Television Succession

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
A rewatch definitely in order.

Best show on tv
It's actually unreal. Appreciating it more and more as I re-watch. If it carries on this trajectory it will be one of my favourite shows of all time.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Can't wait!

Got two episodes left on season 2. My second watch-through. I think season two is even better. Some great quotes

"It smells like the cheesemonger died and left his dick in the brie" is one of my favourites :lol:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Really struggling to get my crew into this, it's doing my head in.

Can't really encapsulate it's awesomeness in a trailer.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So just finished the last episode for the second time. Such an awesome ending.

Greg the egg, man. I'm telling you. That guy is a silent assassin!

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Ad for this just came on Sky Sports and immediately lifted my sullen mood after our result. Recommended.

cyberman

It’s going to fizzle out and be shit out as an app IMO. Can’t see anybody taking charge after Logan and having it work as an ending

nimic

something nice
Scout
Yet he is my favourite character :lol:
He's weirdly the character with the most insight into his own flaws, with the possible exception of Kendall. When shit gets real, Roman says "I'm a bit of an idiot, if this is important maybe someone else should do it".

It tickles me that his name isn't even really Roman, it's Romulus.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’m on the finale of season 2 in my rewatch. Perfect timing.

L to the O GGGGGGGG

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
So who is everyone's favourite Roy?

Obviously they are all despicable human beings, but they are all also likable in their own way.

I'm leaning towards Romulus but it's a close run thing.

edcunited1878

Cousin Greg is the definition of failing up and it's so hilarious and cringe. But there's just enough in him to make him dangerous enough.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Indie Wire's review says that season 3 is Succession in "full-on beast mode" and now I will never visit that website again.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Tom is the best imo. Second is Gregg but Kendall is up there too.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Cousin Greg is the definition of failing up and it's so hilarious and cringe. But there's just enough in him to make him dangerous enough.
I love Greg.

Greg is the ultimate insult to the company men who will work hard and be loyal for 30 years but never earn a fraction of what Greg earns after 3 years, just because he’s a relative. His reaction to the yacht in the last episode of season 2 was brilliant.

Greg being unimpressed by this super yacht within a year or so of vomiting through the eyes of a character at one of the parks is a great character arc.

i have work in the morning. But I am tempted to watch this at 2am

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The way things have gone It’s a bit annoying being hyped for a show and having to wait week to week for content. GOT and breaking bad were the last two but I actually didn’t even bother finishing GOT in the end. I used to like it when I was really busy and eventually I’d have a few to watch in a row instead. I think the best way to watch shows is in 2/3 episodes at a time. I’ll most likely be sticking this on HBO tonight though :)

Last edited:

edcunited1878

I love Greg.

Greg is the ultimate insult to the company men who will work hard and be loyal for 30 years but never earn a fraction of what Greg earns after 3 years, just because he’s a relative. His reaction to the yacht in the last episode of season 2 was brilliant.

Greg being unimpressed by this super yacht within a year or so of vomiting through the eyes of a character at one of the parks is a great character arc.

i have work in the morning. But I am tempted to watch this at 2am
All great points!

I say get some sleep and you have something to look forward to after work. It's only the first episode, so nothing too crazy should happen.

Jev

Very torn on how to watch this, having binged the first two. It's not a mystery show where the waiting, the guessing and the reading of theories is part of the experience. I've always found it jarring and inevitably flat once you get to the point where you catch up on a series and go from bingeing to weekly viewing.

I'm considering starting a (first) rewatch of the first two seasons now so there'll be a handful of episodes ready once I get to season 3 so I can watch it more intensely.

What are the rest of you gonna do? Wait and binge or watch the new episode(s) ASAP?

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Very torn on how to watch this, having binged the first two. It's not a mystery show where the waiting, the guessing and the reading of theories is part of the experience. I've always found it jarring and inevitably flat once you get to the point where you catch up on a series and go from bingeing to weekly viewing.

I'm considering starting a (first) rewatch of the first two seasons now so there'll be a handful of episodes ready once I get to season 3 so I can watch it more intensely.

What are the rest of you gonna do? Wait and binge or watch the new episode (s) ASAP?
I’m going to wait and binge the rest. This one had me thinking I should have rewatched S2 heading into it, as the tempo left me behind so to speak and not enjoying it as much as I thought I would.

Dante

Average bang
I’m going to wait and binge the rest. This one had me thinking I should have rewatched S2 heading into it, as the tempo left me behind so to speak and not enjoying it as much as I thought I would.
I watched some recap videos on Youtube so it was all fresh in my mind.

These two were good for season 1 and season 2 individually:

And this one was a decent full retrospective in case I missed anything from the above two: