Television Succession

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
To all the people just getting into watching this, stick till Episode 6 of Season 1. If you still don't get into it by the end of that episode, then the show isn't for you, but I'd say most of you will get into it by then.

Moby

Dick
To all the people just getting into watching this, stick till Episode 6 of Season 1. If you still don't get into it by the end of that episode, then the show isn't for you, but I'd say most of you will get into it by then.
If i remember correctly thats the vote of no confidence?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You'd better be smelling your fecking armpit, Romulus.
That scene has Mad Men carousel scene vibes for me. Two scenes that really hook you in the series and then they deliver episode after episode of stellar television.

Loon

:lol:
The best thing on TV at the moment. Plus Brian Cox's biography holds no prisoners.

The Firestarter

I don't know how he does it or whether that's the only thing he can do, but Jeremy Strong should be the reference for how to play the insecure rich cnut. Absolutely flawless.

I felt like this was the best episode so far.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Kendall just an absolute freight train :lol: playing Rape Me over the speakers ffs. Looks like Shiv got to him though. I wonder who Tom was calling?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Kendall just an absolute freight train :lol: playing Rape Me over the speakers ffs. Looks like Shiv got to him though. I wonder who Tom was calling?
I thought it was the same lawyer that represents Greg?

Also the security guy who came into Kendell was the same guy who helped cover up the death of the woman in the car in season one right? Or am I imagining things? It's been a while.

AgentSmith

I thought it was the same lawyer that represents Greg?

Also the security guy who came into Kendell was the same guy who helped cover up the death of the woman in the car in season one right? Or am I imagining things? It's been a while.
Yeah same guy. It definitely seems to be building towards that resurfacing as a form of leverage, has been referenced in every episode.

kps88

Yeah same guy. It definitely seems to be building towards that resurfacing as a form of leverage, has been referenced in every episode.
Yeah I'm amazed that hasn't come up in a big way already. It's a huge piece of leverage and was the main reason why Logan was able to keep Kendall in line last season.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah I'm amazed that hasn't come up in a big way already. It's a huge piece of leverage and was the main reason why Logan was able to keep Kendall in line last season.
Logan would go down for it too though. No doubt it'll be used as a last resort at some point.

Moby

Dick
I don't know how he does it or whether that's the only thing he can do, but Jeremy Strong should be the reference for how to play the insecure rich cnut. Absolutely flawless.

I felt like this was the best episode so far.
I've watched him in three things including this unless I'm missing something and he's been great in all of them.

Cynical banker in The Big Short
Hippy protester in Chicago 7
And this.

Moby

Dick
There were so many great lines in this episode. But every scene felt like there was so much riding on it. It could easily have been a season finale.
Yeah, it's weird to have an early season episode with so much going on. They've really set a very high benchmark for this season.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Connor's great this season. "I would like some suck suck on my dickey dick" :lol:

Also the Kendall/ Greg bit with the watch was great.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
To be honest that watch bit was a bit confusing to me, was it just supposed to be some light humor and maybe to highlight a lack of empathy/authenticity or was it a deliberate attempt of teaching Greg a lesson (that I have missed)?

Aint gota Kalou

To be honest that watch bit was a bit confusing to me, was it just supposed to be some light humor and maybe to highlight a lack of empathy/authenticity or was it a deliberate attempt of teaching Greg a lesson (that I have missed)?
My interpretation is that Kendall was so wrapped up in his ego that he forgot just how valuable Greg is to him, a relatively small gesture that would've bought him a fair bit of loyalty from Greg.

Can see Greg siding with Tom - which is why Tom says that he wouldve bought him this watch. Tom is looking like he may cooperate with the authorities atm but who actually knows

Moby

Dick
My interpretation is that Kendall was so wrapped up in his ego that he forgot just how valuable Greg is to him, a relatively small gesture that would've bought him a fair bit of loyalty from Greg.

Can see Greg siding with Tom - which is why Tom says that he wouldve bought him this watch. Tom is looking like he may cooperate with the authorities atm but who actually knows
I think so too.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I actually find it odd how they treat Greg, considering he's one of the people who knows everything!

He could be a big problem or a massive asset depending on who actually embraces him.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Yes, now that you spelled it out for me, it seems clear to me that it was meant like this.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Probably the best episode so far. Hopefully, the show opens up a bit from here and introduces some of the new characters (Alexander Skarsgård, Adrien Brody, etc.)

Interesting whether Shiv and Kendall's relationship has come to an end here. They've obviously had sparring matches before, and the kids generally treat each other like shit in terms of what they call each other, but it always felt flippant. This felt different.

Great fecking ending to the episode, too.

The Firestarter

I actually find it odd how they treat Greg, considering he's one of the people who knows everything!

He could be a big problem or a massive asset depending on who actually embraces him.
To me that also underlines the main point of the series, how out of reality these people are. Self absorbed, narcissistic, every time they try to appear normal it is incredibly awkward.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
To me that also underlines the main point of the series, how out of reality these people are. Self absorbed, narcissistic, every time they try to appear normal it is incredibly awkward.
Yeah, that's true.

I suppose on another show Greg would be the triumphant winner at the end of the series where he shows up these narcissistic assholes who underestimated him, and he fecks them all over.

But I don't think this is "that" show, to be honest.