Film Suicide Squad (2016)

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Correct. Deadshot is usually the leader of the Suicide Squad unless Deathstroke is in it too. Considering he is nowhere near this movie, Deadshot might have on scene command, as it where.
Yeah, figured as much. It makes more sense that they'll cast Smith because Deadshot is a main character, and not the reverse.

I wonder if they'd have Deathstroke in it with him being such a big part of the Arrow/Flash CW universe, but it would be awesome to see him show up. Then again, this film could be crowded enough as it is already.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
This place is mental when it comes to film. Suicide squad is going to be shit based off a photo of Leto as Joker, Batman vs Superman is going to be dreadful. But there's a giant wankathon over a jurassic world trailer that shows hammy dialogue, little story, and cartoony dinosaurs :lol:

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Why are you do defensive on this? You're like this in the Batman/Superman thread, are you some sort of big DC comics fan or something?
I'm a fan, wouldn't say a big fan. Why do I challenge it? Because there's a lot of contradictory crap and I'm bemused as how people can glean so much from so little on these films and conclude that Jurassic World looks like a great film.

Anyway you can read between the lines in some cases and see what's going on. There's a lot of hate for Zack Snyder (some of it fully justified tbh), and I think people thought this was somehow directly connected to his DC Universe and immediately thought that was a good reason to jump in and slag it.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I'm a fan, wouldn't say a big fan. Why do I challenge it? Because there's a lot of contradictory crap and I'm bemused as how people can glean so much from so little on these films and conclude that Jurassic World looks like a great film.

Anyway you can read between the lines in some cases and see what's going on. There's a lot of hate for Zack Snyder (some of it fully justified tbh), and I think people thought this was somehow directly connected to his DC Universe and immediately thought that was a good reason to jump in and slag it.
To be fair it is connected, part of the DCCU and all, but I agree that it's not a good reason to slag a film that otherwise Snyder isn't even involved with.

And for what it's worth, while I doubt it will be as good as the first one, Jurassic World looks like good fun.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
David Ayer has potential. He knows how to handle big set pieces.
I haven't seen Fury, which seems to be his best film, but everything else I've seen of his has been pretty underwhelming. His writing isn't that great either.

I think making the character black was unnecessary, but getting past that, Will Smith is a great actor. Not sure why anyone would object to him being the lead in an action film. And besides, Deadshot won't be the lead just because he's Will Smith, it'll be because in a lot of the comics he's a key member of the squad. Wasn't he also the leader in that animated movie they made a couple years ago?
I'm not that familiar with the suicide squad so if Deadshot is the leader then that would explain why they've got such a high profile actor in the role. Still think it's not great casting Smith in the role though, he's not that good of an actor. Give him a role where he can be his charismatic self and then he's fine, Deadshot doesn't really seem like one of those roles. I am excited to see Adebisi as Killer Croc though.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I don't mind the tattoos, it's something different.

Except the "Damaged" one, that one is awful. Just so.....emo or something.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I'm not that familiar with the suicide squad so if Deadshot is the leader then that would explain why they've got such a high profile actor in the role. Still think it's not great casting Smith in the role though, he's not that good of an actor. Give him a role where he can be his charismatic self and then he's fine, Deadshot doesn't really seem like one of those roles. I am excited to see Adebisi as Killer Croc though.
I think he works great in both blockbusters and drama, and he's a really good actor. If you disagree with that it makes sense you don't like his casting. However, it's strange that you say you're not that familiar with the suicide squad, then follow it up by saying it's bad casting for a character in it.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
So apparently the released image isn't the final design for Leto's Joker in the film, but rather an image released to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Joker. A couple of leaked stuff looks to support this theory, because you can't see any tattoos in them:

Mystry

Friendship is magic
I think he works great in both blockbusters and drama, and he's a really good actor. If you disagree with that it makes sense you don't like his casting. However, it's strange that you say you're not that familiar with the suicide squad, then follow it up by saying it's bad casting for a character in it.
The characters have been in other things.

PvsNP

So apparently the released image isn't the final design for Leto's Joker in the film, but rather an image released to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Joker. A couple of leaked stuff looks to support this theory, because you can't see any tattoos in them:

Thank god.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Sorry!

What I meant was, "What? The Justice league?"

Thought he mean't they were making it into a film.....Which would be a disaster.

I know full well what the Justice league is....Tiny Toons introduced me to it when I was 5 :D

Still stand by what I said...I love Will Smith but, Deadshot? :lol:

And Maggie as Harley Quinn...Good Jesus!

And, it's supposed to be about those villains and the government but, they're still apparently relying on Batman to carry the story for Deadshot and The Joker....And Batman doesn't even make an appearance.....Will Smith will be making another MIB after this

Ekeke

Yeah, figured as much. It makes more sense that they'll cast Smith because Deadshot is a main character, and not the reverse.

I wonder if they'd have Deathstroke in it with him being such a big part of the Arrow/Flash CW universe, but it would be awesome to see him show up. Then again, this film could be crowded enough as it is already.
He'd be nothing like the Deathstroke in Arrow. In Arrow they made a completely new character and called him Deathstroke, and gave him the signature costume he wears.

Deathstroke is known for being a paid assassin who only cares about getting paid 99.9% of the time. He's the "cool bad guy, who is sometimes on the side of good because thats who happens to be paying him at the moment"

The only time this hasnt been the case is when its to do with his family. When Nightwing was hanging around his daughter, he decided to drop a chemical weapon where Nightwing calls home. This is one of the most universally hated storylines in DC history, because its so out of character and bizarre for Deathstroke to act like that.

In Arrow all he cares about is revenge. Its not the same character at all, so I'm sure they'd have no hesitation putting him in

Sweet Square

Marvel should make a film called Suicide Squid and release it on the same day. Bet it would make more money.
Werner Herzog directing Aqua Man movie maybe. But yes while I want to see a good movie, I wouldn't lose to much sleep if this one completely bombed. As long as it meant the end to all super hero movies.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
He'd be nothing like the Deathstroke in Arrow. In Arrow they made a completely new character and called him Deathstroke, and gave him the signature costume he wears.

Deathstroke is known for being a paid assassin who only cares about getting paid 99.9% of the time. He's the "cool bad guy, who is sometimes on the side of good because thats who happens to be paying him at the moment"

The only time this hasnt been the case is when its to do with his family. When Nightwing was hanging around his daughter, he decided to drop a chemical weapon where Nightwing calls home. This is one of the most universally hated storylines in DC history, because its so out of character and bizarre for Deathstroke to act like that.

In Arrow all he cares about is revenge. Its not the same character at all, so I'm sure they'd have no hesitation putting him in
To be clear, I don't want the Deathstroke from Arrow in this film.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Werner Herzog directing Aqua Man movie maybe. But yes while I want to see a good movie, I wouldn't lose to much sleep if this one completely bombed. As long as it meant the end to all super hero movies.
Yeah nah. I love comics, and I'm grateful to live in a time where studios invest lots of money into adapting them into films, not to mention having them connect in a shared universe. Never thought I'd be lucky enough to see that happen. I'd hope that people who didn't want to watch them would just, you know, not watch them.

Ekeke

To be clear, I don't want the Deathstroke from Arrow in this film.
Same. I wouldnt want him anywhere.

It would be nice if the real Deathstroke was in this film though, perhaps correct a few misinterpretations and because he's exactly what you'd want in a SS movie, a cool badguy thats very likable and insanely popular.

Yeah nah. I love comics, and I'm grateful to live in a time where studios invest lots of money into adapting them into films, not to mention having them connect in a shared universe. Never thought I'd be lucky enough to see that happen. I'd hope that people who didn't want to watch them would just, you know, not watch them.
Yep, I tend not to. Or watch them eventually when I'm bored

I still havent seen... lets see... Man of Steel, any of the amazing spiderman films, Guardians of the galaxy, Captain America winter soldier...

For me the comics are about storylines. The movies are about special effects with the stories being pretty bad and having changes for the sake of it, not for actual improvement. Just because they could.

Last edited:

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Same. I wouldnt want him anywhere.

It would be nice if the real Deathstroke was in this film though, perhaps correct a few misinterpretations and because he's exactly what you'd want in a SS movie, a cool badguy thats very likable and insanely popular.
Also to be clear, I liked him in Arrow. Sure it's not an overly accurate adaptation, but at this point I don't expect much accuracy from CW. More than anything I was happy for a good main villain for the season, having not been fond of Merlyn in the first season. With such low expectations of accurate adaptation I could mark out when they actually do reference the comics or get something right.

But I have much higher standards for Warner Brothers, and with that would expect a Deathstroke that is much more like the comics. And maybe if they don't want to blow their wad with the first film, they could be saving him for a sequel down the line.

Deleted member 78215

That picture reminds me of this guy. Not good. Not good at all.

Sylar

Agree with this. Its nice to see the comics and superheroes (and villiains) being played out on the big screen. Like with anything, if you dont like it (but others do) just dont watch it. Youre not being forced.

Zen

I think he just LOVES his blockbusters. Loads of people will just love these kind of films because ... well because its "just entertainment". My gripe with them all is they are just getting far too epically overbloated now and that's what it seems DC is pushing for with their next two films to get to most likley even more overbloated Justice League. Zero faith in their characters outside of Batman/Joker really as they've ushered in one of them to save the ailing Superman.

The amount of money these films need to make to really make profit is insane, and given the cast of Suicide Squad, that alone probably explains why they can't do many solo films. Both Suicide Squad and BvS will need to topple a billion most likely.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

Surely that first one is Harley?

Zen

Well it sure looks like Leto......whether it's a leak or just some fanshop though....

Ekeke

So if anyone is looking forward to this movie but hasnt read the comics, there was a DC animated movie called Batman : Assault on Arkham released in 2014 thats a pretty good look at Taskforce X/Suicide Squad and what they're all about. Its not canon, its actually set in the universe of the Batman: Arkham videogame series, but I thought it was entertaining enough and features a bunch of the characters that will be in the movie

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I know this is slightly off topic but can anybody recommend some good animated superhero films? Don't mind if they're DC or Marvel or whatever. Going to check out Assault on Arkham and Dark Knight Returns but if there are any others worth watching recommendations are welcome.

Ekeke

I know this is slightly off topic but can anybody recommend some good animated superhero films? Don't mind if they're DC or Marvel or whatever. Going to check out Assault on Arkham and Dark Knight Returns but if there are any others worth watching recommendations are welcome.
I enjoyed Superman/Batman : Public Enemies, Justice on 2 Earths, Superman Vs. The Elite, Flashpoint Paradox and Justice League War the most. Son of Batman wasn't bad and I havent seen the 2 most recent ones, Throne of Atlantis and Batman Vs. Robin but I quite liked the stories they are based on so I expect they'll be decent as well.

I'd say more often than not, most of the DC animated films are worth watching even though some of them make changes to the comic storylines

Welsh Wonder

I enjoyed Superman/Batman : Public Enemies, Justice on 2 Earths, Superman Vs. The Elite, Flashpoint Paradox and Justice League War the most. Son of Batman wasn't bad and I havent seen the 2 most recent ones, Throne of Atlantis and Batman Vs. Robin but I quite liked the stories they are based on so I expect they'll be decent as well.

I'd say more often than not, most of the DC animated films are worth watching even though some of them make changes to the comic storylines
Cheers, that's my post-work viewing sorted for the week!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Same for me, I've enjoyed them the most with the Flashpoint Paradox being my favorite and Son of Batman the poorest.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
So if anyone is looking forward to this movie but hasnt read the comics, there was a DC animated movie called Batman : Assault on Arkham released in 2014 thats a pretty good look at Taskforce X/Suicide Squad and what they're all about. Its not canon, its actually set in the universe of the Batman: Arkham videogame series, but I thought it was entertaining enough and features a bunch of the characters that will be in the movie
That was a decent animated film right. A couple things I hope they don't keep the same from that is

Deadshot sleeping with Harley, and Deadshot killing Waller

Hoping they'll have a version of the "Waller blows up the brains of one of the squad to show she's serious" scene.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

That looks more promising.

Joker's tats kind of lost the plot at "damaged."

Welsh Wonder

Will Smith appears to be treating this as a Wild Wild West sequel.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Affleck suited up on the set of Suicide Squad last night. Decent attempt at hiding his batsuit :lol:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

I've no idea whether that's character acurate or not, or even what characer he's playing, but there are very few people in the world who can pull off that coat. So props for that....And that's coming from someone who spent £150 on a yellow Averix biking jacket when he was 19. Which I wore once. Because I most definitely couldn't pull it off.

Btw, does anyone want to buy a yellow Avirex biking jacket? Or a burgundy Tommy Hillfiger waterproof tracksuit? Or a Wu Wear hoody? PM me.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings

It's probably a flashback scene, as those same set photos featuring a little girl, probably Deadshot's daughter. Although if that's what he looks like for the whole film... wuuut