Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

Acole9

Outstanding
That Lugano not only is he a clown when he plays but he's a clown off it too. He's got off bloody lightly, I knew this would happen! Fifa have bottled this.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why does Lugano defend him like that? I know they're team-mates, but how does that help Suarez? He clearly has issue and telling him he did nothing wrong will not help him learn.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
:lol: I'm genuinely amazed by Lugano's comments. Is he on a wum?

Djemba-Djemba

Lugano is coming across almost as big an idiot as Suarez.

He should seek out some professional help too. I'm sure if Poyet is on ITV tonight we'll hear similar gibberish defending him.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The length of the ban for a bite seems about right but the bit that seems to be missing for me is that this is the 3rd time he has done this in 4 years. The ban should have been much longer.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Why does Lugano defend him like that? I know they're team-mates, but how does that help Suarez? He clearly has issue and telling him he did nothing wrong will not help him learn.
Exactly. You can only assume he genuinely believes what he's saying and is therefore a feckin idiot.

If I was his team mate I'd be royally pissed off with him.

I think I agree with whoever posted it earlier in the thread - that the act itself is somewhat pre-meditated. I reckon he's looking to get the opponent sent off and isn't arsed about the implications after the game or at least hadn't given them any thought. Pure gamesmanship. And it probably would have worked 50 years ago before there were video cameras everywhere. Moron.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Hell, cops lie for each other over crimes, Liverpool's execs lied for Suarez when he racially abused Evra, not that strange, people care more about the group dynamics than the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Can we open the usual Suarez thread in the Football Forum now please? :)

Only because I feel we could be discussing the impact this will have on him as a player, his future and his future with Liverpool. I predict that they'll look to sell him now, they're basically forced to. But will Barca/Real still want him? Ballague claims that they're still interested. Will they get to buy him on a cut-price deal because the world knows he's trouble?

So many questions. Isn't it wonderful!

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Can we open the usual Suarez thread in the Football Forum now please? :)

Only because I feel we could be discussing the impact this will have on him as a player, his future and his future with Liverpool. I predict that they'll look to sell him now, they're basically forced to. But will Barca/Real still want him? Ballague claims that they're still interested. Will they get to buy him on a cut-price deal because the world knows he's trouble?

So many questions. Isn't it wonderful!
I think they will still want him.

On a side note, it's amusing me how Barney really wants CAS to come to the rescue. Didn't one of their lawyers say they expect a long ban for it?

gasmanc

Banned
The appeal is surely going to be hilarious, the original reasoning of slipping into Chiellini with his mouth was bad enough, perhaps he can claim to have been wearing a pair of Gerrards boots for the game.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
I think they will still want him.

On a side note, it's amusing me how Barney really wants CAS to come to the rescue. Didn't one of their lawyers say they expect a long ban for it?
I wonder how we would be behaving as a club if Suarez had been our player all of this time and had just been found guilty of biting again, for a 3rd time? Would we stick by him? People will bring up Cantona but it's so, so different. Just as the Zidane incident was.

Suarez is literally just running around biting opponents!

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
:lol: I'm genuinely amazed by Lugano's comments. Is he on a wum?
I think there's just something that makes a lot of Uruguayans turn insane when it comes to their national team.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thought Suarez deserved a six month ban so this is a bit light, though more than I thought FIFA would actually hand out tbf.

In a way it's a bit unfair on Liverpool. Then again, they know well what Suarez is like. If you're willing to have that kind of character in your team then you have to expect to get dragged into difficulty. I mean even after this there's absolutely no reason to think Suarez will behave any better from now on. If Liverpool keep him they're leaving themselves exposed to further trouble.

jimorrison

the football ban for 4 months needs to start when the EPL begins because if that is not the case then technically he will only be suspended 2 months from his club.

Steev

"Luis Suarez, you're banned from football. You and your children... and your children's children...for four months"

Winrar

FIFA should punish Uruguay for trying to appeal. I just don't know how someone in their right minds try to defend this.

kps88

I think there's just something that makes a lot of Uruguayans turn insane when it comes to their national team.
I don't even think it's just the national team. They just really like to protect their own no matter what they do. I remember Poyet fawning over him during the Evra incident and actually being sad he missed a penalty against his team when he was going through a dry patch. I guess there's an "evil foreigners" element to it as well. It's the opposite of somewhere like England where, if Rooney did the same, they would be burning effigies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I don't even think it's just the national team. They just really like to protect their own no matter what they do. I remember Poyet fawning over him during the Evra incident and actually being sad he missed a penalty against his team when he was going through a dry patch. I guess there's an "evil foreigners" element to it as well. It's the opposite of somewhere like England where, if Rooney did the same, they would be burning effigies.
I think that's because they pin the hopes of their national team on Suarez, though.

I blame their World Cup wins. It must have a strange effect having two world cups to your name but having been largely irrelevant in world football for half a century.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Thinking about the punishment they've handed down, I actually see it as two different punishments with two different purposes.

I think the 4 month bit is targeted very much at Ratfink, trying to shock him into realisation.

The international bit I think is actually targeted at the Uruguayan FA for their statements etc over the last couple of days. I reckon that part would have been just 4 or 5 international games if they'd acted better, instead they started publically stating utter bollocks which pissed off FIFA who've turned round with a real "feck you then, we'll mess your team up for the next year or so".

I think if the Uruguayan FA appeal it would only be that international ban that gets reconsidered, I think Suarez would have to appeal personally for the 4 month bit to be looked at.

Thom

Can't believe you thought 6 international games would have been fair.

:wenger:
Why can't you believe that? I think the penalty he's been given is quite harsh. And especially on Liverpool.

Media is hyping this up. It was a disgraceful act, mind. But hitting someone in the back like Song did ended with one match ban - is that okay?..

Pepe with a violent act for what.. ninth time in his career = one match ban..

Last edited:

louvega

The man needs a very serious wake up call, same to the Uruguay FA. Hopefully this time the ban will help. I find the denial much worse than the bite itself.

Thisistheone

Why can't you believe that? I think the penalty he's been given is quite harsh. And especially on Liverpool.
Because he bit someone, For the third time. And then reacted as if nothing was wrong.

Forget Liverpool, it's nothing to do with them. It's about punishing Suarez. No way FIFA were going to let him play domestic football straight away, that wouldn't have been a serious enough punishment.

That's why anyone who thought it wouldn't affect his domestic season, like you, were wide of the mark.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
It's bullshit that Liverpool have to suffer but I guess that's just the way it goes. He's a fecking cretin, and Liverpool need to get rid. 3 F****** times? I'd take £40 million plus Sanchez/pedro If I was Rodgers right now.