Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Wow, that's harsh. I honestly didn't expect more than 15 games (club + country) and a fine. And the training ban is just mean :lol:. I actually feel a little sorry for the guy, although what he did was unbelievably stupid. What the feck was he expecting there, I wonder. :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm a bit thick, I've only just realised that he's only going to miss about 7 PL games.

The 4 months should have been made to start from the beginning of the season.

talkin2me

Harsh sentencing, imo, but FIFA definitely took his history into account. Sucks for LFC, though.
What I don't understand is, how Suarez gets banned, yet Sakho and Giroud won't even get investigated. Deliberately elbowing someone in the face is on the same level as biting someone in the sholder. At least in my book.
I might be a bit biased, because Germany could face France in the quarters, but the constant elbowing in today's football really annoys me.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Harsh sentencing, imo, but FIFA definitely took his history into account. Sucks for LFC, though.
What I don't understand is, how Suarez gets banned, yet Sakho and Giroud won't even get investigated. Deliberately elbowing someone in the face is on the same level as biting someone in the sholder. At least in my book.
I might be a bit biased, because Germany could face France in the quarters, but the constant elbowing in today's football really annoys me.
No it isn't. Biting is in it's own weird category and it's the third time.

Djemba-Djemba

Old news I know and of course it's the 3rd time he's bitten somebody so it was always going to be more severe but all this just confirms that the ban he received for racially abusing Evra was pathetically small. Was it just 8 games or something? He should have been banned for the rest of the season and then some. Disgraceful.

Revan

Assumptionman
Nothing for Liverpool, but he'll miss his country's biggest game for years.
Not exactly nothing. 9 games in the league and 3 in UCL (Liverpool are in pot 3 or 4 so expect a very difficult group for them).

They'll suffer and I think that by the time of his return, their season will be over.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Nobody to blame but Luis. He's going to have to live with the knowledge that his stupid actions have severely harmed his country's chances for the World Cup (and more importantly my chance of winning the pools I'm currently stuck in).

As for Liverpool, I feel sorry for Rodgers. He's seemed to work wonders with Suarez this year, played a blinder in terms of getting him focused and firing for our season only for this to happen in a match totally unrelated to us. I'm hoping there's some clause in the new contract that at least allows for us to reduce his wage somewhat over the time period because he's just made himself not just useless but a hindrance to our plans for next season, and it would grate somewhat if we have no way to claw something back for this. I think the owners are going to have to invest a little more than they initially planned, another quality attacker needs to come in in order to keep us ticking over for that first run of games. Whether or not Barca want Suarez this should be the signal to go all out on Sanchez.

In conclusion, feck sake Luis.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
It is not people need to stop saying this.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Nothing for Liverpool, but he'll miss his country's biggest game for years.
If Uruguay are knocked out will he miss the Copa America next summer?

I think 8 games will cover it comfortably as Uruguay wont have any competitive games till them.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Seems about fair to me. Hopefully it holds up, assuming an appeal is on its way.

EDIT - Suarez, I mean, not Morgoth....

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I'm a bit thick, I've only just realised that he's only going to miss about 7 PL games.

The 4 months should have been made to start from the beginning of the season.
He'll miss 9 PL games, 3 CL, the rest of the WC and the next Copa America. Also, as he won't be able to train until October, I'd imagine he'll miss at least 2 or 3 more games for whatever team he plays, until he's fit enough.

Lane

Actually i am feeling sorry for Liverpool. I mean not much:devil: but some. While Suarez is basically embodies some section of Liverpool supporters, he is self-pitying delusionist as some paper branded him, but then there are some of the proper fans. Who acknowledge he has problems, but ultimately stood by him believing he can change. And now this. It is unfortunate. Or think about Rodgers. He's done a fantastic job, and sep in respect of getting Suarez on the right track. And now under different management he does this.

DOTA

Actually i am feeling sorry for Liverpool. I mean not much:devil: but some. While Suarez is basically embodies some section of Liverpool supporters, he is self-pitying delusionist as some paper branded him, but then there are some of the proper fans. Who acknowledge he has problems, but ultimately stood by him believing he can change. And now this. It is unfortunate. Or think about Rodgers. He's done a fantastic job, and sep in respect of getting Suarez on the right track. And now under different management he does this.
Would go along with this.

I'm not sure I'd feel too sorry for them next time, though, if he stays there. You have to think there will be a next time, whoever it is for.

Red Rebel

Swings and roundabouts. If Barca want him then his price might be lower but then again he won't be playing internationals for about a year. His next season will already be off to a bad start. Will he want to remain at Liverpool?

Eriksen

I actually think this is lenient. Should've been a full season.

Oh well though, at least it's not something stupid like 3 games.

sharpiesdance

He'll miss 9 PL games, 3 CL, the rest of the WC and the next Copa America. Also, as he won't be able to train until October, I'd imagine he'll miss at least 2 or 3 more games for whatever team he plays, until he's fit enough.
they'll have him training alone or with juniors... there is always a way around that bit

DOTA

Swings and roundabouts. If Barca want him then his price might be lower but then again he won't be playing internationals for about a year. His next season will already be off to a bad start. Will he want to remain at Liverpool?
He'd be a brave man to stay in England.