for Liverpool, but perhaps longer international ban, or banning Uruguay altogether or whatever.
I think likewise.

Obviously, like.

Sultan

Depends on whether he has any Liverpool representatives whispering in his ear. If not, I imagine Uruguay will just go for broke and deny, deny, deny.
Sorry?

Oddly they've been supporting him for the last few days. Will they be wearing t shirts in support at the next game?

Planky

"Lack of evidence"? :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I laughed at the Uruguayans because they are ridiculous and simultanouesly hilarious. You took that as an opportunity to call me a coward and express your disgust. And now you happen to find the same thing hilarious.

You are all over the place.
Everything the Uruguayans have done has been pretty scouse it has to be said.

Sultan

I would be sacked within a day if I had bitten someone at my place of work. Obviously it would cost Liverpool too much money for that to ever happen.

forevrared

I would be sacked within a day if I had bitten someone at my place of work. Obviously it would cost Liverpool too much money for that to ever happen.
Surely clubs are smart enough to protect themselves with a 'gross misconduct' type of clause in contracts? Especially given that he's done it twice while a Liverpool player.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I'm just waiting for this to be implemented as a preferred move on FM.

Lane

Somebody maybe posted it already, but still, that's just great.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Uruguay Representative claims the federation is considering not playing vs Colombia because of the Suárez ban. [@vickydavilalafm]

Vicky Dávila‏@vickydavilalafm
Delegado de Uruguay dice que selección de ese país estaría incluso pensando en no presentarse, tras sanción contra Suárez.
No way this will happen. There's no way the traveling fans will be left hung out to dry like that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see, erm, t-shirts.

The ban is absolutely fine/fair, but forcing his ejection from the Uruguay camp is, quite frankly, not within FIFAs remit. Forcing him to train privately but not with his club or team mates also is OTT.

Those two things are the ones that grate and somewhat add fuel to the victimisation fire. I have absolutely no idea how they will help Luis own up and not feed his poor me syndrome.

Aporkalypse

Not a chance an apology would do anything now, not after the way he and the Uruguayan officials handled it publicly.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
No way this will happen. There's no way the traveling fans will be left hung out to dry like that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see, erm, t-shirts.

The ban is absolutely fine/fair, but forcing his ejection from the Uruguay camp is, quite frankly, not within FIFAs remit. Forcing him to train privately but not with his club or team mates also is OTT.

Those two things are the ones that grate and somewhat add fuel to the victimisation fire. I have absolutely no idea how they will help Luis own up and not feed his poor me syndrome.
He shouldn't have bitten his opponent then. He can feel sorry for himself all he likes, he is a grown man and should be able to learn a simple lesson the first time. Rehabilitation is now not an option. That has to come from himself, he has to feel he's done wrong.