• Wilfred Zaha

• Douglas Costa

• David Neres

• Suso

• Hirving Lozano

• Steven Bergwijn

Results are only viewable after voting.

ErranMorad

I don't think we need to go for a "right winger" per se. An attacking player who is capable of playing on the right or on the tip of the diamond when we play that formation could be a good option since there are no outstanding "right wingers". I personally would like to see us go for Fekir. He can play on the right, on the top of the diamond and also in Pogba's position when he is out. Dybala is another outstanding option; however, I am wary of getting another Argentine for an exorbitant transfer fee. Historically it never worked out for us with them.

Fekir or Dybala and an outstanding RB will transform our attacking play.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not sure they could turn down 50-60 especially if they go down.

There was always talk of a buy back clause but not sure if that was true.

All Spurs money is in the new stadium so I think they might have briefed the press that it was a ridiculous amount to save face for not having the money available at the time.
Fair enough.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Some suggestions to add to the poll...

Eredivisie: Ziyech
BuLi: Thorgan Hazard, Bailey
Ligue 1: Fekir, Saint-Maximin
Liga: Chukwueze, Williams, Brais Mendez
Serie A: Politano, Berardi

Last edited:

settembrini

If we have the money then Sancho.

If we don't because we are spending on other positions then Suso represents incredible value due to his release clause.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I still think people are sleeping on Malcom personally just because he hasn't done so well at Barca maybe he needs a change and can show his true ability
Too slow.

Stacks

I want Pepe. I have an unpopular opinion that Sancho is a tad over hyped and this could be a one off season so I want him to develop. Could just be that I am anxious he is only 18. That said he is young English and hails from near where I am from so would get my full support. I would also like a young trio of Martial Rashford and Sancho so on further thought I have talked myself into wanting Sancho most.

Verminator

I used to think it was priority but now, I think rwb is far more urgent than rw.
The RB provide the width and crossing to compliment a fluid, interchanging front line.

Buying a winger is too rigid.
A wide striker is a different matter.

Devil may care

If we can't get Sancho I'd wait another summer, it's just one more season as Uncle Owen said, and yeah he ended up a pile of bones and ash but that's by the by.

If we buy one of the others that will be it for any chance of Sancho being a United player, the only other 2 on the list I'd really want are Chiesa and Under.

#Galtier: "Nicolas Pepe realises a great season and he will progress further. He has to go to a Champions League club. In my opinion, it does not need an intermediate step to go as high as possible. I can see him in a team that plays in red."
Looking at this from the closed thread, Lille play in red and or on course to be in the CL next season aren't they?

Last edited:

In Rainbows

Too slow.
My problem with buying those kind of players is that you're gambling on a player that has stagnated or on a downward trajectory. Plus you're helping out the big club who are your rivals in the marketplace for the best talents. It's why I don't like the buying of Di Maria, the rumor of Suarez, and the suggestion of Malcom.

Don't let those rival clubs off by giving them an escape route for their failed transfers. Nobody does the same for us.

Devil may care

Bayern have been linked.
Makes sense that they'd be looking to replenish the flanks with Ribery and Robben in their 70's now, I wonder if Pepe is an alternative to Hudson-Odoi. I'm guessing Gnarby hasn't made the grade?

bucky

Makes sense that they'd be looking to replenish the flanks with Ribery and Robben in their 70's now, I wonder if Pepe is an alternative to Hudson-Odoi. I'm guessing Gnarby hasn't made the grade?
Well, apparently Hudson-Odoi's best position is on the left, so their interest in Pepe might be unrelated. Generally speaking they need to improve in that area and while Gnabry hasn't been bad, it could just be that they want to improve in terms of quantity and quality. Haven't watched that much of Munich though.

Devil may care

Well, apparently Hudson-Odoi's best position is on the left, so their interest in Pepe might be unrelated. Generally speaking they need to improve in that area and while Gnabry hasn't been bad, it could just be that they want to improve in terms of quantity and quality. Haven't watched that much of Munich though.
I suppose a quartet of Hudson-Odoi, Coman, Gnarby and Pepe would give Bayern plenty of depth on the flanks.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Show them money and Dortmund won’t say no. They’ve got a great farm and have no troubles. Sancho with rash, lingard, martial and pogba is meant to be

ash_86

I will go with Pepe. Cannot spend all the summer kitty on Sancho.

DelBanco

I want Pepe. I have an unpopular opinion that Sancho is a tad over hyped and this could be a one off season so I want him to develop. Could just be that I am anxious he is only 18. That said he is young English and hails from near where I am from so would get my full support. I would also like a young trio of Martial Rashford and Sancho so on further thought I have talked myself into wanting Sancho most.
You are not alone, I think Sancho is too overhyped here, Kagawa and Mkhitaryan are enough for me. Pepe is the best option for me right now, he is fast, can beat his man, can score goals. I would like to see Dybala here but I don’t think that Juve gonna sell him less than 120 mil.

beingshe7don

I agree with this assessment

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We're not getting Sancho imo. Pepe is far more attainable, and the one I'd like to see us go for.

Nick.

People have mentioned Dybala as an option but surely even if we did get him he would be a #10 for us, and we would primarily use the diamond we have been trying out in the last few games, rather than play him at right wing. Although that would be a monster attack if we got him mind.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Bebe, Zaha, Kagawa, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Sanchez. Terrible luck with our right wing. Lets splash the cash it takes to get Sancho and call it a day. Just the right profile we are looking for, plays on the right, young, English and very good. Will probably be cheaper in the long term to just get him now instead of fumbling around for a few years with maybe 2-3 other currently "cheaper" alternatives.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
A difference of opinion to be had. A 4-2-2-2 or a 2-7-2. Eriksen can also play that rcam role. Our “attacking” fullback will provide the width.

—————-De Gea↓—————-
———Lindelof - —-Smalling ——-
————←Rice ———- Herrera→
↓Atal ————————————Chillwell↓
—-Houssem Aouar↑ — ↑Pogba↓——
————-←Rashford —- Martial→———-

Without trying to be to tactical, Sancho or Pepe is my top choices.

MetoTTT

A difference of opinion to be had. A 4-2-2-2 or a 2-7-2

—————-De Gea↓—————-
———Lindelof - —-Smalling ——-
————←Rice ———- Herrera→
↓Atal ————————————Chillwell↓
—-Houssem Aouar↑ — ↑Pogba↓——
————-←Rashford —- Martial→———-

Without trying to be to tactical, Sancho or Pepe is my top choices.
I'll go with the 2-7-2 system, we'll be title challengers for sure.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No Dembele? Won't be long before the media are saying he's up for sale again

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bebe, Zaha, Kagawa, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Sanchez. Terrible luck with our right wing. Lets splash the cash it takes to get Sancho and call it a day. Just the right profile we are looking for, plays on the right, young, English and very good. Will probably be cheaper in the long term to just get him now instead of fumbling around for a few years with maybe 2-3 other currently "cheaper" alternatives.
Not sure if you can call it luck, or just not going for a normal right sided player... Sanchez was a right sided player like 8 years ago, Mkhitaryan, Kagawa and Mata were #10's, bebe was nobody, Zaha the only one who was bought as a right winger and he is average.
Agree though. Sancho is perfect for us right there. Do whatever it takes, he'll be the guy for the next 10 years.

Dante

Average bang
I don't think our attack is as bad as the Caf makes out. Even without a new winger, I think we're okay.

But Fulham are getting relegated, so a punt on Sessegnon wouldn't be the worst gamble. His ceiling is very high.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Not sure if you can call it luck, or just not going for a normal right sided player... Sanchez was a right sided player like 8 years ago, Mkhitaryan, Kagawa and Mata were #10's, bebe was nobody, Zaha the only one who was bought as a right winger and he is average.
Agree though. Sancho is perfect for us right there. Do whatever it takes, he'll be the guy for the next 10 years.
Yes. No that was actually my main point too, so you were right to correct me.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't think our attack is as bad as the Caf makes out. Even without a new winger, I think we're okay.

But Fulham are getting relegated, so a punt on Sessegnon wouldn't be the worst gamble. His ceiling is very high.
Ok isn't good enough though, just look at how Pogba links with Martial down the left and Rashford through the middle and then just imagine an actual right winger added to that :drool:

Dante

Average bang
Ok isn't good enough though, just look at how Pogba links with Martial down the left and Rashford through the middle and then just imagine an actual right winger added to that :drool:
Those Pogba/Martial/Shaw links are baked into our lopsided system and would be frittered away if the right side didn't function the way it does now.

We're a tiki taka team up our left flank and a counter-attacking team up our right flank. The drifting 'right winger' is a big part of that. Lingard and Mata have great movement and excellent ball retention stats. That's the reason they're there. They free up space on the right side the pitch where we're deliberately trying to create space. On the left, we're deliberatly trying to make things congested because of how technical Pogba/Martial/Shaw are. It's about forcing the other team to play to our strengths on each flank.

As a result of the above, our build-up is skewed up towards the left. But our attacks in the final third are actually split about even between the left/right, thanks to the right sided drifting of the CF and the overlapping of the RB (notice that, by contrast, the LB is not asked to do as much overlapping).

Being unbablanced is not a bad thing. We won both our last two CLs playing that way.

If you took Lingard/Mata out, it would have the knock-on effect of weakening the left... unless we replaced Lingard/Mata with a 'right sided AM' who was at similarly good at recycling the ball and finding pockets of space between opposition CB and DM. Incidentally, that's not Sanchez/Rashford/Martial's game, which is why none of those three have been played on the right.

Last edited: