Television Succession

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You want to suck my dick?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Great opening episode though. Kendall just going full manic after the press conference high. And the stuff with Rava. He’s a great actor.

The juice is loose baby!

edcunited1878

Season 3 - Episode 1 - Roy Family Rankings (Who Is Doing the F'ing and Who Is Getting F'ed!)
  1. Kendall
  2. Logan
  3. Greg
  4. Tom
  5. Shiv
  6. Roman
  7. The Old Heads - Gerri/Frank/Hugo/Karl
  8. Rava
  9. Marcia
  10. Connor

Agent Red

Just watched the first ep - surely a bit of history there between Shiv and her ‘old friend’ Lisa the lawyer.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Well that didn’t disappoint. Best show currently on TV for me. And by some distance.

My only slight worry is that if Greg is all in on team Kendall, that might leave less time for some Tom and Greg stuff. They’re the greatest couple in it.

edcunited1878

Well that didn’t disappoint. Best show currently on TV for me. And by some distance.

My only slight worry is that if Greg is all in on team Kendall, that might leave less time for some Tom and Greg stuff. They’re the greatest couple in it.
Tom and Greg will always have a connection, even if they are separated by distance. Cruise Division!

What they know precedes everything those two say and do, individually and as a duo. Now they are on 'different' sides, with the common knowledge of cruises. Wow!

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
"It's a pope not the Pope..."

:lol:

What an opener. This season is gonna fly by way too quickly.

Fts 74

I'm debating whether to watch episode 1 or wait until 2/3 have been on and watch them all at once.

What I do know is it'll be all over too soon outstanding show.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So we had a chilling call back in this one. When they were in the car and Greg was talking about how this is like OJ. And then he says to Kendall "well you haven't killed anyone" And Kendall responds "not that you know of". Obviously a call back to season one.

But I was thinking would Logan use this against Kendall. I don't think he would simply because I don't think it would align with what the show is about, and also Logan would be kind of implicating himself. But got me thinking anyway. In times of desperation would he go there.

AgentSmith

So we had a chilling call back in this one. When they were in the car and Greg was talking about how this is like OJ. And then he says to Kendall "well you haven't killed anyone" And Kendall responds "not that you know of". Obviously a call back to season one.

But I was thinking would Logan use this against Kendall. I don't think he would simply because I don't think it would align with what the show is about, and also Logan would be kind of implicating himself. But got me thinking anyway. In times of desperation would he go there.
I was thinking that too.

Could only envision it being brought up if Kendall had clearly won the war, and Logan chose to go for a scorched-Earth policy while chilling in Saravejo.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I was thinking that too.

Could only envision it being brought up if Kendall had clearly won the war, and Logan chose to go for a scorched-Earth policy while chilling in Saravejo.
Yeah. IF they are going to do it, it's going to be the last resort as you say. I still don't think they will, but it was interesting that it was brought up as a reminder to the audience.

diarm

This show just keeps on delivering consistently excellent episodes.

That scene in the daughter's bedroom was like fecking Shakespeare. Just brilliant dialogue, a build up to a united betrayal and a triumphant Kendall, only for Logan to bring the house of cards tumbling down with a box of fecking donuts!

All their machinations, big words and scheming and he spends $12 to smack their arses and remind them of the silly little children they are.

Loved the Sadam pic, Marsha the big bad of the whole show getting hers and Roman telling Gerri not to threaten him because he doesn't have time to jerk off might even be better than Logan's suck my dick line!

diarm

I love the intro, but I suddenly realized the ages of the children in it don't match. They're impostors.
Rich people don't follow normal rules. I know a lad whose family own supermarkets and cash and carrys in the UK and Ireland. They're bloody minted.

The oldest "kid" will be 60 next year and the youngest (my mate) just turned 35.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
“You drop some bombs, you get burned too.”

So I guess this answers my question from last week. He's not going to use what Kendall did at the end of season 1. I didn't think he would and this confirmed that

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
So good again. Jeremy Strong is a fantastic actor. The way he can shift his whole persona so easily suits Kendell as a character so well.

Although you can really tell how much Covid fecked up filming. Everything is a bit less grandiose. Instead of them bickering with each other on super yachts and at massive tribute events they're doing it in hotel rooms and private jets.

Moby

Dick
So good again. Jeremy Strong is a fantastic actor. The way he can shift his whole persona so easily suits Kendell as a character so well.

Although you can really tell how much Covid fecked up filming. Everything is a bit less grandiose. Instead of them bickering with each other on super yachts and at massive tribute events they're doing it in hotel rooms and private jets.
Yeah. Noticed that as well.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
If they can maintain this quality up to the end of season 4 (that's a big 'if', I know), Succession would overtake The Wire as my favourite ever TV drama.
I think it's on course (as you say IF they can maintain it) to being up there with The Sopranos for me. The Sopranos is still the best, but this would be second in my ranking if they can keep it up. It's incredible stuff.

I saw a few people criticizing this episode a bit. Don't get it myself as I thought it was excellent. Loved the last 15-20 minutes or so.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I've started it - only watched the first episode which I found a bit slow but can see glimmers. I will carry on with it later.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've started it - only watched the first episode which I found a bit slow but can see glimmers. I will carry on with it later.
Definitely takes a few eps to get going but it just gets better from there.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Didn’t even think of that but yeah very true.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I started this show last week having heard nothing about it until probably a week before that. I saw everyone raving about it, so decided to give it a bash. 4 episodes into season 1 and I was thinking, you are all trolling. This show is horrible. Ive just finished season 2 and without even noticing, I fecking love the show. How the feck did that happen? Season 2 was outstanding.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Just finished episode 3 - can see where it's going now they are all going to try and out cnut each other aren't they?