Television Succession

Agent Red

The whole “I’m the eldest son!” scene with Connor could come back to be significant. He has a different mother and so I guess will have a different stake in the business that couldn’t be traded in by Caroline. I wonder if/how that will be relevant next season and which side he’ll come down on.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
They must unite temporarily next season. I mean papa and kids.

I'm glad Ken's confession wasn't public though the scene with Shiv and Rom was far better.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
The whole “I’m the eldest son!” scene with Connor could come back to be significant. He has a different mother and so I guess will have a different stake in the business that couldn’t be traded in by Caroline. I wonder if/how that will be relevant next season and which side he’ll come down on.
Implication is that trio's mom got that clause for them but it is not necessary that Connor did and that could be one of the reasons why he is also so easily side-lined by his father.

Brophs

The One and Only
The real take away is that Conor finally got his hooker with a heart of gold.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
When Kendall was confessing to Shiv and Roman, he mentioned diving a couple times to try and save the kid. That definitely didn't happen, right?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
When Kendall was confessing to Shiv and Roman, he mentioned diving a couple times to try and save the kid. That definitely didn't happen, right?
It did.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Tom-Fecking-Wambsgans

He finally did it. This has been coming since season 1. I kept waiting for him to finally bite back, and here he is. What a dog!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Damn that was such a great finale. As others said, it was a season of great individual episodes but the overall plot was a bit messy and meandering but they really nailed the finish, so good.

incredible acting from all but Kieran Culkin stole the show.

littlepeasoup

I think really good TV shows make you feel like they were made specifically with you in mind, and Succession is that for me. The tone, the black humour, the acting - man I love it so much. Definitely my favourite show on TV at the moment and right up there on my GOAT list.

No doubt I'll have rewatched all three seasons multiple times before we get season four.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Damn that was such a great finale. As others said, it was a season of great individual episodes but the overall plot was a bit messy and meandering but they really nailed the finish, so good.

incredible acting from all but Kieran Culkin stole the show.
At first I read this as “incredible acting from all but Kieran Culkin” and was about to call you all sorts :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
"You can see it right from the first couple of episodes - he's always been desperate for Logan's approval."
That, and ever since the first season, particularly when Shiv announced on her wedding night that she wanted an open marriage, this betrayal of Shiv has been coming. Soooo many times she has shit on him only for him to come back to her like a well-trained puppy. Looks like he finally said "feck it"

Also, Matthew Macfadyen the true MVP of the show. Jeremy Strong, Kieran Culkin, and Brian Cox get all the plaudits (and they're obviously great) but I find Macfadyen to be very underrated. I think he has a lot more range to him that may go unnoticed sometimes.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
:lol: I kinda want to re watch the season now. Seems to be a lot of foreshadowing.

Yep, I rewatched it at the halfway mark and there are a lot of references to future events. Why I didn't understand the complaints for the plot being disjointed, it doesn't seem disjointed at all when you watch the episodes in.. succession.

PoTMS

Shows how important the finale is to a season. The other episodes ranged from boring to decent but they really nailed the finale and it turned a pretty average season to a pretty good one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That, and ever since the first season, particularly when Shiv announced on her wedding night that she wanted an open marriage, this betrayal of Shiv has been coming. Soooo many times she has shit on him only for him to come back to her like a well-trained puppy. Looks like he finally said "feck it"

Also, Matthew Macfadyen the true MVP of the show. Jeremy Strong, Kieran Culkin, and Brian Cox get all the plaudits (and they're obviously great) but I find Macfadyen to be very underrated. I think he has a lot more range to him that may go unnoticed sometimes.
I always go back and forth as certain characters rise and fall but Tom is the one I always settle on. Best character.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I always go back and forth as certain characters rise and fall but Tom is the one I always settle on. Best character.
The way he moves through his range of emotions in a scene almost like there are multiple personalities at play is fantastic.

The Firestarter

Shows how important the finale is to a season. The other episodes ranged from boring to decent but they really nailed the finale and it turned a pretty average season to a pretty good one.
Nailed both the start and the finish, thats more than enough. You can say the rest was filler but actually a lot of things were subtly setup / foreshadowed. Its hard to find a show where every episode is a banger.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I'm just finishing Episode 10 of Season 2 and it's just an utterly brilliant episode of TV, the whole series is great.
The little nuances in body language, sly remarks, camera work, one-liners and comedy is fantastic.
"I don't know if the sad i'd be without you is less than the sad I am with you" - Tom, heart breaking.

Probably wont get a chance to watch season 3 until Christmas break, but Kendall & Logan are the only ones I like so far, Greg & Roman are decent too.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Just saw it! Yeah, what a great finale. I’ll definitely watch this season again in one or two sittings and then probably the whole thing again before season 4 comes out. Wicked stuff. Still the best thing on TV, I was slightly worried as it played out but it’s so worth sticking with. Amazing stuff

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I avoided this thread since I started watching the show about 3 weeks back, and I've finished the 3 seasons now.

Genuinely think this is the best TV show in the past 5 maybe 10 years. It's so fecking good.

The cast are superb, every single one of them. Pace of the show, dry humour, script. Ah feck me it's great.

And Tom you finally did it :lol: I hate Shiv so much but she's thicc AF.

diarm

I'm still half suspecting Kendall of being in bed with Matsson.

Last edited:

baskinginthesun

Tom-Fecking-Wambsgans

He finally did it. This has been coming since season 1. I kept waiting for him to finally bite back, and here he is. What a dog!
They set this up half way through the season as well. When Logan went to Tom and said "I won't forget" after Tom had just been relieved of potential jail time

Suv666

I'm on s02e10 right now. My god what an amazing show. The best I've seen in years